CarMax West Sahara-Las Vegas

(2.0) 3 Reviews

6755 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89146

Beware when trading in a Vehicle

by from Las Vegas, NV |

I was very happy with my purchase as well as the entire process that CarMax provides. What I AM NOT HAPPY about is that my trade-in still had $7000 remaining on my loan and I brought with me the exact payoff. At the time that I went in to speak with the representative my bank was already closed and I was told I had to put down 8480.04 to cover any overage that my previous loan had on it. He told me that was ok and that they would get an estimated payoff and my bank would REFUND the monies back to me. This is not the truth! They only apply the remaining funds to the principle of the new loan. Had I known the truth I would have waiting until they called my bank. VERY UNHAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wish I would never made this Purchase!!!!

MIKELV

by from LAS VEGAS NEVADA |

I purchased a Chevrolet Silverado pickup from CarMax on W. Sahara. The vehicle vibrated badly at highway speed. Didn't realize this during the test drive because the test drive route did not allow for highway speeds (60-75mph). Took the vehicle to my mechanic who told me that the tires were cracking, had very low tread, and needed to be replaced ASAP. I took the truck to Henderson CarMax because it was closer to my house (by far the better dealership). Henderson CarMax measured the tires using a tire tread gauge and stated that two of the tires were below spec, needed to be replaced, and ordered me two new tires. I immediately contacted the service manager Nathan at CarMax W. Sahara and explained to him what was going on. Nathan said bring the vehicle by so he could take a look at it. I took the truck to Nathan he measured the tires with a tire tread gauge and said I see what you?re saying these tires are not new by any means but, they are within spec. I asked him to explain to me how Henderson CarMax and my mechanic both found deficiencies with the tires but, when he inspected them they are good to go. I explained to him that the truck was vibrating at highway speed. Nathan stated we can schedule an appointment to look into that but these tires are fine. We are not replacing them. Service manager (Nathan) was very rude. I ask him for his boss?s name. Nathan stated it?s the general manager Mike but I wouldn't waste your time. He is not going to do anything unless I tell him too. Called the GM Mike. Left a detailed message with his secretary. He never returned my call. This is No way to treat customers CarMax W. Sahara. Wow, anything to save a buck for this crooked dealership! Would not recommend CarMax W. Sahara to anyone. Stay away!!! They will rip you off too.

Customer Service???

by from Las Vegas, NV |

Today (12/20/12), I visited this dealer because I had my eye on a used ram truck. I departed the dealer because I was not satisfied with the service. I walked right to the desk asking for salesman to view the truck. I noticed 2 or 3 salesmen standing on the opposite side the desk hanging out and the first gentleman that walked by was asked by the clerk to assist me. He had this look like he had something far better to do, possibly join the other salesmen productive activity. As we're looking for the truck first thing out of his mouth was "How's your credit?" Now I've purchased a several vehicles and understand this is apart of the process, but it appeared as though he w asked questions to decide how much time he was willing put in. While viewing the truck he gave absolutely no info about the vehicle and was on the phone the entire time. The split second he was off he tells me his next appointment had arrived. I wanted to have my car appraised, but he offered to find someone else to do it. By now there were now 5 salesmen hanging out inside and apparently none of them were "available" so he offered to put me on the waiting list while there were so many employees doing nothing! I respectfully declined and stated that I'll find the truck somewhere else and spend my money where I'm offer "actual" customer service.

CarMax West Sahara-Las Vegas responded to this review

January 2, 2013

Hi Perry, I noticed your comment on our Facebook page as well. I just wanted to reiterated that we are sorry you had poor experience. We want all of our customers to have the best car-buying experience possible. I will make sure the appropriate people see this feedback so we can grow. Thanks, Bridget