CarMax Garland

(3.7) 7 Reviews

12715 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Garland, TX 75041

Superb!!!!!

by from Tyler Texas |

I have purchased 2 autos at the Garland Carmaz and both times Mark Johnston was my salesman. He is professional, and makes things happen!! He returns phone calls, and is super nice! No high pressure from this guy!! He is very helpful and I am buying again Monday!!! Customer service is great too' Carmax is the place to buy a vehicle, no doubt!!! They get 5 stars from me!!!

Excellent All Around Service

by from Garland, TX |

We had purchased a vehicle from the Garland Carmax before and were quite pleased with the transaction, but it had been several years ago and we were now wanting to sell a car. I was admittedly not expecting much, based on the negative ratings online, but was more than pleasantly surprised. We first took in our Ford Explorer to get an appraisal. We were told there would be a 30-45 minute wait. We were only waiting about 10 minutes before they called us into an office to get our information, then another 15-20 before they gave us their quote. The quote was hundreds more than we'd expected and they took care of everything for us. We most recently went in to sell my husband's Saturn SC2. This time we didn't even get to sit down before they took us into an office to get our information. It was maybe another 10-15 minutes before they gave us another unexpectedly high quote. Charles helped us with getting the vehicle appraised, and Ena helped us wrap up the paperwork. Every associate we've dealt with has been friendly, helpful, and accommodating. I've never had such fast or pleasant service at a car dealership and will continue going to the Garland Carmax for all my vehicle needs.

Looking with a friend to purchase

by from Plano TX |

Richard was extremely helpful and courteous. He showed us several SUVs and made the process of buying smooth.

December 12, 2012

HI there Mark! Thanks so much for sharing this feedback with us. We are so pleased that Richard was able to help you search for a new SUV. ~kelsey

Car buying experience

by from Plano TX |

I am currently in the market to purchase a vehicle. What I do know is that I want an SUV with several features. Richard, the salesman at this location in Garland has been extremely helpful and non pushy. He has shown me several options while staying mindful of my wants. I would recommend Richard to anyone who may be looking to purchase.

November 15, 2012

Hi Deidra Mac, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are so happy that Richard was able to help show you your options. ~kelsey

Transfer car

by from Dallas, Texas |

Had a car transferred, but was a bit disappointed that the car wasn't in the condition that it was described by the website, but carmax took care me and the issues with the car, I ended up buying it, but I would be skeptical to get another car transferred with them.

April 26, 2012

Thanks for the review, sports car enthusiast. We?re sorry that the car wasn?t in the condition that was promised but we?re glad that we could take care of everything for you. Our Customer Relations team is interested in learning more about your experience and the condition of the car. Please give them a call at 800-519-1511.

Not To Be Trusted Transfering A Vehicle

by from Texarkana |

This is the second review I submitted, the first wasn't posted. We had a car transfered from another state, paid $550 after making sure it was in good condition in the "walk around" we had done. When the car came in, it was not close to being as described. The sales staff and management all are programed to say the same thing, "you don't have to buy the car if you don't want it", but of course my transfer money is gone. When I pressed the issue about the condition not right, once again I got a programmed responce "the car meets Carmax standard", well it didn't meet mine and that's what the walk around was suppose to be for.

February 18, 2012

We're very sorry to hear you had a bad experience transferring the car you wanted. We want to hear more about your experience. Please contact our Customer Relations team at 800-519-1111 to discuss your situation. Thanks for your review.

Mark Johnston @ Carmax ROCKS

by from Sachse, TX |

Our first time car shopping experience with Carmax was smooth and trouble-free. Mark Johnston was very professional and easy to talk to; he answered our emails and questions in a timely manner. I would highly recommend Mark to family and friends for their future car buying needs.

September 14, 2011

Quyenth, thank you for your review. Were going to make sure Mark and his manager see your post. Its going to make his day!