Frank Gentile Automotive

9503 Washington Ave, Racine, WI 53406

Bad managers

by from Racine wi |

went to gentile to get a hyundai accent,they did'nt have what I wanted on their lot.gentile said they could locate one,waited a week got the call saying it was in.went to dealership to purchase,when I looked at the car the first thing that stood out was the chip in the windshield,there was also a chip in the hood with rust.the front facia was chipped down to the primer,like it was driven behind a gravel truck,this was a new car locate.when I looked inside it stunk from smoke from the driver who brought it to gentile hyundai,there was also a sticky soda ring in the cup holder.when I noticed the mileage was at 1200 miles I wondered what was going on?I asked the sales person and was quickly confronted by the female sales manager,and brought into an office with her and gentiles finace manager.their explanation for the chips in the windshield and hood ,were from driving it to the dealership.I ask where it came from with so many miles,their reply was who cares, we got what you wanted.I then asked why the front facia was so chipped,the finance manager tried to explain that's how the car comes.WHAT!.I could'nt believe he told me that,that's when the female general manager made the comment,"let's see what he's really made of".the two of them offerd to take 2000 dollars off the price of the car,but I would have to fix the problem's.I just looked at them in disbelief! and said are you kidding!.I walked out and drove to Arrow hyundai got exactly what I wanted at a LOWER price and much better service.

DECEMBER 2013 GREAT PLACE TO BUY A CAR BEST DEALS

by from MILWAUKEE, WI |

DECEMBER 2013 GREAT PLACE TO BUY A CAR BEST DEALS. THANK YOU ALL AND THANKS DAVE FOR ALL THE HARD WORK YOU WENT THROUGH TO GET US THE VEHICLE WE NEEDED FOR OUR FAMILY. GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. I WILL TELL ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. FINALLY I FEEL LIKE I FOUND A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY.

Buying a Camry

by from Waukesha, WI |

We drove down to Gentile and sales associate drove us to lot where car was. We drove it and decided to buy it. There was a longer than expected wait to go through the paperwork, apparently the finance person didn't know we were waiting. They fixed some things that we had a concern with, and communicated with us the following week as issues were dealt with. We picked up the car a week later.

DONT TRUST THEM WITH ANY USED CAR

by from Beach Park IL |

Its unfortunate that all this dealership offered me was wasted time and money!! I was interested in a used vehicle, test drove it and worked out a reasonable price. So I asked to take the vehicle to an offsite mechanic after 30 mins of assuring me that everything was 100% good on the vehicle, they agreed to let me take it to a mechanic. After visit with the mechanic, I found out it had a bad tie rod and was leaking power steering fluid (Needed rack and pinion replaced at least a $900 expense), not to mention bad spark plugs and wires, old battery and a dry and cracked serpentine belt. When bringing the vehicle back to the dealership, they would not work with me to get this things fixed or knock down the price at all instead I was greeted with defensiveness and rudeness for finding out that they tried to sell a car with $1,400 dollars worth of problems!! They are definitely not worthy of your TRUST or MONEY when it comes to used cars and if you dont buy what they offer, they will get mad and try to break you down and make you feel like your money is nothing.

buying a car

by from Kenosha, WI |

After searching six other dealerships, it just became obvious that Frank Gentile was the best place to go. From the first hello to the end, it was a class act experience all the way.

WORST dealer in Wisconsin!!!!!

by from Racine, WI |

Terrible experience with this dealer-- I'm from the Chicagoland area and stopped in to see if I could get a quick road test done on my Úlantra... After watching the cashier and service manager play 'snap the towel' with each other for nearly 10 mins before she embarrasingly tells me 'oh I didn't see you there' proceded to tell me they were very busy and and there's no possible way they could look at my car or even offer to setup an appointment for later in the day. If this is the truth, fine- whatever-- but how about some common courtesy to your customers?! I'll be back there though-- as soon as my car needs major work ill happily reset the diagnostics and let them deal with trying to sell a 4 year old car that needs $10,000 worth of repairs-- I've never left a dealer so angry in my life!!!

Financing and Customer Service Nightmare

by from Racine, WI |

From the moment I stepped on the lot it was a nightmare. Nobody listed to me and when I asked questions I was just assured with a "yeah yeah." I purchased a vehicle with a Capital One auto finance check. I came and test drove cars and decided upon one, before I even fell it love with it I gave the financing manager the parameters of Capital One check and I was assured over and over again that everything will work. I even have the email correspondence. So I get my car for a week and fall it love with it and then get a call (after a week) that the check was overwritten by 2500 dollars. That indeed it was not my fault it was their financing manager, and if I didn't pay the 1300 dollars I would have to turn my car in. When I asked what other options I had they said you can pick a new car but it won't be as nice as the one you are driving. I was pushed into a decision to either hand over 750 dollars out of pocket at that moment or walk home (with my daughter in tow) because "their salesman got busy and didn't have time to pull cars for me to look at" seriously! I left in tears and don't even plan to use that facility to service my car. Yes I still have my car, but I had to pay 850 (because I put 100 to hold the car) out of pocket I wasn't expecting (since this purchase was an immediate need due to my other cars engine going capoot) and I had a horrible horrible experience no customer should ever face. Instead of standing up for the customer and eating the 1300 dollars I am sure they will make in an hour they forced me into a shady decision.

LIKE THE CAR - BAD BUSINESS GETTING LEASE

by from RACINE, WI |

I like the Honda CRV I got ,but the credit check was based on the person above me on the list [first name started with same letter]. They based my lease on that and when I realized it wasn't me, they still over charged me based on other dealerships in our area. I am still in disbelief that they did not apologize for checking the wrong person's credit!

Continued Excellent Service

by from Milwaukee, WI |

When me and my wife needed a new car, we went to Gentile to work with Dave Paulson and Lonnie to lease a Subaru. Over the years, my family has leased about 10 cars from Gentile. The service we've received from Dave and Lonnie has been second-to-none! They make the entire experience enjoyable and comforting because of their honest, non-pushy approach. Working with trustworthy salesmen makes all the difference.

My new Honda purchase without a pushy salesman

by from Burlington, WI |

Dave Paulson at Gentile Racine Honda was very friendly and effecient. He made it really easy and comfortable.