CarMax Schaumburg

(4.3) 4 Reviews

250 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173

Awesome!

by from Schaumburg, IL |

I was denied everywhere else but they worked with me to get me approved. I ended up not buying a car at the time but it made me feel so much better about car shopping.

Schaumburg Carmax

by from bartlett, il |

Even tho I did not buy a car I like Carmax. The facilty was nice, the salesperson was very nice, and they were very helpful in showing me the car I was interested in and explaining it to me. I know other people who have bought cars there and they also like the carmax experience.

February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It is so nice to hear all those wonderful things even when you didn't buy a car. We hope to have you as a customer one day!

Car Max Schaumburg

by from Schaumburg, IL |

I was looking for a used car and found it at Carmax in KY. The sales rep made arrangements to transfer it in for a fee and booked it while I was visiting. I came back the next week and purchased the car. I believe i received the best price for what I was looking for, but I felt kind of cheated b/c I could not negotiate. That said, it was a not stressful at all. Thank you Carmax.

August 7, 2012

Thanks for your review of our transfer process! Our no haggle environment is definitely not for everyone, but I'm glad you believe you got the best price regardless! ~bridget

Recent Car Purchase

by from Hoffman Estates |

I was able to locate the exact car that i was looking for and submitted online request to Carmax to be contacted by email or phone. This car was at Virginia store and had to be transferred to Illinois. The follow up email stated that i will be contacted in 24 hours by someone form the dealership. Never happened. I walked at the closest store and talked to the salesperson who took my information and will help me finding more details about the car and transferring it to their store. He never called back even after i left a voicemail for him two days later. Luckily, the car was still available and walked in their store again and talked to a different salesperson who was very professional and courteous and everything worked just fine. So my opinion is that Carmax has great inventory and prices are ok( not low) but you don't expect smooth purchase process. Their staff is not very knowledgeable about different cars.

March 22, 2012

MB 320, we are sorry to hear about your experience at CarMax. We're glad you found the car you wanted in the end, but that you had so much trouble getting there. We should have called you back sooner. We are sharing your review with the store management team to help ensure this doesn't happen again. Thanks for the review.