Carter & Anderson Motorsports

Used 888-508-5370

"Louisville's Import Specialist"

Beware

by from Louisville |

I bought a vehicle from these people in 2009. I realize it's as is. But. I had not even driven it a week and a rear bearing needed repair. I noticed it on a test drive but they said it was TREAD noise. Cost me 700 to repair. The rear bumper was damaged too. They had it repaired by a Joe Bob body shop and the clips to bumper weren't even attached. Regarding the bearing noise. It stated the same thing on my paperwork from mannneheim auto auction that it sounded like bearing noise. They agreed to pay for a small part of the repair. BEWARE!!! I would not recommend these people.

Carter & Anderson Motorsports responded to this review

July 25, 2013

We offer all of our customers the opportunity to take any of our vehicles to their mechanic to have it inspected and checked out BEFORE purchase. We want our customers to know what they are buying .....we can't be anymore honest or fair than that! Why this customer waited 4 YEARS to share some displeasure in his car is beyond me. Yes we did sell this car at a discounted price. Yes we did sell it AS-IS because of the discounted price. ...And yes we agreed to help him out on the wheel bearing at that time which we didn't have to. But we did...we always want to build good customer relations. Our cost is $140.00 to $200.00 to replace a wheel bearing. He could have gotten it replace for that....but he got gouged by his mechanic who overcharged him to fix it. $700.00 for 1 wheel bearing repair is insane! I must say I'm still confused....He agreed to buy this car AS-IS. We even helped him out on the cost to repair.....Unfortunately you can not please everybody....no matter what. It seems many times that people who are really happy do not take the time to give a review....but you will always see people take time to voice their dissatisfaction. Really sorry this did not turn out the way the customer had expected. We strive to make every car purchase experience a fun and enjoyable experience. We have been selling Fine Motorcars to the kentuckiana Area and nationwide since 1985. Come see why people keep coming back time after time to Carter & Anderson Motorsports. Mike Carter

Do not dare asking too many questions

by from Virginia |

Typical internet low ball seller. Get rude as soon as you check up what they sell. Did my due diligence on one of their car (Porsche 928), asking questions and pictures, and commissioning an independent review. Everything started well but as soon as the review came back with a low average scoring, they suddenly noticed me of the unavailability of the car as I notified them of the poor score. What a coincidence! Don't even ask for a shipping quote, they can't get one. Far from a serious shop. Stay away.