Big Star Ford

17717 South Freeway 288, Manvel, TX 77578

New 888-520-6857
Used 888-607-9176
Service 888-710-1224

Big Star Ford... You Drive. We Listen.

GREAT BUYING EXPERIENCE

by from HOUSTON TX |

THEY WE'RE VERY HELPFUL AND FINDING A VEHICLE THAT SUITED MY NEEDS.. I WAS FINANCED AT A PRICE I WAS COMFORTABLE WITH AND THEY ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS... IT WAS A FAST AND EASY PROCESS THAT I WILL SURELY GO BACK AND BUY A VEHICLE FROM THEM AGAIN - Y SALES PERSON WAS THEODIS LEE

Left a Happy girl!

by from Houston Tx |

I was very happy with my whole truck buying experience. Reading the post below make me wonder if they are talking about the same place I bought my truck.. There must of been some big changes since the below post because I am very happy with everyone from the sales team, finance and even the parts and accessories department have been extreemly helpful and courtious. I have refered several people to go here and will buy my sons car here. Thank you very much I am one happy new friend. Cherri'

service is no good

by from houston tx |

After having video proof of what's wrong with my car the dealership refuses to service my 2015 mustang because they can't replicate the issue, I have wasted time money and gas taking days off trying to resolve this issue even when I dropped it off on a Tuesday I went back on wednsday the car was not in the service parking lot no service tag I took a picture that night and went back on Friday only to find out the car had not moved a tire they say they drove it everyday but the regional service manager that Ford put on the case to watch over them said that big star Ford's service manager told her he only drove it once so aside from them not wanting to service it I am being lied too I reported this problem almost 2 months ago and no matter what kind of proof I show them they still deny to service it I left a voicemail to Brian the service manager 3 weeks ago and I have not received a call back

January 10, 2015

We're very sorry that our service department has failed to help you with your car repair. We realize how frustrating that must be. Please know, though, that without being able to replicate the issue, we'd be diagnosing the vehicle blindly and perhaps causing you to pay for unnecessary repairs. We would like to discuss this with you to determine how we can make things right. Please contact us: David Premazon (General Manager), (713) 960-9800.

Big Star Ford Sucks!

by from Alvin, TX |

Where to start, after buying a new 2014 Fusion Titanium Hybrid I continue to get phone calls from their sales people saying "I understand your in the market for a new Fusion Hybrid" Every time I tell the same thing that I already bought one from them please stop calling me and take me off your call list. Doesn't work! Then wen I bought the car I purchased a Titanium Plus package that covered window chips, wheel chips an road hazard on the tires. The first oil change I got I also told them I had this coverage and the low tire pressure indicator was coming on so can they take a look at it. They said they fixed the problem with the tire and I went on my way. Four months later I get a flat tire almost causing a wreck and I limped into a Discount Tire store and they tell me that the tire had been plugged before and caused a soft spot on the inside of the tire and the tire was no good and needed to be replaced so I bought a new tire. I called Big Star to talk to service and ask about the coverage I bought for road hazard and what to do and none of them had ever heard of the Titanium package and said I didn't have any coverage they could help me with. I called for the service manager Brian Burns and left 3 messages for him to find out what the dealership would do to reimburse me for the tire since the problem was caused by them plugging a brand new tire on a brand new car instead of patching it and to date no call . I also sent a email from their website contact us page explaining the problem and also still no reply or call from anyone. I contacted a person in the finance department and asked about the coverage I purchased and he supplied me with a copy of the coverage and instructions on how to file a claim. Well they denied coverage because it was not a road hazard but human error and they told me to take it up with the dealership. I noticed that most of the good reviews for them are dated in late 2013 and early 2014 and all of the negative reviews are dated recently like mine so that tells me the dealership has had a large turnover in personnel and for t he most part for the worse. Stay away from Big Star Ford they suck!

November 25, 2014

Doug, we're sorry to hear that you've had issues with your car and the service you've received from our dealership. We will review this with our service department and look into the issues you've brought to our attention. We're sorry if Brian has been difficult to reach. We will have him contact you as soon as possible. This is something we want to resolve promptly.

Have to improve customer service

by from Clute |

I worked with Mr. Derek Frank and Mr. Sky DeJohn. Both were close to me in making sure I got the car I was looking within my budget. I see opportunities with the customer service. The advertised internet price end up with a high value as they start to introduce, by default, cost related with the car inspection, plus the additional coverages they offer (which by the way has a different name like accesories, etc). Base on my experience, I recommend to read with attention the final number they present to you. In my opinion, they should advertise in the internet the real final price they will offer (specific with the recharges for certified cars, etc). There are hidden costs in my opinion. Took to me over 6 hours to close a deal because of these situation, until somebody was able to listen to my needs. Any customer is different, and the customer service team (specific the sales department) should worked on the attention to details specific to the customer they are dealing with. Bottom line, I think Big Star Ford is a place to visit when looking for a pre-owned car. Do you pre-work and be prepared for a potential changes in final prices if you set your budget base on the internet price plus the mandatory TTL fees. Special thanks to the finance manager who explained several questions related with car warranties (that should be explained with the sales person in advance).

November 18, 2014

We appreciate your feedback and apologize if we were not clear in communicating price. We'll take your feedback and use it within our dealership to improve the overall service we offer our customers. We're glad that you were able to find what you were looking for. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you:(713) 960-9800.

Not a Authorzed Ford Service Center

by from Rosharon, Texas |

Drove to the Dealership August with my 2013 F 150 Lariat 5.0 engine, engine light on. The determination was that the #6 cylinder was misfiring. When I asked for a Rental car or loaner was told that the location did not provide one. The truck had 58,000 miles and Ford extended Warranty was purchased from Big Star in 2013. The Service writer indicated that I would have to contact a rental agency for a vehicle while mine was in the shop. (Ford Extended Warranty provides a vehicle) I drove to Gulf Coast Ford in Angleton and was put in a rental car. I purchased a 2014 F 150 King Ranch with the Ford Extended warranty from Gulf Coast Ford on October 8, 2014. I returned to Big Star to get the paperwork to cancel my extended warranty on the 2013 truck and was told that Big Star could not handle the paperwork as they were "not an authorized Ford Service center". I contacted Ford Motor and sent the required information to cancel the warranty and request credit for the unused portion. My question is, I am assuming that the service writer was aware that Big Star would not get paid for servicing this truck under warranty, so just turn away the customer to avoid any issues later? I thought that since I purchased the truck and the FORD extended warranty (NOT WILL FIT WARRANTY) from BIG STAR my purchase would have been honored. BIG STAR now has only WILL FIT WARRANTY when purchasing a Ford vehicle. I purchased the 2011 truck from Gulf Coast and had excellent service but it is about 8 miles out of my normal travel. Well 8 miles is nothing when another DEALER takes care of a FORD product and the owner.

October 22, 2014

Wilfred, thank you for your review. We value your opinion and want to do what we can to make things right. Please contact us: David Premazon (General Manager), (713) 960-9800.

Sales manager used the F word on me on 9/27/14

by from manvel,TX |

The sales manager used the F word to me in front of my 3 children, husband and service personnel!!!!!! Husband went out of control, children were crying:(:(:(:( Service employees, you are the best!! I wonder what the service manager would do if the sales manager used the F word in front of his kids regarding his WIFE!!!!!

Great Experience - Wonderful Team work

by from Pearland,TX |

I would like to commend Big Star Ford in Manvel, TX for living up to their word and providing excellent service. We just relocated from New Jersey and my lease was set to expire within two months, being in a new city I was not familiar with the local dealerships. While attending The Silverlake Church in Pearland, TX the Pastor introduced the congregation to Big Star Ford GM (Premo), he assured us that if we came to Big Star Ford we would be taken care of. Three weeks later my husband and I arrived at the dealership and was greeted by sales representative Milo Harris; Milo spent several hours helping us make our selection with no pressure (which was important to me). After we made the selection Theo worked with me in getting all the information for the payment terms. During that time Greg came over and explained the payment options, and made suggestions that would allow me to purchase a 2015 Ford Fusion. I was not ready to commit because I wanted to be sure the payments would fit into my budget. I left and returned the next morning. After arriving we met the GM and he made us a very good offer that allowed the payments to be a few dollars less than the amount I anticipated. Through this experience I was extremely impressed with the team work that took place during my visit. While waiting for the finance officer I was never felt alone or overlooked thanks to Theo and Jacques. Bert (the Sales Manager) called before I arrived and after my purchase to ensure I had a pleasant experience. The GM followed up with a letter, which is something I never received from any dealership. Big Star Ford lived up to the word of the GM and I say thank you.

New name same tactics

by from Friendswood, TX |

I was told "done deal" on the phone and when I arrived, they were trying to squeeze another $500 out of me. Typical bait and switch routine. Buyer beware, new name, same old tactics.

not happy

by from rosharon tx |

not happy because we got a truck they told us we could have a bed cover now they will not give us the bed cover the salesman james is a person that does not care about a customer he just wants the sale no more