Maplewood Toyota

2873 Maplewood Dr, Maplewood, MN 55109

Used 651-482-1322

Larry and Richard "the bone" rosier nice work

by from Hugo. Mn. |

Both Larry and bone did a great job helping us to get a great new van. The phone thing was a challange but they both helped is figure it out.

Toyota and dealerships don't care about customers

by from Maplewood, MN |

I want people to know how Toyota treats their loyal customer. Our family has bought 4 brand new cars with 7 year warranties within the past 10 years and this is the level of "customer service" I got. The car was suppose to be a present to my parents and I wanted it perfect. Now its not... $D = Dealership; $T = Corporate Toyota; 8/8 I bought a new 2014 Scion xB with warranty and rust proofing. I told the salesman that I'll take it with no front license plate. 8/18 Took the car in for rust proofing at $D. $D decided to drill two holes and put on the front license plate. I complained and parts/service director said he'd call me about getting a new bumper within 24 hours. 8/20 Waited 48 hours and still no call. I called the parts/service director and he'll look into it. I also called $T and made a complaint since he lied and I had to initiate the conversation. $T stated that someone should call me by 8/22 to address the issue. 8/21 Parts/service director from $D called and basically said the same thing as yesterday. 8/22 I called $T and told them no one called. Apparently the call yesterday from $D was considered a follow-up. I told $T I wanted to speak to someone that could help me, not tell me the exact same thing as yesterday and the day before. $T said he left a message with $D to call me back. 9/4 Called $T to follow-up. $T couldn't connect to $D and gave me their number. I called $D and got belittled. $D didn't care about my time and said they'll replace the bumper if possible (since they'll take it off a new car and that requires a lot of hoops to jump through) or write me a check for the cost of a bumper. If $D can't get a bumper, tough luck. I asked for fog lights and no bumper to make up for my time wasted and to save them time/money from finding a new bumper but that was not happening... 9/4 Called $T again and told them what happened. $T called $D and confirmed the conversation. I asked $T what they will do if I didn't get the bumper and they said I would have to look outside of $T for help.

by from Houston Texas |

Last Saturday (perhaps the busiest sales day of the year for you), my wife & I helped our Minneapolis-based son purchase a new 2014.5 Camry LE at Maplewood Toyota. It was the best car buying experience of my life ? and I?ve purchased numerous cars over the past 40 years, including several from Maplewood Toyota. We bought the Camry in only three (3) hours, thanks in part to helpful advance work done online by Anne Rivard. Also, Peter Ihle was knowledgeable, personable & efficient. This note is simply to recognize and thank Peter & Anne for their professionalism, patience, friendly demeanor & efficiency in helping us complete the transaction with no hassle. The transaction included a 2007 Camry trade-in, and several attractive rebates that made the overall deal a great value. It was a true pleasure to work with employees like Peter & Anne. Well done, Maplewood Toyota.

UN-Service

by from Lakeland, MN |

I bough a new RAV4 from Maplewood. I also bought the 100,000 warranty. The RAV crossed 100,000 miles on May 12, 2014. On Saturday June 1, 2014 during an oil change (not at Maplewood) a broken sway bar link was discovered. I asked the Technician who discover it if it looked like a recent break. He replied the break was rusted. On Monday June 3, 2014 I called Maplewood Service. I was told: 1. The soonest they could get someone to look at it would be June 11, 2014 2. An expired warranty is a expired warranty. Several years ago I had a service problem with Maplewood. I emailed the service manager. I did not get a response. Based on Toyota's sweep it under the floor mat attitude I doubt I would ever buy another Toyota. Based on the troubles I have had with Maplewood I would never buy another car from them. This review forum requires you to click at least one star. They should allow zero or negative stars.

Horrible Return Customer Service

by from Forest Lake, MN |

I purchased our 2012 Highlander from Peter Illhe and he was great, helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating. I came in a few weeks back (April 2014) and was looking at trading in the Highlander for a 2014 highlander. I setup an appointment with another salesperson, but was transferred to Peter. He was blatantly annoyed and rude the entire time I discussed leasing with him. When it came to numbers, he talked down do both me an my wife attempting to make us feel like we were not as smart as him. We were pleased with him for our original purchase, but one he made the sale we were nothing and customer service doesn't matter. I will not ever be going back to Maplewood Toyota due to Peter and this entire situation has likely ruined the option of purchasing another Toyota.

Great customer service

by from Forest Lake, MN |

This is the 2nd new car I have purchased with Doug Fulton. He is great to deal with, which is why I requested him as my salesperson again. Mark Figenshaw, the financial person, was also very thorough, and explained everything very well. Based on my experience, I would definitely recommend Maplewood Toyota to others. We have also had maintenance done at this dealership for years, and have been well satisfied with the work that was done.

john hammerschmidt

by from st paul mn |

Have used for several years for Camery Hybrid up to recent very satisfied, Had issue with service on checking electrical system and brakes after minor rear end accident. Was told rear starter battery needed to replaced. After being assured everything was OK left dealership and made it several blocks before codes started flying off dash and car shut down in traffic. Service manager tried to blame computer shut down of hybrid system on everyone but his service dept. Dealing with service mgr was like going back to the 70's where dealerships were totally not to be trusted. Ended paying $650.00 for questionable repairs and would recommend using other toyota dealerships in metro area. Found that they are wonderful and pricey if fixed and unsatisfactory and pricey if they screw up.

Bought a 2010 Prius

by from Woodbury MN |

We had a fantastic experience at Maplewood Toyota. We stopped there twice and worked with Rory. He showed us two different Prius's and we purchased the second one immediately. I took the car in the following Monday with a couple of questions and everything was answered and taken care of. I have every intention of buying our next vehicle from Maplewood Toyota.

worst nightmare

by from twincity |

Maplewood toyota staff is not a qualify to call quality and here are some issue I have with them.... 1. my axcel oring is leak so I took it to them for repair. Well guess how many time they work on to repair the problems..three times.. and I loose alot of time to work. 2. My master cylinder brake is not holding the brake when you press down to brake so I ask them to repair it and I took them three times to repair it. As of today I still have to call them to finish the job they didn't do or can't do it correct. It start to leak again so I fill in brake fluid to the brake reservoir and now I can't drive my truck cause brake didn't work at all..... I wouldn't recomend to all of you to repair or even buy car from this dealer unless they do something about their services...

Maplewood Toyota responded to this review

February 20, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, we try to repair every vehicle right the first time, your vehicle is still in our shop, I will go and follow it through and make sure it is done correctly. again thank you for bringing this to our attention,this is how we improve. Dave R Maplewood Toyota

Maplewood Toyota Experience

by from St. Paul, MN |

Just purchased a certified used 2010 Toyota Rav4. Had a great experience working with Larry Bain. He was very helpful in finding a Rav4 that met our goals of price, features and miles (very fair price on Rav4 and trade of existing vehicle). Will definitely work with Larry and Maplewood Toyota the next time we need to purchase a vehicle!