Walters Auto Sales

28080 County Road 20, Elkhart, IN 46517

Used 888-764-3245

03 Chevrolet pickup

by from burr oak,mi |

I told the sale's people exactly what I needed and what I was going to use the truck for. They had me test drive a few truck's but I didn't like them. Then they had one brought over and I'm driving it today. Very respectful and prompt sale's staff. I am very pleased with my truck

Very questionable ethics

by from Berrien County, Michigan |

Drove over an hour after viewing Suburban's on their web site. They showed 12 Suburbans on their site. Was in contact via email. Arrived to find 1 Suburban. Sales guy said "We sell them so fast we can't keep up with our website". When I asked for his business card he said he didn't have one. I asked him who wrote to me via email suggesting I come and see their suburbans, he said he didn't know; turns out it was him. Stay away from this place. In checking my email, the sales guy who contacted me was Jason Nowlin. Beware of this place, and especially this sales rep.

Easiest Car Buying Experience

by from Elkhart, IN |

I visited Walter's simply browsing the lot for a new truck, I found and F-150 that was in great shape and had everything I was looking for. After test driving, filling out the paperwork, etc. I was driving off of the lot in my new truck within and hour or so. They had great financing options, too. Lower APR than my personal bank.

Great customer service & professionalism!

by from Goshen, IN |

The staff at Walter's Used Car & Truck SuperStore in Goshen were great to work with. I had been looking for a newer Suburban with low miles, leather, TV, etc. for months and could not find anything that I liked. Walter's was able to find exactly what I was looking for within a day or two and gave me great trade-in value for my previous SUV. They really go above & beyond to satisfy their customers!

Dishonnest, game playing dealership

by from Goshen, IN |

Found a vehicle I was interested in on their website. I called on a Saturday and asked about the availability and location of the vehicle. I asked the salesman if he would like the stock number and he said "No, just tell me what the vehicle is". He said the vehicle was at the Goshen lot. On Sunday i happened to be out and stopped by to look at the exterior of the vehicle. To my surprise the vehicle was nowhere to be found. I decided to travel to the Elkhart lot, which is a poor excuse for a dealership, but no vehicle to be found. On Monday I call and ask again, telling them i visited both lots. The Salesman says it still shows available and could have been in service when i came by. After work I decide to stop by there and speak face to face. I was approached by a salesman upon arrival and asked if he could help me. I told him the situation and his response was uhhhhhhhh, who did you talk to. I advised him the name and he said he does not know why I was told that because they do not currently have a vehicle matching the description. I asked why is it online then and he could give me no answer. Listen to these reviews. They are here for a reason.

Very Shady Salesmen, Don't Waste Your Time!

by from Goshen, IN |

My husband and I drove 60 miles from Fort Wayne to the Walters car lot in Goshen, IN to look at a 2004 Ford FX4 that was listed on their website. Before we left, we called Walters to make sure the truck was still for sale. The man we talked to ("Brian" was his name) told us that the truck was still there, and we could come test drive it. We made the trip to Goshen to look at the truck. When we got there, however, "Brian" was nowhere to be found, and the salesman that was there said he knew nothing about the truck we were talking about. He kept trying to convince us that WE were wrong, and the truck we were referring was really a 2003 FX4 that was on the lot. We told him, "Why don't you go online to your website? We can show you the truck we are talking about..." So we went into the salesman's office, got online, and showed him the correct truck. He said he wasn't familiar with it and apologized for the "mistake", and subsequently started urging us to "check out the other trucks on the lot." We were highly upset, as we made the hour-long trip to see that one particular truck. Do not trust the salesmen at Walters. They will tell you anything to get you to their lot, even lying about which vehicles they have in stock. I would bet that all the positive reviews about Walters came from people that live in or near Goshen, not from people browsing online. Their website is a lie, and so are they.

Easiest car buying experience!

by from elkhart |

Flawless process. Quick in and out. Great guys to deal with. I've had my vehicle a week and perfect!

Worst of the worst

by from 73 miles away |

Confirmed an appointment on a car that was sold at least the day before .. Drove 73 miles one way .. I would never go there again .. terrible

Stay away from Walters Auto Sales

by from Elkhart, IN |

I had an appointment to come in to see a specific car I had seen on their website. As soon as I came in, the assistant there was very friendly. Immediately he began to ask my personal information, and as soon as I realized he was trying to put together an application to pull credit I stopped him. I told him I am in the process of shopping at several locations for a new car and I do not want all of them pulling credit unless I settle on a car I want. He left to speak to a coworker and as soon as he came back, his whole demeanor changed. He became rude and useless. He prompted me to look around the lot for a car I liked. I asked if the specific car I had seen on the site was still available, and without even checking he said it was sold when I had just found out the previous day it was still there and it was early into the day. I asked him if he could at least give me a list of some cars that would fit into my budget so I don't waste my time looking at cars out of my price range. He waved his hands at me and said "Oh yeah, you'll find a ton for that price range." My experience with Walter's Auto Sales was terrible. I would not recommend this dealership to anyone and if I hear anyone is heading to this dealership I would warn them to stay clear of this lot. I could understand why they wanted to check my credit, but at least show me one car so that I know going was not a waste of time. They pulled a classic bait and switch and the assistant needs some customer service skills.

Pushy with poor service

by from Paw Paw, MI |

Received a call from this dealer asking me to call Larry. Was the caller not capable of helping me, or what? If not, why is he calling? After that I have been inundated with emails from this dealer almost every day. Do not like to be hounded, would rather find another deal from someone else. Not a dealer I would recommend to anyone.