Vandergriff Hyundai

Service 855-315-9244

Absolutely Unbeatable!

First Time for Everything

by from Fort Worth, TX |

I was greeted warmly by Maletta and she immediately made me feel at ease. She brought up the car I was interested in and we went for a test drive. We had an instant connection, and talked as if we had been friends forever. Then came the paperwork and filling out the credit app. When she came back and told me I had been approved, I burst into tears. I never expected things to fall into place this easily. Maletta walked me through all of the paperwork I needed and sent me on to my next destination...the Finance Department, In the Finance Department I was greeted by Thomas Carter. Again, I was treated like family. Thomas made the entire process painless and took all of the "scary" out of it. The man knows his job and knows how to treat the people who come to him to finance their new cars. I am new to Texas, and I can tell you right now that I will never buy a new car from any other dealership. Thank you, Maletta and Thomas. I cannot wait to pick up my 2013 Hyundai Elantra on Monday afternoon!

Great Dealership

by from Arlington, Texas |

When to get a oil change and when my car came back it looked like a brand new car. Staff always friendly, treat you like family. Best dealership EVER!!!

No Car For Me

by from Central, TX |

Couldnt help me vehicle wasnt what I thought. Nothing in inventory to meet my needs.

Vandergriff Hyundai responded to this review

October 23, 2014

We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and truly apologize for not having what you were looking for... but if we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to give us a second chance. Thanks again!

Follow up to Horrible experience, stay away

by from Fort Worth, TX |

This is a follow up to my earlier review about how Vandergriff took 3 cars out from under me. After I wrote several negative online reviews, Juan Huerta called me back and said he wanted to make things right. Though he never got the car down to its original promised price, he did throw in enough extra items to make it a good deal. So, my feelings about this dealership are mixed. It has been a very miserable experience but in the end I did get a good car. My conclusion is that if you must work with them, avoid Jon Clayton since he was not honest or accurate. Maletta Larry on the other hand, was always courteous, honest, and efficient. I guess it just depends on who you end up working with.

Horrible experience, stay away

by from Fort Worth, TX |

Within one week I had 3 cars pulled out from under me. I was promised one, but then got a call later it had already been sold, their system had not updated by the time they promised it to me. Ok, I could forgive that. Later in the week, Jon Clayton called me and told me of two cars that fit my specifications. Since I did not want a repeat of what happened the first time, I took time off during the workday to come purchase the car that met my budget. I got there and found out it was actually $1,000 more than he had promised me. The car had not gone through shop yet when he promised me the price, and he apparently did not notice that it was tagged to be Certified Pre-Owned. I asked about the other car he had quoted me. He pulled the paperwork on that and it was actually $3,500 more than what he had promised. I called and complained to a manger about the fact that Jon had given me two incorrect quotes and I had lost almost two hours of work driving down from Grapevine to buy a car and walked away with nothing. The manager said he would investigate and call me back. I heard nothing. I called Juan Huerta today. He said he knew of the situation, but would not honor the prices Jon quoted. He tried to offer alternative cars, but none of them met my specifications. I told him that I would like to register a complaint as a dissatisfied customer because of their incompetence. He said that was OK with him. Either Vandergriff Hyundai is highly incompetent and doesn't know what their own vehicles are worth, or they figured they could take advantage of a young female college student. I would never go back there and recommend you steer clear unless you have plenty of money to spare when you get in there and they raise the price on you.

Works with you--not too pushy

by from dallas, tx |

I came in looking for a specific Tuscon found online. When I arrived (late), the car was driving off the lot. Initially, I was frustrated because the floor team was attempting to put me in a car above my price range that I did not like nearly as much. Although I left disappointed, I did discover the same car had just gone online at the same dealership. The next day, the visit was much better, and more relaxed. Jason was informative and not pushy. He worked with me on financing and I trusted that he and Richard gave us the best deal for the car that I wanted from the get-go. While going in on a Saturday with many salesmen was overwhelming, I was overall pleased with my final purchase after going back the next week. My car was a fair price, and this is my third Hyundai purchased. I recommend this car, and this dealership in particular, to anyone looking for something dependable, economical but still nice. Not too mention, the Hyundai warranty has proven to be a great benefit for anyone planning to drive your car for a while. They also have a great selection of new cars if you want something more luxury-driven. Thank you so much to Jason and Richard for your help in making this transaction easy!

earned back my business after negative experience

by from Grand Prairie, TX |

I will be honest. The original review was very negative and much deserved. HOWEVER, this dealership has worked very hard to earn my business and my trust back. Still not perfect, but definitely displayed integrity and willingness to make things right. Special KUDOS to Jann Webb (Customer Service Manager) for advocating on my behalf and to Ken Mauldin (Service Manager) for really stepping up to help us when we were "stranded" in another state and having difficulty getting things worked out with the local dealership there. He followed up and found a creative solution to get us home and is committed to making sure we're taken care of. The repair still has not been completed, but I am confident that we will be well taken care of by the time it's all said and done.

Best in the area

by from Dallas, Tx |

I went in to buy my first car which was a daunting task for me. I had arranged to see a car I saw on cars.com with Richard and as soon as I walked in I felt relieved because just by looking at the sales team, who looked and acted very professional, and the facility, which was very clean and well maintained, I knew I was in good hands. Richard gave me a great price on the car and when I tell you that the car buying experience here is smooth and easy I am not overstating the actual experience. The only complain I have is that my stay there was rather lengthy. A good 90 minutes but that is the nature of the business.

Good Experience with Richard, Philip, and Thomas

by from Arlington, TX |

These gentlemen from Vandergriff Hyundai provided good experience of buying new car. I negotiated the price via email with Richard. When I arrived at the dealership, Philip greeted me and accompanied me test driving the car. Then Thomas helped me to seal the deal. All took about 3 hours including 30 min waiting to have the car washed.

Very Welcoming

by from Fort Worth, TX |

My buying experience was very pleasent when I was shopping for a new car. I had already test driven several different cars prior to my arrival at Vandergriff. I let them know what I was looking for, what I was trading in, and my price range. They were able to gather quite a few options for me, and after test driving, I fell in love with 2012 Sonata 2.0T. They worked with me through the financing, answered all of my questions, and made me feel very welcome the entire time I was there. My last car buying experience was less than stellar, so this was a bright light in my opinion. Thanks!