Stephenson's Used Cars

Used 888-406-2147

Used Toyota 4x4 Headquarters

Find your gem here!

by from Westminster, CO |

I responded to a Craigslist add for a black 2002 4runner. It's hard to find a well kept 12 year old truck, but there are many quality vehicles on his lot. Rick was out of town that day but we arranged to meet the following day. He was very courteous on our first phone call and in person, and was never pushy in any way. He has many 4x4 vehicles, particularly Toyotas. It's clear he takes pride in the gems he has found and was very up front about the truck I was looking at - although I must say it was in amazing condition so there was very little to be up front about. He was fair with the pricing but is a smaller dealership and does not appear to take trade ins, but I wouldn't have expected him to. If you are looking for an off road vehicle, I recommend you start here. Thanks Rick!

April 24, 2014

Jamie: I am so happy you were pleased with your buying experience and your purchase, it was easy working with you and enjoyed meeting you and your family. Your 4Runner Sport should provide you with years of driving pleasure. Since we are a smaller dealership I try to provide as much information about my cars and their histories as possible to all my customers and make the buying experince as pleasant as possible without any run around. Thank you for the kind review.

Good experience, great to buy from!

by from Arvada, CO |

My husband and I came to Rick Stephenson's after finding a Nissan pick up truck listing on line that we wanted to check out. To our surprise another truck, a Toyota Tundra caught our eyes as soon as we came on the lot. It was clean, in good condition, a local trade in and very well priced. We test drove both and then our decision was clear, we were going with the Tundra. Rick was very patient with us through out the whole process and very hospitable. He tells you everything up front and is very kind and honest. I would recommend anyone in the market for a used car go and check out what he has. This is a great mom and pop dealership.

December 1, 2013

Thank you for the kind words, I want to make sure customers have a pleasant buying experience and try my best to point out the pluses and minuses of each vehicle; matching the customers personal needs to the vehicle they are selecting.

Easy to work with

by from Tulsa, OK |

Rick purchased my vehicle. It was an easy experience, and fast payment.He set up shipping and the shipper he chose was excellent and very polite.

December 1, 2013

I hand select vechile's from all over the country looking for the right combination of over all condition, miles, price, and accident history, for my customers. My 18 years of experience as a dealer ensures that everyone gets paid in a timely manner and transactions go smoothly especially if a bank or lien holder is involved.

Interesting way to run a dealership

by from Denver |

I was contacted and the gent said he'd love to show the car but he wasn't interested in a trade in. Wouldn't it have been useful for him to even look at my trade...( 2004 Audi TT s-line convertible 3.2 with low miles and immaculate) I most certainly won't be buying from this dealer with that type of response. Interesting way to run a dealership?

February 14, 2013

So sorry i did not want to swap a Toyota 4Runner for an Audi convertible in January, it just was not my cup of tea. I tried to be honest with you and not waste your time or mine. I should be given a 5 star review, not your 1 star review for my honesty. Most dealers would have had you drive across town then offer you $4000. to $5000 back of wholesale book trade in value for the Audi. I am a small dealer specializing in Toyota 4x4's taking in a few trades, mostly inexpensive vechiles that I wholesale at auction. I was honest and polite with you and suggested you sell the car privately since I could tell you were a "proud owner." I never want to swap a hard to acquire 4runner for a convertible in January.

Stephenson Used Cars

by from Aurora CO |

I recently bought a used car from Rick at Stephenson's Used Cars. I am very pleased with the purchase and with the dealer. I purchased a used Tundra that was a 1 owner vehicle and very clean. Rick had all the service records for me to look at including a car fax. I made several trips to look the truck over and Rick was always available to answers my questions. In fact he called the previous owner to find out how to use one of the after market features for me. The buying process was very easy, only would have been made easier if Rick was dealer direct with CU. Rick was very patient and straightforward throughout the process. He even put the car on hold for me while I got the financing taken care of. I would recommend Stephenson's used cars to anyone who is considering purchasing a vehicle.

Very nice real "Mom and Pop" dealer

by from Colorado Springs |

Nice people, clean straight up deal, straight forward, no pressure, no bullstuff, Carfax history, they even delivered it to me 65 miles away for gas money.

The Best Dealer I Have EVER Used in 30 Years! AAA

by from Boise, Idaho |

Rick, the owner of Stephenson's Used Cars, was the absolute most professional, helpful, easy to work with dealer I have ever used. Being from out of state I have been looking for a used 2002-2004 Toyota Tacoma locally in the Boise, Idaho, area for over 6 months to no avail. I found Rick's one owner 2002 Tacoma with only 50,800 miles on line on via cars.com. I called and reached Rick and he answered all of my questions. He was helpful during the next 2 business days when I closed on my loan. The truck arrived even better than I had expected. Rick followed up with me through out the transaction and even after it arrived. He is very honest, and services his clients with sincerity. I highly recommend Rick to anyone. If I ever need another used car, and I will, I will be sure to check with Rick before buying local. Thanks Rick! Greg Boss, Boise, Idaho

December 7, 2012

I am so glad you are happy with your new truck that one was a rare gem. When I have an out of town buyer I go overboard in trying to describe the car honestly pointing out any flaws or taking pictures of everything the customer might want to see telling them everything I know about the car. It is not worth it to make a sale and have an unhappy customer. These days more and more of my sales involve out of town customers. Gregg was a pleasure to work with responding promptly to any e mails or phone calls and we also helped him with paper work so he could finance the vechile with his local credit union.

Bad Initial Experience

by from Colorado springs |

I called today to inquire about a vehicle. I asked why the book price was 2K less than the price that the vehicle was offered. Rick, the owner answered the phone. I was glad he did because I was sincere in my inquiry. Perhaps I did not know about the equipment or packages on the truck??? He told me that I was mistaken and continued to book it according to his nada book subscription. I listened as he presented the price. I said wow. I wonder why the online price was so different. He asked what it was and I told him. He suggested that I forgot to include equipment. He then checked it himself and came back with the price that I got. He continued insisting that I was mistaken. He then realized that he confirmed what I was saying and got very abrupt, stern, and rude. He said he would never sell the vehicle at the nada book price. He said consumers forget it is just a guide and that is it. I could see that he was going to be unreasonable so I terminated the call. I read other reviews about his attitude and lack of customer service skills. I wanted to try anyway because the vehicle he was selling was exactly what i wanted. This was a mistake. Hope this helps someone avoid a bad situation.

July 28, 2012

Customer called and wanted to know why my price of $13500 for a 2003 Toyota Tundra SR5 4x4 was so far off his KBB price of $11500. I had a NADA book handy and replied it is $12800 plus the add for the fiberglass topper, he did not like the figure and called it the "old book". NADA is the book I have used for 17 years as a dealer and the banks and credit unions use in this and most areas. I then went to cars.com looked up my truck and proceeded to use their KBB figures. I had just returned from vacation was still a little groggy and was having trouble finding the values I came up with $11038. with all the options, but that was for a non SR5 2x4 Tundra, I said a 4x4 is way more than a $500 addition and went on to explain that most people do not add for all the options on a vechile in their quest for a low KBB price, in any case I could not sell my truck for $11500. I did not say I would not sell for NADA or KBB or give him any selling price. I do not like to waste my time or the customers time and give short honest anwsers. I am not going to take $2000. off a low mile high demand vechile. After the conversation I found my mistake, I was not using a SR5 4x4 and the truck booked for $12517 on kbb. The books are only a guide and do not take in consideration new tires $700, timing belt water pump service $700, and overall condition mine was garaged no accidents new tires etc. 4runners Tacomas and Tundras are in very high demand and I pay way over book especially for the low mile beauties. I have been a dealer for 17 years and sold over 2000 vechiles and never had a complaint much less a judgement against me by the motor vechile dealer board.

Professional and Knowledgeable

by from colorado |

I purchased a used pickup from Stephenson's. Throughout the process, the owner (Rick Stephenson) was professional, knowledgeable, and courteous. There was no high pressure to buy and no nonsense. He was straightforward in telling us what he knew about the vehicle and (equally important) what he didn't.

June 9, 2012

I am glad you had a enjoyable buying experience i have owned a dealership for 17 years and do not like to play games or tell untruths. It is much easier to just be honest and this is the way I was raised and like to be treated.

4 runner fan

by from Arvada, Co |

Stephenson's is definately not the usual used car dealer. Very nice to deal with, not a bunch of power sell pressure talk. Just the facts he knows. If he don't know, he says so. Found a very clean unit with great history from show room to present right here @ Stephenson's. The price was A bit more than book but the vehicle condition was well above book as well. Great place to do business. Thanks Rick & Deb for a nice truck!