Hudson Brothers

Hudson Brothers

4779 Sunset Blvd, Lexington, SC 29072

Used 888-826-9281

Hudson' Brother's-A Great Place To Do Business!

by from West Columbia, SC |

I had decided it was time to trade cars and though I had not made up my mind on the perfect car I was looking for a 2013 Ford Focus ST to try out. I had been checking the local dealers but no one had what I was looking for. I thought I was going to have to go out of town when a last minute Google search showed that Hudson Brothers Motors of Lexington, SC had one on their lot. I did not have a lot of time due to my work schedule so I just called them and arranged to take a test drive. I originally spoke with Darrell and he said come on by. I intended to go there, test drive the ST, have my car evaluated for trade-in and then go by another dealer to look at other cars on my list. Well. that didn't happen. It took about 10 minutes to get the keys and after a very exciting test drive I returned to talk about the money end of the deal. They asked what I needed to get for my car to make it happen. I told them and after a little negotiating, Chuck offered me within $200.00 of my price. I loved the car and it had every option that I would have included if I ordered a new one so I was sold. It was Saturday and they normally close at 2 PM and I had not even started the loan process so I figured I would have to finalize everything on another day since it was now 1:45 PM. I told them I had done some research and felt I could qualify for 1.99 % but had not contacted anyone. They said no worry and a few minutes later I was headed to meet a local banker who opened his branch and processed my loan (at 1.989%). Wow, you don't expect that kind of service in these times! I must say that Darrell and Chuck were both great to work with and I will certainly refer anyone looking for quality vehicles and who are looking for great service to their dealership.

Thanks

by from South Carolina |

I had been to other dealers trying to find a new car. One (Wray) only acknowledged my husband, despite repeated attempts to clarify that the car was for me and I was writing the check that day. I was not playing games of low ball-high ball. They were rude and condescending, to say the least. Suffice it to say, I was more than a little reticent to continue my quest for a new vehicle. My husband went to Hudson Brothers and said just drive by to "see it." Of course, that evolved into stop and test drive. I cannot tell you what a breath of fresh air Chuck was. He was courteous, respectful, and did NOT only speak to my husband as if I weren't in the room. I would expect in this day and age of women making their own way, more business people would be like the Hudson Brothers in their dealings with women. Equal means Equal.

Mr & Mrs Lloyd

by from South Carolina |

Cathy and I are delighted to provide a glowing testimonial regarding our experiences in purchasing (and selling) automobiles through Hudson Brothers. As you know, we have purchased 3 vehicles from you and sold four (the Lexus, the Mercedes, the Bentley and the Volvo). Each of the vehicles we have bought have exceeded all possible expectations. The Mercedes ML350 never required a single service (other than routine maintenance) in the 60,000 miles we drove it. The Jaguar XJ8 has yet to require any repairs- for the 25,000 miles I have put on it since you delivered it 3 years ago. Our recent Acura SUV is a delight. Not only do you stand behind your cars, everyone at your shop is a delight to work with. The amazing attention to detail makes the car buying experience a breeze. Our last purchase last month was somewhat unexpected- we only came to look, but left with new wheels! You make the process so simple- all the paperwork done expertly without a hitch. As a busy physician, I appreciate the personal attention I received. So many of my colleagues share similar stories in their automobile buying experience with the Hudson Brothers. I cannot say enough about the quality of the experience and look forward to many future transactions. I would be pleased to answer any calls from potential customers to share my observations. If Cathy and I can do anything to assist you, do not hesitate to call.

Friends

by from Columbia SC |

I have close friends who have been doing business with Hudson Brothers for years. They have always spoken very favorably of their business interactions with this company. I have lived in Columbia for over 35 years and have never heard anything unsavory about this company. I recently explored the possibility of getting my dream car, a Ford Thunderbird convertible. I researched online and discovered that one was available locally at Hudson Brothers. The vehicle is flawless and the service I got from them was the best I've ever experienced. You're treated like an old friend, and offered a product that you know is of top quality and it's condition is as presented. I would not hestitate to do business with them again and would recommend them without hesitation.

Great Guys

by from Lexington SC |

We enjoyed every minute of our experience of buying our car at Hudson Brothers. It was a very stress free process and it was nothing like the big dealerships. We found a great car at a great price with low mileage. The car is in immaculate condition and we are extremely satisfied with our purchase. The paperwork and everything took about ten minutes. Darrell and Chuck are quality guys and me and my wife will definitely consider them next time we purchase a car. We will be referring our friends and family members to check them out as well.

They didn't tell me everything!

by from Westlake, Ohio |

Well, I promised myself I'd wait at least four weeks after buying my new Volvo from Darrell Hudson before I'd write a review. I was kinda in the market for a newer C70 and I happened across the exact car I thought I wanted so I emailed Darrell. He called me the next day and after a little negotiating we agreed on a price for my trade and a price on the new one. I thought the asking price on the new one was high but Darrell wouldn't budge on the price - he just kept sayin I'd love the car. Well it was what I wanted but I was a bit skeptical because of an earlier bad review so I had them meet me halfway at a Volvo dealer so I could have the new one checked out. The dealer took one look at the car, checked the VIN and winked at me. He said, "You're gettin a great car." Turns out the original buyer bought a bunch of free maintenance and it all transferred to me along with the original warranty. Wow - didn't know I was getting that! Well then I looked inside the car and noticed that it has Nav built in - didn't know I was getting that either. So after the dealer was done with the car, I completed the deal and traded cars with Darrell's driver. When I unlocked the door to get in, I noticed that the mirrors automatically deployed. Didn't know I was getting that either. Sat in the driver's seat and began setting the mirrors - noticed it's got back-up warning and blind-spot warning. Darrell didn't tell me it had those either. Drove away and noticed that it has the premium sound system - Darrell didn't tell me that. When it got dark I noticed that it has the headlights that follow the steering wheel when you turn. Darn - Darrell didn't tell me that either. A couple of days ago it started raining while I was driving to work -- you guessed it - it has rain sensing wipers. And Darrell didn't tell me about that either. In short, I now realize why Darrell didn't budge on the price. If I'd known about all the extras on this car, I probably would have concluded it was underpriced and wondered what the catch was. Seriously - I had probably the best buying experience I've ever had. No running back and forth to the manager, no bait and switch, no upselling, no false promises. Darrell was as honest as they come and I know that the next time I buy a car I'll be giving him a call. Thanks Darrell - you're the best.

The Way Car Dealers Should Be

by from Austin, Texas |

Hudson Brothers runs their business the way every business should be run -- honest, professional, and trustworthy. How many business people do you know (much less car dealers) who you would trust to give their word and then follow through? I traveled all the way from Texas to buy a car from Hudson Brothers because they had the car I wanted (make, model, features,

2011 Lincoln MKX

by from NE Florida |

Cudos to Hudson Brothers! Can remember a more pleasurable experience in buying a ike newcar. (2011 Lincoln MKX with 1600 miles). Darrell honesty and integrity are a true testimonial to their lasting success. Wel drive a long way to get a good buy (from NE Florida) and when you have a trade you take the added risk of not closing the deal, but everything was 100% as agreed before we arrived at Hudson Brothers. Would we do it again, most certainly! Would we recommend Hudson Brothers, without a doubt! We figured we saved at least $6,000 over the purchase of this same new car. Continued success, hope to see you again! The Browns

Not Reliable

by from COLUMBIA |

Cannot be trusted. They are only for the money and will brake any agreement to do it. I was to buy a car from them but they decided to sell it to someone else because the other person offer more money. All this after they had already agreed to come by to close the deal the next DaY.

Hudson Brothers responded to this review

February 9, 2014

I'm sorry you feel this way Mr. Anthony. We don't hold vehicles. We give all of our customers an equal amount of opportunity to purchase any of our vehicles. If a scheduled appointment is not kept by the customer. The vehicle then becomes available. We have never met in person and I'm sure you are a nice guy. Probably the reason your upset is because we sell like new vehicles at almost wholesale prices. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Oral agreements & hands shakes are of the past.

by from Lexington, SC |

I just had my 1st bad experience when trying to buy a vehicle. On Friday evening (9/30/11) I noticed a new truck at Hudson Brothers LLC in Lexington, SC. When I returned home, I went online and sent my information to them. On Saturday (10/1/11), I phoned my brother (who is a mechanic) and asked him to inspect the truck for me. He knew the Hudson Brothers; he purchased their nephew truck that runs a truck accessories business next door to the car lot. We planned to meet at Hudson Brothers LLC around 1pm so I called to make arrangements to view the truck. I spoke with Darrell first, he was on the way to the football game and his brother Chuck was still at the business. I called Chuck; he informed me he would only be there a short amount of time because he was also headed to the game. With limited time, I went and viewed the truck alone. Chuck handed me the keys and I looked the truck over. I was very pleased with everything and especially for the price. When I went back into the office, I said the truck looked great. I explained to Chuck my need for the truck; that its primary use would be in a startup of a new business. I told him I was interested and my brother would be by Monday (10/3/11) or Tuesday (10/4/11) to inspect it. Chuck said the truck was a great price and we needed to get back before Wednesday (10/5/11) or it would go to auction. I agreed and assured him my brother would be by one of the two days, shook his hand and left. My brother checked the truck out Tuesday (10/4/11) around lunch time. He called to let me know he test drove the truck and everything looked good mechanically. Darrell informed my brother I needed to drop by soon if I still wanted it due to others being interested. I called Chuck to ask him when I could drop a check off and pick up the truck. I was informed I am now 3rd in line. When I asked why, I was informed they are in the wholesale business and I didn give him any money or call him. I was always taught you are only as good as your word and a handshake means something. I told him I was interested in the vehicle, explained my brother would be by to inspect it and shook his hand. If these terms were not satisfactory, why wasn something said? If I needed to give him money or call him before my brother visited, why didn he tell me on Saturday? If I was the 3rd person to show interest, why would I have been told on Saturday it would go to auction instead of there are other interested parties? Needless to say, I took the afternoon off work (10/4/11), paid the bank for a certified check and called them only to be told I couldn buy the truckI would have to wait until 2 other people decided they didn want it. I had to make a return trip to the bank, ask the funds be returned to my account and the check be destroyed.

Hudson Brothers responded to this review

February 9, 2014

I'm sorry you feel this way Mr. Brian. We don't hold vehicles. We give all of our customers an equal amount of opportunity to purchase any of our vehicles. If a scheduled appointment is not kept by the customer. The vehicle then becomes available. We have never met in person and I'm sure you are a nice guy. Probably the reason your upset is because we sell like new vehicles at almost wholesale prices. Please feel free to contact me anytime. I also Left this reply on your brothers review also. Thanks again. Voted Best of Lexington 2 years in a row