Mike's Import A/S of Hooksett

196 Londonderry Turnpike, Hooksett, NH 03106

Used 888-850-1244 Used888-850-1244

Our goal was and remains to offer quality, well serviced imports at affordable prices.

It doesn't get better than this.

by from Manchester New Hampshire |

There's a common mistake that takes place in the "buying used cars" world. People believe that once they buy a used car, that's it. End. Over. This isn't true. The most important thing about buying a car from a "used car salesman" is how they do AFTER the purchase. Look at it this way, you're buying a car that's got some miles on it. It has some wear, it has some signs of previous ownership, and every used car you buy can come with risks. This is why the person you're buying it from has to be a GOOD person. A person with integrity, a person who will do the right thing by you regardless. Many, and I mean MANY, used car salesman will sell you a car, and say "Cya later." This is why my experience with Mike has been excellent. I purchased a BMW 325i 2001 with 113K miles on it. It was a great deal, the car was in GREAT shape, and after the purchase he took care of me. If I needed something, he took care of it. End of story. The buying process was simple, he's very straight forward, very honest about what you're buying, there's no tricks, there's no gimmicks. Hassle-free buying experience, and I'd buy from him again. If you're looking for a place that isn't going to scam you into a lemon, and if you're looking to give some business to someone who deserves it, this is the place. I promise you, you won't be disappointed in the slightest.

Honest Mike.

by from Bow,NH |

I have bought two cars from Mike. He is truth full and honest about his cars.

Very honest, Great buying experience

by from Spencerport, New York |

I drove over 400 miles to pick up a Jeep Wrangler which I purchased sight unseen over the phone . I found the ad for this vehicle on thier website and contacted Mike directly. He was very honest regarding the condition and sent many additional pictures of specific areas of my concern. We made the deal over the phone and I forwarded the payment to him immediately. There is always concern when dealing off the internet with people you don't know, but I could sense Mike's honesty during my conversations with him. When we drove out to pick-up the Wrangler he had all of the paperwork ready including the temporary transporter license so I could drive it back to NY. Much to my complete satisfaction the vehicle was exactly as he described over the phone. I would highly recommend Mike and his dealership! - A very satisfied customer!

Straight up, honest and good to deal with

by from Bethesda MD |

I bought a 99 BMW Z3 and came 500 miles to do so. Looked at pictures online talked with Mike and asked him to take a few pictures of different parts of the vehicle and email them to me. Mike did so and also told me of the scratches and a dent on the vehicle and considering the price and mileage I found the condition, which was generally very good, to be acceptable. Mike picked me up from the airport and on the way to his lot stopped for a cup of coffee and he treated. Simple lot with used cars and a garage where they can perform repairs. Looked over the car and he pointed out the issues we previously discussed and the car was as represented. No hidden issues. He even offered to put it up on the lift to take a closer look at the under carriage. I was able to see what I needed from the pictures he previously sent and from looking underneath with a flashlight (not much room but enough) so didn't need to put it on a lift. We took it for a drive and I noted that one of the front tires needed balancing and when we got back to the lot Mike took care of both front tires in about ten minutes. I bought the car and drove it home and realized its a great fun little car for quick trips but not a highway cruiser, my fault not Mikes. Even so I love the car. Mike was honest and upfront on all the issues he was aware of. I did my research before buying and knew I was getting a really good deal and I knew what issues to look for and what questions to ask. As a used car buyer you have to research the car more carefully than with a new car as typically there are no warranties with a used car. Mike did offer an option to purchase an extended warranty plan but also stated he wouldn't buy one and I didn't. Not buying an extended warranty means I assume the risk for any repairs and with a used car with miles you have to understand that mechanical parts wear out and what worked today can breakdown tomorrow. That is the definition of a used car. A used car dealer makes money by buying and selling cars and hopefully at a profit and as quickly as possible. The lower the price the quicker they are off the lot. A used car dealer will investigate the car and try to buy the best quality vehicle they can for resale as that minimizes time on the lot (time = real money) and problems for buyers. However because they have the vehicles for a relatively short amount of time and are not driving them as daily drivers they do not become aware of any hidden issues. That is where a buyer needs to do research and communicate their questions and concerns so Mike or any dealer can look at the vehicle for the specific issue. They don't want to waste your time (and theirs) as time again is money. They don't want bad cars either as that just leads to a bad reputation and problems for buyers and them. If Mike had another vehicle I was looking for in the future I would strongly consider visiting New Hampshire again to buy from Mike. He is honest and upfront and that is the most important characteristic in any relationship, business or otherwise.

Above board customer service, very happy with car

by from Claremont, NH |

Recently purchased 04 Saab convertible - was worth the hour+ drive. Stopped by once to check it out on the lot, another time to meet Mike, test drive the car and make the purchase. Mike was above board and not pushy. Car was ready for pickup when I came back the next day. Called following day about a concern which Mike answered quickly and without hassle. Guys in the shop were helpful and friendly as well. I would deal with him again and wouldn't hesitate to refer friends to him.

Don't waste your time!

by from pembroke, nh |

I stopped in to Mike's about 6 years ago to check out a Maxima. I am very particular about getting the best car I can for my money. I was asking him questions about the car on the lot, and he decided it wasn't for me, so he took me out in the shop to see one that was being repaired on the lift! When I balked at it, He said "if your just kicking tires, I don't have time for you"!! Since then, I have bought 5 cars (I trade often). Had I been treated appropriately, at least some of those would have been from him!

Would Highly Recommend

by from Portland, Maine |

We were shopping for a first car for our daughter and hadn't found anything at the right price in the Portland, ME area where we live. Found Mike's online and drive 90 minutes over on a Sunday to look at three cars in our price range. The shop is technically closed on Sunday, but Mike agreed to meet us. We did a couple test drives, got a great price on an 8 year old Saab for less than our budget and drive it home that night. The money we saved paid for the ME sales and excise taxes and some extra cosmetic work we want to have done on the car. The process was so much more pleasant than at the dealerships around Portland, where we found the staff to be lacking in knowledge and applying timeworn car sales tactics like disappearing to talk to the manager etc. It was well worth the drive to the Manchester area as the Saab we got was in much better condition and priced lower than similar vehicles in Maine and II am confident Mike will stand behind the car if anything goes wrong shortly after we buy it.

Buyer Beware - Ask ALL the questions BEFORE you go

by from Mid-Coast Maine |

For starters, I did not give this dealer a lower rating because Mike Hobbs and his technician Dan are very friendly, courteous fellows. Sadly, the good experience ends there. I talked with owner Mike on the phone regarding a 9-5 SAAB that he has up for sale on his lot. I have driven SAABs for over 30 years, and I know their strengths and weaknesses. I asked Mike if there was any rust in front of the rear wheel wells or on the rear hatch. Mike said no, there was not. My wife and I drove 200 miles to Mike's lot to check out the car, based on the description and photos of the car on line, and based on our brief conversation about the car. A quick inspection of the car revealed that the car had been hit in the right rear quarter, right rear passenger's door, AND inspection of the rear hatch revealed rust along (at least) the bottom edge. The entire car had been re-painted. The car was generally in poor condition - engine caps/covers missing, dirty interior, tires and brakes nearly worn out, rear muffler rotting and ready to fall off one mount - on top of the body issues (but, boy was it SHINY!). So, my 400 mile lesson was: Ask ALL the questions before you go (you may or may not get an honest answer): Has there been any collision damage or body work? Has the car been re-painted? Learn from my mistake, and check before you drive to ANY dealer. DO NOT trust photos on the internet! Used cars should not be perfect - but a buyer should expect basic integrity.

Mike Sells Quality Cars! No Hassle - No Hustle!

by from Epping, NH |

I visited almost a dozen dealers & private sellers, looking for a specific car, and was getting disgusted with the same "game" over and over. When I had just about given up, I happened across the car I was looking for at Mike's Import Auto Sales on cars.com. I took a ride over there and right from the get-go Mike was welcoming. He wasn't pushy and he made good eye contact. He introduced me to his mechanic, Dan, who is a personable young man that keeps a tidy garage and seems extremely knowledgeable about European makes. There was no "hustle" here - just pure integrity. The car I was interested in had a few problems that Mike didn't know about until after we had agreed on the price. But he's a stand-up guy. He took the care of the issues, which I'm sure took a good chunk out of his profit. At no point in time did I sense that Mike or Dan were being dishonest with me. Never once did I feel I was getting "taken" or suffer from "buyers regret". No one has a crystal ball - especially when buying a used vehicle, but these guys definitely up your odds of having a trouble-free ride. Mike has an eye for buying quality used vehicles, Dan knows how to bring them up to par and that's why you won't find crap vehicles on his lot. I will be back for another, but not for a while - my new (used) Volvo should be good for another 200k miles. I highly recommend Mike's Import Auto Sales of Hooksett. Honest Dealer - No Hassle - No Hustle! That's how people stay in business for 20+ years!

Mike is terrific!

by from Georgetown, MA |

Miike provided me with exactly what I was looking for. Great car. Great deal. I am a happy camper even though I had to schlepp back from the the RMV in Mass to pick it up. Mike is honest and a real straight shooter.