Sears Imported Autos

13500 Wayzata Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55305

New 877-857-0684
Used 888-429-8127
Service 866-739-9596

Affordable Luxury Like Never Before..The best or nothing!

Fantastic Buying Experience (Again)

by from Minneapolis, MN |

I just leased the newly redesigned 2015 C Class and absolutely love it. This is my second vehicle from Sears Imported Autos and the facilities, redesigned vehicle and buying experience were better than ever. I have been researching my vehicle decision for the past few months and Matt Mahoney helped every step of the way. Matt helped steer me in the right direction as to my final lease decision. I took multiple test drives to gain an understanding of what features I wanted in this vehicle within my price range. Overall, a 5 Star Buying Experience.

Internet sales needs work

by from Boston, ma |

Purchased vehicle on line JANUARY 30. Payment was executed promptly. THEN all the work fell to ME. Had to ensure lien transfer myself (to be fair, they offer the service at BUYERS expense) This took weeks of back and forth with the title, ins agent and DMV. As I sit here I am ARRANGING MY OWN transport, which the salesperson is unable to do despite self proclaimed profiency on the purchase date. Also not impressed with overall responsiveness of the business office. It seems like once they got the $$, any attempt to please the buyer ended. It is MARCH 7, and I am still not sure when I will take delivery I recommend against on line purchasing from this dealer.

Sears Imported Autos responded to this review

March 20, 2015

Mr. David Malins- Thank you for your review as we appreciate feedback. We do see all reviews from every customer left on all review sites. We apologize for the delay in getting you your vehicle, but we would like to clarify a few facts on what transpired. 1. On January 30th we did not receive full payment. As you know you paid us only 1/3rd of the actual selling price on January 30th. We agreed to do it for you given your circumstance. So yes 1/3rd of the payment was executed promptly, but full payment was not. We did not receive full payment until February 20th. Therefore, because it was not paid in full with all the DMV fees and taxes the car and purchase would not be complete or transportation be arranged. 2. As we have told you in the past you are responsible for your own title, lien, and DMV fees. We can have this done for you, but you would incur a charge as we incur that same charge. Your completion of these items listed would have gotten you your vehicle in a more timely basis. 3. The actual purchase date was the middle of February and is when we received the remaining 2/3rd of the balance. At this time and only this time would the vehicle be considered fully paid and transportation arranged. You told Justin Hagen via email multiple times not to have the vehicle delivered between certain dates as you were out of town and unavailable to take delivery. This made it more difficult to have timely and speedy transportation arranged. 4. You did not arrange your own transportation as you stated. I understand that you were trying to arrange your own transportation, but it was cost prohibited because the prices you were quoted were higher than you wanted to pay. We contacted you on Saturday 3/7/15 and left a message stating we are at $1,000 for a shipping bid with no response. As of Monday, March 9, 2015 the transportation company has picked up your vehicle for $1,000 which we are paying half of it because of the delay. Also, as you are very aware the weather in the Boston area has greatly influenced all transportation of vehicles to the east coast. Unfortunately, neither of us can control that. Regards, Kent Martinka Pre-Owned Sales Manager

Buyer beware

by from Plymouth, MN |

If you are looking for a dealership that is focused on customer service...drive right passed Sears Automotive Imports. The sales process was ok but post sale WATCH OUT! The female sales rep was unhelpful after the transaction was complete and I would never shop here again as a result. Don't trust the finance department either. They sell with empty promises and without facts and documentation even when asked. I left messages on multiple occasions for Jennifer and four separate times she claimed her voicemail didn't work! The MB USA issued me a courtesy refund on a $1125 prepaid maintenance package that I can't use since my car was totaled. I had 2 unused services left and they valued this at $55.44 - no this is not a typo they made an exception since the documentation from insurance was supplied and issued a refund due to the situation and are giving me back fifty four dollars and 44 cents! I have never been more dissatisfied with any company than I am with Mercedes Benz and Sears Automotive Imports.

Sears Imported Autos responded to this review

November 29, 2014

Alison, we are sorry to hear about your car accident and hope you are doing ok. You have talked with multiple managers here from Reid our service director, to Stacy Powers the sales consultant, to Jennifer our Business manager, and even MBUSA. But, everyone at Sears has told you the same thing. Jennifer was not able to respond to you since you did not leave a return number on the VM you left. We sympathize with you and understand your frustration. Unfortunately, this is an issue with MBUSA directly and your insurance company directly. MBUSA sets the policy for it's prepaid maintenance, not Sears unfortunately. Your insurance company should be compensating you directly for the maintenance because it is part of your ML's value, if not you need to take it up with your insurance company. The prepaid maintenance is added value and should be compensated that way. Looking at our records you paid $999 for the maintenance. If this is incorrect please let us know. If you need help with documentation or anything for the insurance company please let us know. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Happy Holidays!

Impressed

by from Blaine, MN |

I had an excellent experience at Sears Imports. I bought a used Toyota from them and was treated like I was buying a new Mercedes-Benz. John Drewitz provided great service as the sales rep, as did Jennifer Parker in finance. Everything went smoothly, they were fair on my trade-in and I felt well taken care of. They do it right. I will buy from them again.

Very nice folks to deal with; easy transaction

by from Naples, Florida |

Sears have good reviews overall which helped my confidence. I have bought many cars over the years, and am a pretty direct kind of purchaser. Purchased Aston Martin, sight unseen, with help of Matt Mahoney at Sears. Matt was incredibly responsive to email and calls, and we concluded a deal in less than 10 minutes on a fair basis for both sides. Sears were quick on paperwork, car was precisely as described once I received it (in South Florida, after 2000 miles on covered transport from MN!). Matt followed up continuously, took detailed pictures prior to, and while, loading to ensure no possible disputes with transport company I used (Alpine Transport - very good!) and conducted this long-distance sale with great attention to details and integrity. This was my first time working with Sears: they should be proud of their reputation. They are as good as any I have worked with. AB/Florida/January 2014

I'm pleased with my purchase

by from St. Louis Park, MN |

Quick, easy, and friendly buying experience overall. I bought a used BMW 5-Series as an extra car to keep at my second home down in Florida. I got a very fair deal and there was no pressure or other snaky sales tactics like used at so many other car dealers. Josh Kanters handled my deal and he is a great guy to deal with.

not disappointed

by from Minneapolis, mn |

Very nice facility, friendly and helpful staff. They were easy to work with and were willing to compromise.

Excellent Car Buying Experience

by from Minneapolis |

My Sears Imported Autos buying experience was fantastic from start to finish. It began during the no pressure test drive and professional demonstration of features on the vehicle. They went through the available options to consider and made the order and delivery process very comfortable and easy. They were professional, informative and a pleasure to work with through the entire process. Matt Mahoney, Internet Sales Manager and Mike Roeder, General Manager were absolutely the best to work with. I would recommend them and Sears Imported Autos to anyone in the market for a vehicle.

Great Experiences

by from Lakeville, MN |

I just leased my second vehicle from Sears. My first was a 2010 C300. The service and experience from Matt Mahoney was excellent with this first vehicle. I did not have any major issues with that car, but went in for regular service, each time I was well taken care of and given a Mercedes loaner. As my lease was nearing the end I was interested in some other manufacturer's vehicles so did research and checked around. I told Matt what I was looking for and he advised me to wait for the 2013 GLK350 as it was being updated and would be a perfect fit. I was glad I took his advice. I just took ownership this week and love the car. I highly recommend Mercedes vehicles, Sears Imported Autos and Matt Mahoney.

Patient and Profesional

by from Plymouth, MN |

It was our first day of looking and we were really unsure of what we wanted or the range of options and features. We worked with Dave Tobin. He spent a lot of time with us, answered our questions and pointed out several alternatives. We haven't maed a buy-decsionyet but if I buy Mercedes, it'll be because of Dave's patience and professionalism.

CLK CONV

by from minnetonka |

The greatest experience I have ever had buying a car :) The staff at Sears Imports goes 110% and more. Thanks Sears and also to Rob Suess, Jennifer Parker and Kurt All of you help this happen and I love my car