McEleney Chevrolet Buick GMC

2421 Lincoln Way, Clinton, IA 52732

New 888-311-0166
Used 888-464-8959
Service 877-468-5061

Call... Click... or come in.

Wonderful All Around Dealership

by from Bryant, Iowa |

My family and I have been buying cars from Cathy Banowetz at McEleney's for about 10 years, and when we decided it was time to buy a pickup truck we knew where to go. The process to purchase this vehicle (2014 Tundra) was pretty long and drawn out, and throughout Cathy was extremely patient and helpful. When it ultimately came time to make the purchase, she was very helpful trying to find a vehicle that fit my needs. Being unable to do so, she was able to secure a quick dealer trade and helped me order a new one from the factory so I would have exactly what I wanted. The truck was built about two weeks after placing the order, and was delivered two weeks after that. For sure, the next time we buy a vehicle we will be back.

Good buying experience

by from Camanche IA |

Had a great pressure free buying experience with Blake who stayed after hours to make sure I got the truck I wanted. Would definitely buy from him again. The service department is a complete joke and will never touch one of my vehicles again after the last two times. Once they didn't fix the car and the other time they tried to charge double what every other mechanic wanted for brakes.

Doesn't care about prospective customer

by from Erie, il |

Drove 40 minutes they knew I was coming got there and the vehichle had been sold! Didn't bother to let me know! The reception was a real piece of work, I told her I was there to see the sales manager and test drive a car she responded that is weird why would he give a test drive? As if I should know. Would not recommend this place!

November 19, 2014

My name is Drew McEleney and I am the General Sales Manager here at McEleney Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Toyota in Clinton. My dad and I own the dealership. Let me start by saying that I am very sorry for your experience with us. We dropped the ball several times including not informing you that the Trailblazer had sold before you made the trip to our dealership and that we made you feel badly after your encounter with our receptionist. I cannot imagine how upset I would have been had I been in your shoes. We do have other vehicles that might work for you we would be happy to bring them to you saving you the trip to Clinton if you are interested. Again, please accept my apology. We will use this experience to train our staff to keep our customers better informed and to have our receptionist take better care of our guests going forward. Best, Drew

Great Service!

by from Clinton, IA |

Thank you Cathy Banowetz for finding me over at the Toyota building. You were able to answer all my questions and you are one that goes above and beyond! I will recomend you to others to find this positive experience the same as I. Cathy is very thorough, and follows through making the trading in / purchasing a new vehicle simple and pleasant. If I have any further questions with my new purchase of 2014 Toyota Sienna, I am confident that I can come back in or call Cathy and get my questions answered. She even programmed her number into my car's bluetooth/cell phone. Thank you Drew and Chris for your help in the paperwork and finalizing the purchase. Everyone is so kind, with a great facility!

Cathy Banowetz

by from Clinton, IA |

Cathy was very down to earth and very friendly. She answered all of my questions and explained everything very well in terms that I understood. She went as far as to work with me on her day off to make sure everything was ready to go before I picked up my new truck. She was nice enough to show me how to set up and work all of the options for easier use. She made the buying process very comfortable! I would recommend her to anyone.

Excellent customer service

by from Maquoketa, IA |

I was in need of a car after my vehicle was totalled by my insurance company. I was referred to Cathy Banowetz by some good friends that swore by her. She is as good as they come. I had a limited amount of money I could spend with certain criteria from my bank and she got me into a wonderful car!! She spent half the day with me making sure everything went smoothly. They even filled in some hail dings from the previous owner. I would go to her again and send anyone to her! Thank you all for making that transition so nice.

Excellent, excellent customer service!!

by from Camanche, IA |

I have been a customer of McEleneys for 15 years, and have always been very satisfiwd with my service. I just recently leased my 5th new vehicle on Jan 21st, a beautiful GMC Terrain Denali. On Jan 23rd, on my way to work, I hit a deer. Not even 40 miles on it and my very first accident ever (I am 51 years old), I was really shook, it was 5:30 in the morning, wind chill 40 below, I didn't even know what to do! I went on to work and called my sales-person, Kathy Banowitz. She ended up spending half the day with me, getting my vehicle in for repair, and making sure I was OK. Everyone at that dealership came up to me that day, and asked me if I was OK. And then on top of all of that, I did not have rental insurance on my policy. Drew McEleney stepped in and loaned me a vehicle at no charge and even filled it with gas!!!! I am so grateful, I have and always will, tell everyone about the outstanding customer service at McEleneys. It is the absolute best. Thank you to all of the staff there, and especially Kathy and Drew, who treated me like I was there only customer!!

Not willing to negociate

by from Galesburg il |

Not willing to negotiate!! Spoke with one gentleman on the phone and was told price on Internet had a little negotiating room. Drove 72 miles in a snowstorm, because i made an appointment to be there and wanted to honor that,to buy the car my wife really wanted and a different salesman told me he could not negotiate on the price!

January 28, 2014

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate Brian for purchasing a pre-owned Acadia from my family's dealership and thank him for his business. I have tried on several occasions to get in touch with Brian by phone but have not heard back from him yet regarding his concerns left in his Cars.com review of our dealership. McEleney's is not a one-price dealership and we do negotiate with customers every day. We do, however, price our cars at or below the market value right up front in order to save our customers time and money. We feel this initial discount is the best way to sell more cars and to have happier customers at the same time. I believe this review was a case of mis-communication between my Internet manager, Matt, and my sales consultant, John, and Brian. I truly appreciate that Brian made a long trip in bad weather to visit us and purchase his new Acadia. I do feel that Brian got an excellent deal and it appears he felt the same as he commented to our staff that our "2011 Acadia was priced less than many 2010 Acadia with similar miles and equipment." At the end of the day the buck stops with me as an owner of the company. I take responsibility and I apologize personally and on behalf of my company for any confusion / mis-communication that was made prior to Brian's visit. For that I would like to offer him a gift card to our dealership and to have a chance to speak more about this issue with him when he is next available. Drew McEleney General Sales Manager McEleney Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Toyota

Very pleasant car buying experience.

by from Peoria, IL |

Most of my car shopping experience with them was via the internet. They were very efficient in responses. They only called when absolutely needed. Once I got to the dealership for the paperwork, everything was very efficient. The whole process of completing paperwork and demonstrating the vehicle to me took approximately 1 hour. They by far provided the best car buying experience for me. To top it off, they provided the best price. The 2 hour drive to Clinton was well worth it and I would definitely do business with them in the future.

DISGUSTED WITH TREATMENT OF MY DAUGHTER

by from remote area |

My 19 year old daughter totaled her car in an accident on a sunny Friday afternoon while she was going to run some errands. She also had my younger child in the car with her. The accident was caused by someone else that was taking up both sides of the road and my daughter swerved to miss hitting them. That being said, she needed a new car and went to McEleneys to look at one she had seen on the internet. After she explained her situation to the salesman, he kept asking her if alcohol was involved in her accident. She said he wouldnt stop asking her questions like that until she just left, never seeing the car she came to look at. She was embarrassed and belittled! We have purchased vehicles from McEleneys in the past and have not had any problems, but this caused me to step back and really think whether I would purchase one from them now that we are looking for a vehicle for me and a vehicle for one of my children. Unfortunately she didnt remember the name of the salesman otherwise I would list it here. Even though alcohol had nothing to do with her accident, it was none of his business and had no bearing on her purchasing a vehicle.

October 24, 2013

On behalf of McEleneys, I wish to apologize that we did not provide a positive experience at our dealership. Providing outstanding customer service is a priority for us and when we fall short, I appreciate knowing about it so that we can improve. I am sorry that you and your family received service that prompted you to contact us with a complaint, and regret any inconvenience or frustration that this experience has caused you. We take pride in training our staff to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the high regard that we have for our customers. I would like nothing more than to get to the bottom of this unfortunate event to understand more clearly the chain of events and understand fully what transpired during your visit to our dealership. I will be dealing internally with this matter to review and adjust our policies and procedures accordingly? We will make sure to talk about this in our next meeting and address the disconnect and evaluate our process to insure this does not happen again. We regretfully missed an opportunity to earn your business, and for that we sincerely apologize. Please feel free to contact me directly at 563-244-1216. Thank you, Drew McEleney General Manager

The Best Christmas Present---EVER!!!

by from Clinton, IA |

Cathy Banowetz did such a fine job selling me my 2008 Corolla, I returned to McEleney's and she helped me with the purchase of my second Toyota Corolla. The new Corolla is just beautiful. Cathy did an outstanding job. She kept me in mind when this particular vehicle arrived at the dealership and called me right away. It was love at first sight! Cathy has a remarkable talent for matching the right car to the right person. Cathy took the time to listen, and brought together all the aspects of the car buying experience. I appreciate all she has done for me. The Toyota Care provided at McEleney's has been amazing! They work with my impossible schedule to make sure my car gets in for all scheduled service. The waiting area is new, bright and comfortable. The service team gets my Corolla in right away and the wait time is minimal and pleasant. I would never go anywhere else for service and I will be back to see Cathy for my next Toyota! The dealership experience has me referring everyone to McEleney's. Thank you Cathy Banowetz! Thank you McEleney's!