Ellsworth Ford Inc.

424 Industrial Road, Ellsworth, WI 54011

New 866-758-1787
Used 866-633-5461
Service 866-906-0845

Shopping new? If we don't have it, we will get it here for FREE... and still sell it at the cheapest price!

I bought a used truck.

by from Red Wing, mn |

My salesperson was Glory, she did a great job. She was very upbeat and fun to work with. I liked the relaxed atmosphere, and the fact they had what they advertised in the vehicle I wanted. The paperwork was in order and it was a very smooth transaction. I even forgot an item in my trade and they mailed it to me the next day. I will keep them in mind on my next purchase.

Mr McClellan

by from Hastings, MN |

I have sent Ellsworth several e-mails through Cars.com about a car they have been advertising. Do you think they have made contact with me at all ??? NO. If they don't have the car, pull it off the web site !!! Simple. Have they not responded back with me because it was a USED car and they won't make much money ?? And I thought they made the most money on used cars. CARS.COM remove them from their listings.

Very comfortable buying experiance

by from St. Paul, Mn |

I came to Ellsworth Ford because of specific vehicle I found via internet-- a late model regular cab F150 with 3K miles. I contacted Mike Lifto for more information regarding the vehicle and he promptly answered to all my questions and arranged for a test drive. I drove down from St. Paul expecting a typical car buying experience--wrong! I really enjoyed the pace of the purchasing experience was not rushed, hectic, and absolutely no pressure to make a purchase. I got the feeling they wanted me to take my time and be confident in my decision. Once I decided it was the truck for me they explained the all the finance options, extended warranties, and dealer benefits allowing me to make the decision without coercion. Wow! I would definitely recommend purchasing a vehicle from the nice staff at Ellsworth Ford. Scott Kies

Satisfied Customer

by from Spring Valley, WI |

I was looking for either a new or resonably priced used, older model Ford pick-up. I had done a lot of research, looked at a lot of trucks on-line and visited a lot of dealerships. Ellsworth Ford did the legwork to help me find a new truck that fit my criteria and made the buying process fairly simple. I felt the price I paid was a fair one and Mike and the staff at Ellsworth made what can be a painful process, relatively pain-free.

Great experience buying my first new car

by from Ellsworth, WI |

I went to the dealership looking at a new car. They were great they let me test drive multiple cars with no hassle. They also searched for other cars for me (colors/models). It was a great experiece for buying my first car at a dealership.

Ellsworth Ford Inc. responded to this review

December 14, 2012

Amber, great to here you enjoyed your experience here at Ellsworth Ford and thanks for the postive feedback! I hope your enjoying your new Ford Focus! If at any point I can provide additional service please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks, Mike Lifto!

Great service, clean facility

by from Plainview, MN |

Excellent service. Mike was very helpful

Great Quick Service

by from Sparta, WI |

From the time I hit 2 deer on Mon. am to Sat. am picking up my new to me 2006 Ford Expedition Mike and the staff at Ellsworth Ford were outstanding. From phone calls checking out the models available, to speeding the paper work on Sat. the best of a otherwise louse week.

Elllsworth Ford

by from Zumbrota, MN |

Efficient service, friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to do business with.

My Experience

by from Ellsworth, WI |

My experience with Ellsworth Ford, and Larry Anderson (President) was one of the worst experiences I've had in dealing with auto service. I had brought my Lincoln LS (with under 100,000 miles) in for a routine service: an oil change, diagnostics on the cruise control, and diagnostics on the shift solenoid (would sometimes not shift from 3rd to 4th gear). These were, or so I thought, fairly safe and simple tasks. I drove my vehicle in to Ellsworth Ford and dropped them off the keys. I returned an hour later, and was informed that they were still working on the vehicle. As I sat in the lobby waiting area, I could hear what sounded like a very rough running tractor turning over and not starting. When I asked what the loud noise was, the attendant informed me that it was my vehicle and it wasn't starting. I immediately told them to stop whatever they were doing, and before they did anything further they were to ask my permission. Shortly thereafter, the manager on duty (Larry Anderson) came out and asked me what my problem was. I informed him that when I wanted to know exactly what happened to my vehicle, why it's no longer running, and what was going on. He then informed me that they were trying to diagnose the problem as to why it wasn't running. He did not understand the fact that I had not brought it in for engine issues, and that I had driven it in with absolutely no engine or mechanical issues. Larry then informed me that I had two options, I could either: Pay them to diagnose/repair the engine Have them push it out of the shop and have it towed away at my expense I then informed him that neither of those options worked for me, and that I expected him to work with me to resolve this issue. His response included calling me stupid, and kicking me out of his dealership. I then phoned the police, and informed them of the incident. They came, and spoke to Larry (who had my vehicle in his shop still) and ended up pushing the vehicle out of the shop. No citations were given due to the civil nature of the complaint. I then had to pay a flatbed towtruck to come and tow my vehicle to a local mechanic in Ellsworth. A few days later, I was given the diagnosis that the engine was no longer good. I then had to pay for another tow back to my house (30 miles 1 way). The car has sat in my garage (not running) since. I drove my vehicle in to have a diagnosis on several minor, non-mechanical issues and end up with a ruined engine. It's very shocking to me how I can go from having a Lincoln LS with under 100k miles, that was running perfectly, and had been taken great care of, to having the engine ruined while in their care, and later have it pushed out of their shop at my expense like a piece of trash. Larry Anderson and Ellsworth Ford had made little to no effort in making this right for us. They refused to fix, pay for, or partially pay for the cost to repair the engine. Larry has been anything but helpful, respectful, or professional. My experience at Ellsworth Ford was something that I hope nobody else goes through. I would HIGHLY WARN anyone who decides to either have their vehicle serviced at Ellsworth Ford, or buy a vehicle from Ellsworth Ford simply because of how Larry Anderson had treated me, a valuable customer. My faith in Ford Dealers is not lost, however. I actually purchased another Lincoln from the Eau Claire, WI Ford Dealership and had an absolute wonderful experience. When I had informed them of my Ellsworth Ford/Larry Anderson experience, they were appalled. I would highly recommend anyone to be VERY cautious of Ellsworth Ford, go somewhere else that is BBB accredited, has positive reviews, and values their customers. Ellsworth Ford and Larry Anderson certainly do not. Good luck.

Ellsworth Ford Inc. responded to this review

June 28, 2012

We at Ellsweorth Ford apolagize for any miscomunications w/the customer. We attempted to resolve all issues w/ "Summer" to the best of our abilities and openly welcome the customer back to the dealership for any future needs. We understand that every customer cannot be completely satisfied, 100% of the time, although that is our goal whenever a customer walks through our doors here at our dealership.

Glory was fantastic!

by from Stillwater, MN |

Glory was my salesperson and listened to what I wanted, she had me try some different cars so I could be sure of what I wanted. Answered all my questions honestly and was friendly. Definitely not a "typical" used car salesperson. When I closed the deal, everything went smoothly and I left the dealership knowing I will return the next time I need a car.

Excellent salesperson

by from St. Paul, Mn |

Ellsworth Ford knocked it right out of the ballpark! Mike was our salesperson and he was knowledgeable and knew his used inventory very well and actually listened to our needs in order to find the perfect car for my wife and I. I would highly recommend Mike and Ellsworth Ford. We would drive down to there from the Cities again and even recommend our friends and family to buy there!