J & K Auto

8670 State Highway 7, St. Bonifacius, MN 55375

Used 888-339-5832

Good deal great integrity

by from Minneapolis, MN |

Very good deal we got from this guy. He was quick to call back and respond to all phone calls. Don't expect the guy to hold your hand during the car buying process, he only sells about 30 cars retail per month and mostly deals with wholesale, so he's doing us a favor by listing the few he chooses that he knows will sell fast, to sell. Know the car you want before you show up and be ready to buy. He has other interested buyers that have cash on hand so don't waste his time by trying to negotiate or have him wait for your mechanic to look at it a week out. He seriously only picks the cars that are in good condition that will sell within days and prices them to sell (he only makes a few hundred on each retail sale, unlike a larger dealer who will wheel & deal you for all you've got). If they don't, he takes them to wholesale, where you'll be stuck buying it from a less honest dealership. He knows his reputation is at stake so he's not going to mess with you. Highly recommend this small, honest dealer. Worth the drive. Thank you J & K!

Great experience

by from St. Paul MN |

I had an awesome experience buying a Nissan Titan from Jason. Very quick and thorough transaction, great trade in allowance, very happy!

Not willing to work with us.

by from Minneapolis, MN |

Drove an hour to see a vehicle on this lot. Every time I called the dealer he made it seem that he had better things to do and could never remember me at all. Really liked the vehicle and only had 1 issue with it. He said he would have his mechanic look at that issue and fix it. I was willing to give a deposit on the vehicle. He refused the deposit and said he WOULD NOT even advertise the vehicle, that basically it was mine. He said he would call me after his mechanic fixed any issues. My husband and I decided to have a separate mechanic check it out, within our rights, since it was a salvage title. I had to call him since he did not call me when he said he would. Let him know that we wanted the separate inspection and he said that was fine. The next day I again needed to contact him when he told me he would call me back and didn't. He then told me he had 2 other buyers for the vehicle that were willing to buy without an additional mechanic check. I asked him if he would be willing to at least not sell the vehicle until we could see it this afternoon and he said NO. After the way I've been treated by this dealer, I would not buy a car from him and I will be telling everyone I know not to buy from him either. I work in customer service and he has the worst!

J & K Auto responded to this review

May 11, 2014

2006 Chrysler Town & Country $3,500 unit, I have no problem having a vehicle looked at prior to purchase. Have everything ready to go as a buyer, test drive it, bring it to your mechanic and then make your decision. If you come on my lot and look at a unit, and then need to come back with your husband to look at it, and then want a mechanic to look at it, I can't guarantee that it will still be here. If we wait a week for your mechanic to say no that's not the car for you, then we both wasted our time.

Great Experience

by from Long Lake, MN |

I recently purchased a Subaru Outback from J&K. Jason was extremely helpful and personable. He was straightforward with any issues the car had and work that was done. He offered what I was planning on asking for it so that part worked out perfectly. He was also straightforward with letting me know that other people were looking at the car. Like I said a very good experience.

Good service

by from St.Bonifacius |

I purchased a Land Rover from J&K. The process was smooth and the dealer was very helpful. I have since test drove several cars with the dealers absolute trust in me. He never pressured me, unlike most dealers, to purchase a car. Overall, I have appreciate the way business has been handled.

Terrible experience!!

by from Rochester, MN |

There is not enough space to list all the issues. Very unpersonable, short, and abrupt. Was not willing to discuss the car at all with the reply multiple times of "I don't know, I'm not a mechanic". Wanted to write up deal BEFORE test drive, immediately after test drive fuel pump went out in the middle of the road, thank goodness no papers had been signed. Dream car purchase crushed.

J & K Auto responded to this review

February 3, 2013

2003 Ford Mustang with 93,453 miles priced at $5,999. Chris drove about two hours to get to my dealership, right after the test drive the fuel pump dies. I do not have any service at my store. I offered to have the car delivered to her home after it was fixed, but after something like this happens there is no way you can earn the customers trust or business. There are lots of used car dealerships that come and go, I sell about 30 units a month, and have been in business for 13 years. With About 4,600 used car sales I have had two complaints to the Better Business Bureau over 13 years and both times the BBB has side with me. I deserve the 1 out of 5 rating one this unit, I am glad it stopped working on my lot rather than not working the day after she would of bought it. Sorry Chris