Maplewood Toyota

2873 Maplewood Dr, Maplewood, MN 55109

Used 651-482-1322

Trust-worthy; Overall great experience

by from Maplewood, MN |

We have leased and bought a vehicle from Maplewood Toyota. Both experiences were smooth. The inventory is impressive. It is a great place to go if you want a lot of options. The waiting area is clean and inviting. They also have a small kid area. The staff are friendly and the General Manager Andy Hulcher is awesome. I would highly recommend this dealership!

slow and terrible service

by from cottage grove, mn |

I was hoping the Service Dept would have done a better job this time, but NO. I dropped off my car at 10 am for maintenance and was told it would be done by 11:40 am. 5 hours later, the car was still not done!!!! That happened the previous 2 occasions. I would not go back and would NOT recommend this location to anyone, unless they have all the time in the world to wait!!!

Honest Service Department

by from St. Paul, MN |

I can't speak to big repairs, as our Toyotas have been supremely reliable, but my '03 Avalon had an annoying problem where the steering column groaned and squeaked. The service department delayed my appointment so they could order a $200 part that they thought they might need. Took the car in. Turns out, all they had to do was "grease the boot" and that made the noise go away. Took just a few minutes and they did not charge me. Now, they could have put the $200 part in and I would not have known the difference. Also, my daughter was having a repair problem at a different dealership. Jonathan explained things to me that in turn I conveyed to her, told me what she should ask for regarding computer codes, how she might negotiate the second repair with them, etc. This guy is educated, articulate and knowledgeable. For any major repair, I would get a quote from this service department, and I'd probably pay a bit more for them to perform the work.

Tried to buy a car.

by from Maplewood MN |

Visited on1/31/15. He didn't introduce himself. Not even any eye contact. When we politely inquired about the price, he interrupted me and went on and on about monthly lease amounts. He never would tell us the price, but he did inform us we we're "Stupid" for not leasing. We left without ever getting a straight answer. Later that day we purchased a new Nissan. Thanks Doug.

Service Appointment

by from St. Paul, MN |

I had an 11:00 appointment for my daughter's car. When we arrived we were told that we would have to take a back seat to the customers who were waiting for their cars at the dealership, and that they would "try" to have it back to us by 5:00. When I asked for clarification on why we went to the end of the line when we had a standing appointment, the staff person would only offer the same response (customers waiting at the dealer ship take priority). This was maddening to say the least. What difference does it make where I wait if I have an appointment? As far as the work goes, they charged me two different diagnostic fees to the tune of about $130.00 each. I found their price for parts and labor to be astronomical. I have bought a vehicle here in the past and have used their service department, but will absolutely not be going back.

Oil Change/Tire Rotation

by from Maplewood, MN |

I went in for scheduled maintenance on 9/24/2014 which consisted of an oil change and tire rotation. This also includes the dealerships free multipoint inspection and the mechanic taking tire pressures for all four tires and inflating them if necessary. I arrived without an appointment and when I arrived it looked busy. I was prepared to have to wait longer than I had planned because of how busy it looked. To my surprise it took very little time, around 30 minutes. I was extremely pleased with the small wait time and fast service up to this point. I left the dealership and went home. The following day I drove my car to work and upon leaving work my flat tire/low tire pressure light came on. I drove my car to the local corner garage and asked them to see which tire had a leak or was low on air. To my surprise they told me that it wasn't a single tire that was low on air, but all four tires had low air pressure of between 20-25psi instead of the recommended 35psi. Obviously it was more important to get me in and out the door at the dealership than to actually service my car the way I paid them to.

Larry and Richard "the bone" rosier nice work

by from Hugo. Mn. |

Both Larry and bone did a great job helping us to get a great new van. The phone thing was a challange but they both helped is figure it out.

Toyota and dealerships don't care about customers

by from Maplewood, MN |

I want people to know how Toyota treats their loyal customer. Our family has bought 4 brand new cars with 7 year warranties within the past 10 years and this is the level of "customer service" I got. The car was suppose to be a present to my parents and I wanted it perfect. Now its not... $D = Dealership; $T = Corporate Toyota; 8/8 I bought a new 2014 Scion xB with warranty and rust proofing. I told the salesman that I'll take it with no front license plate. 8/18 Took the car in for rust proofing at $D. $D decided to drill two holes and put on the front license plate. I complained and parts/service director said he'd call me about getting a new bumper within 24 hours. 8/20 Waited 48 hours and still no call. I called the parts/service director and he'll look into it. I also called $T and made a complaint since he lied and I had to initiate the conversation. $T stated that someone should call me by 8/22 to address the issue. 8/21 Parts/service director from $D called and basically said the same thing as yesterday. 8/22 I called $T and told them no one called. Apparently the call yesterday from $D was considered a follow-up. I told $T I wanted to speak to someone that could help me, not tell me the exact same thing as yesterday and the day before. $T said he left a message with $D to call me back. 9/4 Called $T to follow-up. $T couldn't connect to $D and gave me their number. I called $D and got belittled. $D didn't care about my time and said they'll replace the bumper if possible (since they'll take it off a new car and that requires a lot of hoops to jump through) or write me a check for the cost of a bumper. If $D can't get a bumper, tough luck. I asked for fog lights and no bumper to make up for my time wasted and to save them time/money from finding a new bumper but that was not happening... 9/4 Called $T again and told them what happened. $T called $D and confirmed the conversation. I asked $T what they will do if I didn't get the bumper and they said I would have to look outside of $T for help.

by from Houston Texas |

Last Saturday (perhaps the busiest sales day of the year for you), my wife & I helped our Minneapolis-based son purchase a new 2014.5 Camry LE at Maplewood Toyota. It was the best car buying experience of my life ? and I?ve purchased numerous cars over the past 40 years, including several from Maplewood Toyota. We bought the Camry in only three (3) hours, thanks in part to helpful advance work done online by Anne Rivard. Also, Peter Ihle was knowledgeable, personable & efficient. This note is simply to recognize and thank Peter & Anne for their professionalism, patience, friendly demeanor & efficiency in helping us complete the transaction with no hassle. The transaction included a 2007 Camry trade-in, and several attractive rebates that made the overall deal a great value. It was a true pleasure to work with employees like Peter & Anne. Well done, Maplewood Toyota.

UN-Service

by from Lakeland, MN |

I bough a new RAV4 from Maplewood. I also bought the 100,000 warranty. The RAV crossed 100,000 miles on May 12, 2014. On Saturday June 1, 2014 during an oil change (not at Maplewood) a broken sway bar link was discovered. I asked the Technician who discover it if it looked like a recent break. He replied the break was rusted. On Monday June 3, 2014 I called Maplewood Service. I was told: 1. The soonest they could get someone to look at it would be June 11, 2014 2. An expired warranty is a expired warranty. Several years ago I had a service problem with Maplewood. I emailed the service manager. I did not get a response. Based on Toyota's sweep it under the floor mat attitude I doubt I would ever buy another Toyota. Based on the troubles I have had with Maplewood I would never buy another car from them. This review forum requires you to click at least one star. They should allow zero or negative stars.