Zimmerman Ford Hyundai Mitsubishi BMW

Used 319-423-4697
Service 319-366-4000

Mister

by from Hiawatha, IA |

Great service at a reasonable price for servicesxmxmmxxmxmxmxmxmmxmxmxmxmmmxm

Auto repair

by from Iowa City, IA |

We took our Focus into their shop for repairs. The knob that controls the Heating and AC vents was stuck on defrost. In addition, there was water condensation appearing on the garage floor under the engine. At the time We didn't know if the issues were related; We thought that other fluids might be leaking from engine. They examined the fuel system and found the condensation was connected to the stuck knob. The knob was unstuck and the condensation ended. Unfortunately, the gas mileage on the car dropped by about 5 mpg. It used to be around 30mpg, now it barely reaches 25 mpg; sometimes lower. Whatever they did examining the fuel system had some impact on fuel efficiency. It could not definitely be proven and they wouldn't acknowledge any connection. We can't prove causality but one thing is true: shortly after a year, conveniently past any warranty, the knob stuck again and the condensation returned.

Best Experience - Best Deal - Best Service

by from Clive Iowa (Des Moines) |

We are from Des Moines - Have always done business with local BMW dealer. Hands down the best car leasing experience ever! Our sales guy Brad Drahos was the best! Very personable and professional - will contact him when for my next vehicle! He was able to get us the best deal and worth the short drive to Cedar Rapids - straight 10's!! Stop paying the high cost of larger BMW dealers and contact Brad - He will treat you right!

Lowest rated Service on Goggle+ for a reason

by from Cedar Rapids Iowa |

I can't put into words how terrible their service center is. My power steering problems should have been a one day repair. It ended up being a NINE DAY REPAIR! I've never felt so helpless in my life. The list of excuses for the time delays included- shipping delays, an all employee meeting, they were sent the wrong part, the manufactured didn't have the part. etc. It was one thing after another. It took 9 days in the summer when they said they weren't that busy. Regardless of what caused the delays, the way I was treated was completely unacceptable. John S was very rude and tried to mislead me. My identity was stolen about a a year ago and dealing with John S at Zimmerman's brought back the same feelings of helplessness. It almost felt like they were holding my car hostage, calling me every day demanding more money. Multiple mistakes were made during my repair, they were all acknowledged and documented. I supposedly was given a discount for these delays, but the final price paid was about $50 more than what Billion quoted me after the fact. (I should have just gone to them first)

Outstanding experience

by from La Porte City, Iowa |

I went in to the dealership simply planning to look at a car I found on line and maybe test drive. I didn't not have financing lined up or any plans to purchase. I walked out 2 hours later having purchased the car. I paid what I thought was a VERY fair price from all of the research I had done. It was truly an effortless and enjoyable buying experience.

Will not be back

by from Near Centerpoint |

The short of it is that they were going to sell me a car for a certain price and make a repair on it. Once they found out what it was going to cost they pulled the offer. What is unfortunate is that it was a suspension issue that anyone would have noticed when test driving the vehicle. This is typical used car salesman behavior that I didn't expect from them. Perhaps if it was a new car it would have been different. Regardless, I will never be back. It was my first and last visit. I will also be sharing my experience elsewhere.

horrible service I have ever gotten!!!

by from Cedar Rapids, IA |

This dealer is the worst dealer I have ever dealt with. I bought a 2012 Chrysler 200. Not only did I have issues with the car but the staff of Zimmerman were even more pathetic. I bought the car in Oct. 2013 and right off hand I knew I should of walked away. The communication of the sales team and the shop staff was horrible. I have a few issues with the car. I was told as we were signing the final papers, after 8 hrs that the issues with the car would be fixed. Long story short they never were. I talked to the Sales Manager about this issue and he called me a lair and told me to get out of his office. Later I went into my place of employment and my boss informed me that Zimmerman's had called and asked to speak with him and told him that one of his managers/ me, was in his business causing mastiff. All I wanted was to have our agreement lived up to as my agreement of paying the bill will be. I have never seen such horrible customer service, working in it myself I have seen allot of poor ethics but this business differently takes the top of most pathetic customer service I have ever seen. DO NOT GO TO THIS DEALER.... wish I would of listen to others who told me this.

a little bit disappointed...

by from North Liberty, IA |

We purchased a new BMW from this dealer two weeks ago and the salesman was courteous and professional during test drive and buying process, however I am disappointed since I have not received any follow up (email or call) from the dealership after purchasing a $62k car! From my prior experience from another dealer, I received many courtesy call , emails and mails after buying a new car from the salesman and dealership to see if I have any questions or if everything is ok. Probably different dealers have different policy in respecting their customers, or may be it's the policy of auto makers to expect their dealers to follow with their customers or not.

Worst car buying experience ever.

by from Marion,IA |

We bought a used Acura MDX from Zimmerman Ford and didn't get very good customer service. It started by us having to drive the vehicle from the lot to the office and ask someone to help us with a test drive. Usually they would rush you as soon as you pulled onto the lot, but not tonight. Then after working out the details and decided to buy. We came to pick up the vehicle the following day and had NO sales person "Deliver" the car to us. As soon as we handed over the check,we were given the keys and that was it.Now we are having problems with the transmission two days later and was told by the service dept.,the warranty didn't cover electronic parts and they didn't work on Japanese Cars.. You would think a dealership that just sold you a vehicle would try and work something out. I can honestly say this is the worst experience ever.

The best car buying experience

by from Marion, IA |

In July 2013 I worked with David Spreitzer, Paul Bixby, George Trovas (sales manager), and Adam Klenske in buying a new Mitsubishi Outlander. I am taking the time to write about my experience because I was so encouraged about how well my wife and I were treated and this is the best thanks that I can give back to those who helped me. As someone who worked as a car salesman 10 years ago in Texas and is now an engineer in Iowa, I am always skeptical when buying new cars. However, the Zimmerman sales team exceeded my expectations and did not pressure me like other annoying salesmen. I originally met with Paul and he gave me excellent information during the test drive. Part of the reason I returned was because Paul did not pressure me to stay when I left the first time to go test drive other vehicles. His respectful approach made me feel comfortable in returning to Zimmerman when I had narrowed down my choices. When I returned, Dave Spreitzer located and delivered the vehicle I had been looking for in less than 1 week. His customer service and final delivery was fantastic. The sales manager, George Trovas, was very professional and ensured that I received a competitive price on my new car and a great value for my trade in comparison to the Kelly Blue Book Value. Adam Klenske in the business office provided an informative but no pressure guide to my financing, warranty, and maintenance program options. If you want a pleasant car buying experience with a team of sales people that you can trust without the sales pressure or gimmicks, Zimmerman must be on the top of your list!