Chilson Wilcox Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM

660 Addison Rd., Painted Post, NY 14870

New 888-218-0628
Used 888-882-6865
Service 877-400-2046

"We're selling cars a different way - the right way"

Other Dealers Should Use This As Their Model

by from Seneca Falls |

We were in the middle of a quest for a Kia Sorento EX and had frustrating experiences with dealers in our area. They all seemed to pull from the same book, "How to Be Pushy and Alienate Customers" because we felt more like a target than a customer. When my wife found the vehicle we wanted in Chilson-Wilcox's inventory, we made a quick call even though it'd be a 90-minute drive to get there. SO glad we did. From the very start, Charlie was super professional, eager to help, and absolutely totally upfront with everything. There was no pressure and he talked freely about the price and vehicle without baiting us with a, "come on in and we'll discuss it" ploy. Even with our unique financing situation, considering we're a 100% online and cash-pay couple with no debt, but also no "credit" built up, he said he'd do his best. And that he did...calling us back just a few short hours later with good news. Honestly, it was the smoothest transaction we've ever made when purchasing a vehicle. No games, no hassles, no combative haggling...just...a purchase. On our terms and at our pace. Other dealers just don't get it. The showroom is inviting, the staff is friendly, just the entire vibe is welcoming. Considering the sheer number of bad reviews car dealerships tend to get out there, it says a lot when someone is motivated and eager to share a *good* experience. Thank you, Charlie for all the help and for not pre-judging our unique situation. You went above and beyond, and that's extremely rare in this industry.

Chilson Wilcox Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM responded to this review

May 9, 2014

Thank you for the great feedback! Our jingle "we sell cars a different way, the RIGHT way" isn't just a catchy jingle for our radio and TV commercials, it's our way of life here! Thank you for the opportunity you gave me/us to "earn" your business and provide you with a quality vehicle at a great price, and to ad you to our family of satisfied customers. Not every situation is the same when it comes to customers and their wants and needs, so we take the time to understand how we may best help, then make it a pleasant, smooth and seamless transaction. Hopefully this will be the first of many times we can help you! Charlie Griswold, Used Car Manager

This dealership is not trustworthy

by from Middlebury Center, Pennsylvania |

Before signing any paperwork at this dealer, read everything and don't believe what the business manager tells you. I purchased a new 2011 Dodge Journey at this dealer and was lied to by the business nanager regarding any extended warranty, After purchasing 2 new cars and 1 used car from this dealer, I will never go back. There are honest dealers in the same area.

Ask for Charlie!!

by from LeRoy, NY |

I traveled a long ways to make this deal, I had no idea what to expect. But I can tell you I was MORE than pleased with the experience. Charlie was top knotch, they do it the right way. Price is what it is and theres no hassle. I actually brought a family member that works for a local dealership, just to be sure I wasnt getting taken. When all was said and done he SHOOK Charlies hands and told himhe admired how he/they did business. I think that says it all. ThaNKS AGAIN Tom

Purchased used dodge caravan

by from batavia, ny |

We recently purchased a used dodge grand caravan. Tom Walsh was our salesman and was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. The purchase went very smoothly and the price was very good. They do not negotiate on the van prices and I knew that going in. I like the fact that the sticker price is the price you pay. I really dislike haggling with car dealerships. I had a minor problem with the van following purchase and the dealership was very quick to rectify it.

Avoid this dealership at all costs

by from Corning, NY |

The staff at Chilson Wilcox are a perfect representation of a nightmare car dealership. This dealership has no interest in customer service, helping their clientele, or a positive buying experience. They are only interested in money, and their customer service has suffered as a result. Do yourself a favor and purchase a car elsewhere. You will be treated better anywhere else.

Chilson Wilcox Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM responded to this review

March 21, 2014

My name is Charlie Griswold, Used Car Manager and Intenet Manager at Chilson Wilcox Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. At Chilson Wilcox we are committed to a professional, friendly, no pressure, atmosphere and sales process. Our sales staff are Chrysler Certified Sales Professionals with extensive training on product knowledge, and are always eager to help accommodate customers wants, needs, questions, and help make the sales process a smooth and enjoyable one. We are a "one price selling dealer" that is so proud of our great prices that we have every car on the lot priced on the windshield, and every car listed online with the BEST price. We do this so that our customers will know exactly what they are paying, what they are getting for their trade in, what their payments will be, and most importantly to assure complete transparency throughout the process, which in today's world of "smoke and mirrors" tactics used by some dealers, can give our customers peace of mind knowing they've made the right choice in selecting Chilson Wilcox as their dealer of choice. Our sales and service departments have the best reputations of most in the area, and are dedicated to taking care of our customers needs. Our jingle for our advertising and commercials is "we sell cars a different way, the RIGHT way!" This is not just a catchy jingle for our commercials, at Chilson Wilcox it is our way of life. I'm sorry "DidntBuy" had a less than desireable experience, and invite them to call me directly at 607-962-2434 or email me at cgriswold@chilsonwilcox.com to discuss what went wrong and/or how I can help fix it. We have been in business over 40 years, and most of our customers are previous customers who continue to do business with us or are referrals from our huge customer base BECAUSE of the way we conduct our business. Looking forward to speaking with DidntBuy to show them how we sell cars a differnet way, the right way! Sincerely, Charlie Griswold

Great Place to Buy a Car

by from Fillmore, NY |

I've bought two cars, one used Neon and a new Dodge Dart at Chilson Wilcox. The sales and service were fantastic. My car salesman Ron East was excellent!! The Dart was fully loaded and when I wasn't sure how to use all of the accessories Ron went out of his way to walk me through everything...twice. I was able to buy and pick up the Dart the same day that I test drove it. I live 80 miles away and wouldn't even think about buying a car anywhere else! I recommended Chilson Wilcox to my parents and both my mom and dad purchased Dodge Avengers and have been nothing but happy as well.

Great Place to Buy a Vehicle

by from Auburn, NY |

I found the used vehicle I was looking for online. I sent an email to Chilson Wilcox asking for further information about the vehicle. Charlie responded with the information requested and finally a test drive was scheduled. Charlie was not available so he handed me off to Joe. I was met with a handshake and smile, as they were waiting for me. THe vehicle was presented for a test drive. Everything about the vehicle was true to my expectation and as explained. After the test drive I bought the vehicle. No tricks, No hidden fee's, No hassel. Just straight forward, upfront and honest people. Unfortunately I live some distance and will not be able to have them service my new (used) vehicle. I would hope it to be first rate service as well. I will tell everyone I know who lives in the area to see them for their next vehicle.

Great Price, Great People.

by from Auburn, NY |

I found the used vehicle I was looking for on line. I emailed Chilson WIlcox for further information about the vehicle and hours of operation. Charlie was very professional. No pressure, just friendly and forthcoming with the information I requested. After several emails, I called and spoke with Charlie. He was unavailable and handed me over to John. I was greated with a smile and a handshake as they were expecting me. The vehicle was presented for a test drive. Everything was as it was explained to me. I was pleased with the condition of the vehicle and bought it that day. No hassle, No pressure, just honest upfront people. John walked me through the transaction. Now I am the happy owner of my new (used) vehicle. I live some distance from the dealer and will not be able to grade their service department.

great place to buy, new or used!

by from conklin ny |

chilson wilcox in painted post ny is where my husband bought a used dodge ram and the day we picked it up mydaughter bought a used hyandai. our salesman ron east was absolutely great. no pressure from him to make a sale, answered all our questions. he walked us through all the steps in purchasing these vehicles. he is very profesional and we became friends fast. i have already told friends to go see him if they are thinking of buying new or used. i already told ron i would be back to check out something for myself.