Fury Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM of South St Paul

1000 S. Concord St., South Saint Paul, MN 55075

Used 651-451-1313

Bandaging issues on Used Cars

by from Minnesota |

About 6 months ago a purchased a 2005 VW Beetle. Car Fax came up clean from what I could tell. Had my mechanic look it over and all that good stuff. Purchased the car for what I thought was a wonderful price. Then came the storm. After driving 4,000 miles on this car the transmission started for fail. I looked at the Car Fax again after I spoke to my father about it. One week before Fury purchased this car it was diagnosed by a VW Service Center as having transmission issues. The only reason I found this out was because I made about 15 different phone calls demanding information, mileage at every check point, I received 2 completely different receiving processes from two of their locations. I am now out $12,000 on this car. Buying new from them might be an okay experience but when they tried to point the finger and weren't willing to help me out in anyway giving me the go around and getting different answers from every manager I talked to I felt very abused as a customer. The only thing they said was "the law protects us" too bad they don't have conscience to guide them when selling used vehicles.

Extremely Poor Customer Service

by from Minneapolis, MN |

I drove a long way to this dealership to look at a vehicle. Prior to my coming I had set an appointment. The vehicle I was interested in wasn't at the dealership. I was told a manager took it. This inconvenience had me waiting in the dealership for almost an hour. The day we went it was hot outside. Inside the dealership was a bit warm as well. My family and I weren't even offered a beverage even after I inquired. When the vehicle arrived, it was not clean, but I test drove it anyway. I decided I wanted to buy the Journey, but wanted the vehicle cleaned so I could inspect it further. I waited yet another 45 minutes for that and the cleaning wasn't thorough. After the car was washed, I noticed several scratches, a few dents and a paint chipped area that already had rust forming underneath some touch up paint that had been applied. The Sales person reassured me that he would have the vehicle fully detailed including engine and buff scratches. I was allowed to take car home with understanding from salesperson they would fix minor body damage. When I arrived home I had a message on my phone from dealership reminding me of appt. Go figure, I get a reminder and they forget I'm coming by not having vehicle ready to show. I contacted dealership to let them know of my issues in hopes to come to a mutual agreement to buy vehicle. I also told them I want to return vehicle to allow time to resolve these issues. The tabs on the vehicle were expiring in the same month and I asked for that cost to be removed. I was told that dealerships doesn't pay for tabs. But had I come in the next month I wouldn't have to pay for them as the dealership would have paid them and I'd have almost a year before I'd have to renew. There were also a lot of random fees on purchase order that went unexplained. In the end dealership did not want to make repairs. I was disappointed. Earlier I had obtained an estimate of body repair and the cost totaled over $600. This dealership is would rather push away a customer than reach some sort of agreement. They weren't willing to hear nothing just wanted me to bring vehicle back. How would this make you feel as a customer? Definitely not valued. This dealer lost a sale over $300 and minor body work. I am an approved buyer in the market to buy a new vehicle and will take my business elsewhere as I want to buy from a dealer that makes me happy, respects my time, and values customer satisfaction. Wow...this is how they treat repeat customers. I'll never go there again! In fact, I will make sure I tell all I know about my buying experience at Fury Motors dealership.

Very good :)

by from Collierville, TN |

We were buying from Fury from out of state, over the phone on a Lincoln MKS and they were very pleasant and I have to brag on JUDY! She was wonderful and so helpful with getting everything arranged to get the car to us in TN. Overall our experience has been very good!

Good experience!

by from Ramsey, MN |

We recently purchased a used vehicle from Fury that we saw advertised on their website. Randy, our salesman was very pleasant to work with without any high pressure sales tactics. We had a trade-in which they gave a fair price for. It was the same amount a different dealership quoted us. There were a couple things we wanted to see fixed on the vehicle we were buying and they were very accommodating and had the repairs done in a couple days. The whole buying process was fast even with the financing. Our kids loved the play area which allowed us to focus on our purchase. We would definitely buy from them again if they have something we are interested in.

Poor Internet Service

by from St Paul, MN |

Inquired if a vehicle was still available and received numerous emails requesting phone number to talk about how easy is it purchase a vehicle online. Not once was my question answered. I just wanted to know if the car was still available so that I could come to the dealership to test drive and possibly purchase.

Fury Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM of South St Paul responded to this review

February 21, 2013

I have reviewed all of our cars.com inquiries and am unable to find any without a phone number that was checking availability and requesting a test drive. Here at Fury Motors we pride ourselves on providing superior customer service and building lasting relationships with our customers. I assure you this is not typical and we would appreciate the opportunity to remedy this experience and earn your business.

Not in a million years

by from 55107 |

I'd never return to Fury Motors. Worst expereience ever. I did my research and knew exactly what car/model i wanted. They had one, i called and made an appt. Showed up to meet with the salesperson, they were busy so i was asked to wait. There were 50 sales people standing around, no one offered to help me. Once i was acknowledged they weren't able to find the car. Once they found it the battery was dead. I finally got my test drive an hour later, returned and offered to buy the car at which point i was told the price was $1000.00 more if i paid CASH!!! Since when? That was on 11/20, on 11/21 i contacted the MN Atty General, who put me in touch with the Dept of Trans. apparently there are laws about false Advertising of vehicles in MN. When i called Fury on 11/21 with the information i got from the dept's i'd spoke with, i was told to come on in, i could after all get the car for the price it was advertised for! I went to the dealership within an hour, to be told the car had been sold on 11/21. On 11/24 I called again, the ad is still listed, and i was once again told the car had sold, on 11/23 - but, they had a model 3 years newer i should take a look at .... Never again

Average- wouldn't necessarily return

by from Minneapolis, MN |

I found the vehicle on cars.com and sent a request for more info. They called back promptly but weren't as interested in giving me information as they were "getting information about you". I told them I wasn't dead set on the car so didn't want to give them a bunch of info. I went to the dealership to see the car, worked with a gal Amy. They were all perfectly pleasant, but it's obvious they don't really care if you buy from them or not- they don't fight hard for the sale. Which, is nice on the one hand, you don't feel that they're just trying to get a sale, but it doesn't really make you feel great either. At least at other places you might get a free coffee or cookie! I think they don't have a shortage of customers, good for them. It was a fine experience, but it wasn't fun. I don't think they were dishonest, but there really is no room for negotiation, it was more "take it or leave it". Again, it's nice not to have to negotiate but there's no feeling that you work the numbers much which is hard if you've always done it that way. My feeling on Fury? "meh."

online shopping

by from Minot, ND |

I found the auto I wanted via Cars.com, sent email to Fury and was contacted right away, asked my questions gave them the information regarding my trade and was quoted a reasonable price, however when I actually went to finalize the deal, they back tracked and gave me $1000 less for my trade then originally quoted and all they had to say was they have no idea what the original sales person told me as she was not available. Still bought vehicle and happy with it however, not sure they detailed it very well, I can now smell cigarette smoke when I get into it and we are not smokers

Random fees...

by from Apple Valley, MN |

Well I went in ready to buy a used Chrysler 300. The guy I worked with was really nice but when I looked at the deal sheet the price was much higher then the sticker. They charge you an extra $1000 if you finance through your own bank. Then there were random charges and fees, a $350 documentation fee, and another that guy had no idea what it was and it was almost $600.

Used Avenger

by from Stratford WI |

The purchase of my Dodge Avenger went very smooth. The sales people very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. They also helped me secure a loan and get the paper work started. The car was detailed out very nicely and within a hour or so I was on my way with my new used car.