Maplewood Toyota

Service 866-473-7517 Service 866-473-7517

Minnesota's Number One Volume Dealer Based on 2015 TMS

Cha Yang is superb!

by from St. Paul, MN |

Cha Yang was my sales agent. He was helpful in educating me about the car that I wanted. Before driving my new car home, he went over my car functions thoroughly. He answered my questions and was very patient to make sure that I understood what he was talking about. He was honest, friendly and very likable. Thank you, Cha! -Xee

test driving car

by from st.paul,mn |

I've always been happy with Toyota but until yesterday when I was planning to buy a 2014-2015 highlander...Before buying the car I want to test drive one first but the sale rep that was helping me said we don't have any use one in those model or for you to test drive and yet I can see that they do have those model in Stock. Just because I said I want to test drive...

Maplewood Toyota responded to this review

March 11, 2016

Ge, thank you for your feedback. As I review our used inventory we do not currently have any 2014-2015 used Highlanders in our used car inventory. Rest assured our sales staff is more than happy to allow customers to test drive a used vehicle prior to purchase - in fact we strongly encourage it. We do have a broad selection of 2013 and older Highlanders in stock. If you would like to schedule a test drive for one of those, or for a new 2016 model, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again, Ross Meyer Sales Manager 651-482-1322

Excellent Service Department

by from Hudson, WI |

We have been using the service department at Maplewood Toyota for over 12 years. The staff is friendly and well trained. We have always been happy with the work we have received. Maplewood Toyota has a genuine concern for their customers and their vehicles. We will continue to use this dealership for our automotive needs.

Terrible Experience

by from Maplewood, MN |

I walked in looking for a hybrid car. I was interested in the Prius and a salesman by the name of Matt walks over to me by the entrance. He greets me and tells me it's hotdog day and I should have one. First off, I don't care about hotdogs. Secondly, there were none left from what I saw as I walked through those glass doors. Maybe those 3 other salesman casually standing around the hotdog table had something to do with that... Matt sits me down by his desk and the first thing he asks me is: "Do you have a trade-in or...do you have cash in hand?" He seemed very interested in the car I drove to Toyota by asking me how many miles I had on it, how much do I owe, how long I've owned it...etc etc. THEN, he finds me some Prius models. After looking through the inventory for nearly 10 minutes, he takes me back outside, across the street, through the inventory lot, and up the stairs to the 2nd level. Finally found a Prius I liked (there were only 3 so what's up with the 10 minute inventory search?!) We took it for a spin. I never drove the Prius before and didn't know what to expect. Matt says he owns one and it drives terrific after 100k miles. Gee, isn't that lovely! Just exactly what a customer wants to hear from a salesman. I don't believe he owns a Prius considering his lack of technical knowledge of the particular car I test drove. After the drive, I wasn't sold. Interior cabin was a bit loud and I wasn't too happy about that dreadful CVT transmission. After the test drive, I thanked the guy and told him I was going to Honda to check out some cars there too to make a decision and we both got out of the car. Matt's response was "Well it doesn't look like you're ready to make a purchase. I can guarantee you we have the best cars here at this location. I have many clients coming in today to make purchases and it's alright if you're not one of them. When you're ready to buy a car from us, I'll be here waiting." I kept my cool because I understand maybe he's not used to being rejected. Poor guy. So I asked for his business card and to my surprise, he gave me his card. I took the card, ripped it in half, and thanked him for his time. I drove off over to Honda. Listen Matt, I know you work on commissions. I know how car salesman do their business. I read your tactics like an open book. Your tone and overall engagement with me made it very clear. Me walking away from giving you a chance to make a couple dollars was the best thing I ever did. I'm glad my money is not with you. It's with Honda now. Enjoy those hotdogs bud.

Trust-worthy; Overall great experience

by from Maplewood, MN |

We have leased and bought a vehicle from Maplewood Toyota. Both experiences were smooth. The inventory is impressive. It is a great place to go if you want a lot of options. The waiting area is clean and inviting. They also have a small kid area. The staff are friendly and the General Manager Andy Hulcher is awesome. I would highly recommend this dealership!

slow and terrible service

by from cottage grove, mn |

I was hoping the Service Dept would have done a better job this time, but NO. I dropped off my car at 10 am for maintenance and was told it would be done by 11:40 am. 5 hours later, the car was still not done!!!! That happened the previous 2 occasions. I would not go back and would NOT recommend this location to anyone, unless they have all the time in the world to wait!!!

Honest Service Department

by from St. Paul, MN |

I can't speak to big repairs, as our Toyotas have been supremely reliable, but my '03 Avalon had an annoying problem where the steering column groaned and squeaked. The service department delayed my appointment so they could order a $200 part that they thought they might need. Took the car in. Turns out, all they had to do was "grease the boot" and that made the noise go away. Took just a few minutes and they did not charge me. Now, they could have put the $200 part in and I would not have known the difference. Also, my daughter was having a repair problem at a different dealership. Jonathan explained things to me that in turn I conveyed to her, told me what she should ask for regarding computer codes, how she might negotiate the second repair with them, etc. This guy is educated, articulate and knowledgeable. For any major repair, I would get a quote from this service department, and I'd probably pay a bit more for them to perform the work.

Tried to buy a car.

by from Maplewood MN |

Visited on1/31/15. He didn't introduce himself. Not even any eye contact. When we politely inquired about the price, he interrupted me and went on and on about monthly lease amounts. He never would tell us the price, but he did inform us we we're "Stupid" for not leasing. We left without ever getting a straight answer. Later that day we purchased a new Nissan. Thanks Doug.

Service Appointment

by from St. Paul, MN |

I had an 11:00 appointment for my daughter's car. When we arrived we were told that we would have to take a back seat to the customers who were waiting for their cars at the dealership, and that they would "try" to have it back to us by 5:00. When I asked for clarification on why we went to the end of the line when we had a standing appointment, the staff person would only offer the same response (customers waiting at the dealer ship take priority). This was maddening to say the least. What difference does it make where I wait if I have an appointment? As far as the work goes, they charged me two different diagnostic fees to the tune of about $130.00 each. I found their price for parts and labor to be astronomical. I have bought a vehicle here in the past and have used their service department, but will absolutely not be going back.

Oil Change/Tire Rotation

by from Maplewood, MN |

I went in for scheduled maintenance on 9/24/2014 which consisted of an oil change and tire rotation. This also includes the dealerships free multipoint inspection and the mechanic taking tire pressures for all four tires and inflating them if necessary. I arrived without an appointment and when I arrived it looked busy. I was prepared to have to wait longer than I had planned because of how busy it looked. To my surprise it took very little time, around 30 minutes. I was extremely pleased with the small wait time and fast service up to this point. I left the dealership and went home. The following day I drove my car to work and upon leaving work my flat tire/low tire pressure light came on. I drove my car to the local corner garage and asked them to see which tire had a leak or was low on air. To my surprise they told me that it wasn't a single tire that was low on air, but all four tires had low air pressure of between 20-25psi instead of the recommended 35psi. Obviously it was more important to get me in and out the door at the dealership than to actually service my car the way I paid them to.