CarMax Irving

(4.4) 5 Reviews

3100 Spur 482, Irving, TX 75062

Great shopping experience

by from Coppell, Texas |

Bob Rovnack provided a very positive experience for my Daughter Meredith and me. Buying her first car should be exciting and Bob made the buying process meet our expectations. We will do business with them again.

November 15, 2012

Hi Mark! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are so happy to hear that you and your daughter were able to have an awesome experience. Hope Meredith enjoys her new ride! ~kelsey

Rip-Off...

by from Mansfield, TX |

First of all, this dealership DOES NOT negotiate. At least that's what was relayed. They don't negotiate, and they over-price their cars, compared to other ones of the same year, make, model, and mileage. You can find cheaper ones, way cheaper ones, at other dealerships. So if you're okay with paying a price for a car that you can buy for much less at another dealership, be my guest. But I would definitely consider all options before stopping here.

September 18, 2012

Hi Coupe Girl. I am sorry that you were unhappy with your CarMax experience. We surveyed thousands of consumers and found out that negotiating was the worst part of car buying. We try to make the experience as easy and painless for you. One of the things about CarMax is that we give you our best price up-front. Many other dealers add hidden fees and taxes to the offered price once you're in the signing room. Thanks for your review. ~kelsey

Excellent Personnel

by from Irving, Texas |

I approached buying my Miata with usual fear and trepidation... price was a concern... I didn't want to part with my 2001, yet thought it was time. Lori was very patient and relaxed. At one point I decided not to buy and she, without argument, placed it back on inventory. Also, at other points I'd dealt with Mark and Luke, co-workers with Lori--all cooperated with each other in a very professional and friendly spirit. I had two issues under 30 day warrantee--I was given a loaner car and was called in 1/2 day that car was ready! Location is a problem, gps a necessity for someone new to Dallas. I can now find it after 8 or so visits, but laugh when I finally do get there each time. I'll probably return for service, as I have a warrantee contract, though it allows me to go elsewhere. I feel I have some real and honest friends there, a good experience.

November 22, 2011

Miataman, welcome to the CarMax family! We are so happy that you received the excellent service that we strive for. Thank you for your awesome review.

Questionable

by from Dallas, TX |

I went in with the intention of buying a car, I wanted to get a used but good car from the lot. I was trying to test drive some vehicles but the employee insisted we talk numbers first, that was a bit annoying but i could live with it. Over all the trip was ok and i learned a lot about financing.

November 10, 2011

Thank you for the review, Sports Car Enthusiast. We are happy you learned about financing, hope you return to CarMax soon.

Purchased Toyota Tacoma.

by from Waxahachie, TX |

There was no pressure to buy the truck. The dealership honored thier promise to touch up a nick on the used vehicle I purchased. Service was great. I was waiting in the waiting room, brought my lunch, but forgot my fork. A service employee got me a fork so that I could eat my lunch. Small courtesies like that mean a lot. My truck was freshly washed and vacuumed when I picked it up.

October 10, 2011

Truck Purchaser - Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are happy to hear our service department is providing excellent service and helping you enjoy your lunch!