Mike's Import A/S of Hooksett

Mike's Import A/S of Hooksett

196 Londonderry Turnpike, Hooksett, NH 03106

Used 888-850-1244

Above board customer service, very happy with car

by from Claremont, NH |

Recently purchased 04 Saab convertible - was worth the hour+ drive. Stopped by once to check it out on the lot, another time to meet Mike, test drive the car and make the purchase. Mike was above board and not pushy. Car was ready for pickup when I came back the next day. Called following day about a concern which Mike answered quickly and without hassle. Guys in the shop were helpful and friendly as well. I would deal with him again and wouldn't hesitate to refer friends to him.

Don't waste your time!

by from pembroke, nh |

I stopped in to Mike's about 6 years ago to check out a Maxima. I am very particular about getting the best car I can for my money. I was asking him questions about the car on the lot, and he decided it wasn't for me, so he took me out in the shop to see one that was being repaired on the lift! When I balked at it, He said "if your just kicking tires, I don't have time for you"!! Since then, I have bought 5 cars (I trade often). Had I been treated appropriately, at least some of those would have been from him!

Would Highly Recommend

by from Portland, Maine |

We were shopping for a first car for our daughter and hadn't found anything at the right price in the Portland, ME area where we live. Found Mike's online and drive 90 minutes over on a Sunday to look at three cars in our price range. The shop is technically closed on Sunday, but Mike agreed to meet us. We did a couple test drives, got a great price on an 8 year old Saab for less than our budget and drive it home that night. The money we saved paid for the ME sales and excise taxes and some extra cosmetic work we want to have done on the car. The process was so much more pleasant than at the dealerships around Portland, where we found the staff to be lacking in knowledge and applying timeworn car sales tactics like disappearing to talk to the manager etc. It was well worth the drive to the Manchester area as the Saab we got was in much better condition and priced lower than similar vehicles in Maine and II am confident Mike will stand behind the car if anything goes wrong shortly after we buy it.

Buyer Beware - Ask ALL the questions BEFORE you go

by from Mid-Coast Maine |

For starters, I did not give this dealer a lower rating because Mike Hobbs and his technician Dan are very friendly, courteous fellows. Sadly, the good experience ends there. I talked with owner Mike on the phone regarding a 9-5 SAAB that he has up for sale on his lot. I have driven SAABs for over 30 years, and I know their strengths and weaknesses. I asked Mike if there was any rust in front of the rear wheel wells or on the rear hatch. Mike said no, there was not. My wife and I drove 200 miles to Mike's lot to check out the car, based on the description and photos of the car on line, and based on our brief conversation about the car. A quick inspection of the car revealed that the car had been hit in the right rear quarter, right rear passenger's door, AND inspection of the rear hatch revealed rust along (at least) the bottom edge. The entire car had been re-painted. The car was generally in poor condition - engine caps/covers missing, dirty interior, tires and brakes nearly worn out, rear muffler rotting and ready to fall off one mount - on top of the body issues (but, boy was it SHINY!). So, my 400 mile lesson was: Ask ALL the questions before you go (you may or may not get an honest answer): Has there been any collision damage or body work? Has the car been re-painted? Learn from my mistake, and check before you drive to ANY dealer. DO NOT trust photos on the internet! Used cars should not be perfect - but a buyer should expect basic integrity.

Mike Sells Quality Cars! No Hassle - No Hustle!

by from Epping, NH |

I visited almost a dozen dealers & private sellers, looking for a specific car, and was getting disgusted with the same "game" over and over. When I had just about given up, I happened across the car I was looking for at Mike's Import Auto Sales on cars.com. I took a ride over there and right from the get-go Mike was welcoming. He wasn't pushy and he made good eye contact. He introduced me to his mechanic, Dan, who is a personable young man that keeps a tidy garage and seems extremely knowledgeable about European makes. There was no "hustle" here - just pure integrity. The car I was interested in had a few problems that Mike didn't know about until after we had agreed on the price. But he's a stand-up guy. He took the care of the issues, which I'm sure took a good chunk out of his profit. At no point in time did I sense that Mike or Dan were being dishonest with me. Never once did I feel I was getting "taken" or suffer from "buyers regret". No one has a crystal ball - especially when buying a used vehicle, but these guys definitely up your odds of having a trouble-free ride. Mike has an eye for buying quality used vehicles, Dan knows how to bring them up to par and that's why you won't find crap vehicles on his lot. I will be back for another, but not for a while - my new (used) Volvo should be good for another 200k miles. I highly recommend Mike's Import Auto Sales of Hooksett. Honest Dealer - No Hassle - No Hustle! That's how people stay in business for 20+ years!

Mike is terrific!

by from Georgetown, MA |

Miike provided me with exactly what I was looking for. Great car. Great deal. I am a happy camper even though I had to schlepp back from the the RMV in Mass to pick it up. Mike is honest and a real straight shooter.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!!

by from Center Ossipee, NH |

This dealership by far has THE rudest employees I have EVER experienced; and I was dealing with the owner! You absolutely do not want to spend your hard-earned money here and deal with the disrespect they will offer you instead of customer service. They are in the business to make money, your money, period and they will fail your expectations on even basic customer service skills you would expect...and should!

A title, GREAT, pretty much sums it up!

by from Derry, Nh |

Really nice environment, really friendly, understood my time and need. helped me on my way! I will definitely pass on his establishment to friends and family! Just wanna say THANK YOU MIKE!

A Must Stop Shop

by from New England |

If you're shopping for a used car and this shop is in range I highly recommend you pull in. The proprietor will not stress you out, push you into something you don't want nor will he "do anything to move a car". He has good cars and is about as above board as one could possibly hope in this field. His prices are fair across the board and he seems to value a satisfied customer much more than simply selling cars. Keep it real and this shop will definitely be on your side.

Excellent Buying Experience

by from Amesbury, MA |

I have been driving my Volvo for a month now and simply love it. The car is clean and well maintained and was reasonably priced. I was impressed by Mike's professionalism paired with a low pressure environment. Mike was there when I looked at the car going above and beyond in helping me viewing it and helping me make a decision without applying pressure. He answered all my questions in a matter of fact approach providing me with the information I was looking for as opposed to using them to start a sales pitch. I was trully impressed by Mike and can only highly recommend his business. If you are looking for a professional dealership with exceptional customer service, please give Mike a call. I know I will when it comes to replacing me car.