Shakopee Chevrolet

New 877-547-4309
Used 866-999-7390
Service 888-698-9543

Drive a little - Save a lot! CALL NOW

great service and great experience!

by from prior lake MN |

Had a wonderful experience buying my new 2013 chev sonic recently! All the people are friendly and the facility is welcoming.

June 23, 2014

Warren Soldo, your product specialist said assisting you was a real pleasure. Thank you for allowing us to earn your business!

Great dealer, great Salesperson. Joe Itman

by from Rosemount, Mn |

We purchased a used Saturn for my daughter from Shakopee Chevrolet Salesman Joe Itman. We were told that there were some open recalls on the vehicle that they needed to take care of before we could take it home. Joe said we would find out from the service department how soon they could be completed and call me the next day. The next day Joe called and said that there were no parts available for one of the recalled items, and it may be a couple weeks before they get any information about when parts may be available. I asked Joe what our options were since we were purchasing this vehicle to replace a recently totaled vehicle for our daughter. A couple week wait would be an inconvenience. Joe said that if we needed to get out of this purchase because we needed to find another car for our daughter that we could do that. He sent us an email confirming that and getting it to us in writing. He then also suggested that we come back into the dealer and see if we could find another vehicle instead of the Saturn we purchased. We returned to the dealership a couple days later and ended up swapping the Saturn for a used Intrepid. This vehicle had a higher sale price then the one that we originally purchased, but Joe was able to get us into the vehicle for the same price of the original one. It was not the dealers fault that the parts were not available, and it was not Joe's fault that the vehicle could not be delivered to us. But Joe and the dealer did what was right. Joe does what is right, and delivers on what he says he will do. This is the first time I have purchased from this dealer, and if this is the way they treat first time customers, I can't wait to see how they treat repeat customers. Which I will be one. Thank again Joe, you are a customer focused professional with the desire to do the right thing. You represent this dealership well. Carl

Great customer service!

by from savage,mn |

Kirk was very professional at letting me know when my part came in for my Chevy cobalt recall. Ordering and repairs were done in a timely manor. Very happy with my experience.

Terrible Terrible Terrible

by from Shakopee, MN |

Recently, I made an appt to have my broken driver's side window repaired. I made the appt for the morning and when I called five hours later they still had not even looked at it. Finally, six hours after I brought it in, they called to say it was going to be over a thousand dollars to fix it. My gut told me this was way too much and had to pay around $70 for a diagnostic fee for the day of no work. I went back to my hometown dealership in Indiana and brought the car to he check out. Total charge to get it fixed was around $300. They looked at the info from the Shakopee dealership and commented their price came from charging for a part that wasn't even broken.

June 23, 2014

We're very sorry for the experience you've had. Our customer service liaison has researched this matter and here's what they have found. Service: Customer states driver's window will not go up or down (...) Window module had broken retainers, regulator was loose and not repairable. Provided customer with estimate to replace module (...) Technician was able to return glass to closed position- customer was made aware window is inoperable. The window regulator was unrepairable. For a proper repair, the entire module would need to be replaced. Without replacing, window will continue to fail. This is what would incur the majority of the cost. Pricing of these materials are set by General Motors, not the dealer. If "repaired" without replacing the proper parts, window will continue to fail. Overall, this will cost customer more time & money. Diagnosis charge: (Disclosed to customer) $120.00 diagnosis charge (1hr/labor) + shop supply costs. $136.00 cost to be absorbed into total repair charges. Customer wasn't satisfied with current market value diagnosis charge. Customer was given exclusive discounted diagnosis charge of $70.00 which includes below temporary repair. Temporary customer service repair: Discounted diagnosis fee included returning the window to its "up" position. This was done to insure the customer was protected from weather elements while they decided what their next step would be. In this case, customer decided to drive vehicle 6.5+ hours to Indiana for repair. ---------------------------- Looking at our appointment log book, that day was rather busy which could explain the delay in getting to your vehicle. As a standard, our service advisors are consistent with keeping our customers updated with time estimates. We wanted you to be safe and happy to have your window up instead of stuck in the down position as it was. While our service department isn't here working for free, we were more than willing to work with you to reduce the cost of just finding out what the problem was. We did this to help you. While our good intentions seem to have failed, we're happy if you've had the window fixed for less, and hope it is a lasting repair. Again, we are sorry for the experience you've had. We will look at this as a learning experience so that we can continue to resolve any misunderstandings before they become available for public review.

No response

by from South Dakota |

I sent a question from the cars.com website and did not receive an answer. I see this with alot of businesses. Maybe business is so good that they just don't need to reply to everyone.

Just bought my Traverse

by from Shakopee, MN |

I just purchased a used 2013 Traverse from Shakopee Chevy, and the process was painless. Matt was great to work with and was extremely knowledgeable. I felt sorry for him because he had to clean the vehicle himself in 90 degree weather. I haven't had to have any repairs done, so I can't speak for their service department, but the buying process was fairly quick and painless. Which was the opposite feeling I was getting from the Eden Prairie Chevy. They were completely unwilling to deal and unfriendly to me. The guy never even offered me a drink! Plus they were basically penalizing me for the hail damage they received on their cars! That same day I bought from Shakopee Chevy.

Horrible experience - would advise to avoid.

by from Savage, MN |

Facility is fine and I thought the buying experience was ok until I realized the vehicle we purchased was misrepresented. Told it was AWD but it wasn't! We hoped to trade it in (minus any lost value) and purchase one WITH AWD but the George (the owner) and Tom (sales mgr) wanted nothing to do with us. Told it was an as is sale and that we were lying about what the salesman told us. Very frustrating experience. Would highly recommend avoiding this dealership!

January 25, 2013

Hi, This customer seamed to leave out some important purchase information. 1: They purchased the vehicle almost a year and a half ago. 2: They came in off an AD on cars.com... which clearly stated the vehicle was "front wheel drive" and priced as "front wheel drive". 3: The customer thought they had out smarted the industry by searching the VIN on google and edmonds.com...which falsely told Them it was All Wheel Drive. 4: The customer avoided bringing up an AWD as issue, the customer thought we would charge more for AWD..so in his words "He Was Stealing the Vehicle". 5: The Vehicle would have had an AWD tag located on the back tailgate from the factory, if it was AWD...and the customer was aware of this. 6: The Customer drove the vehicle for months and months without saying a word...only after a very large snow storm did they say anything. 7: When I met with the customer, "HE" provided me with the original copies of our car.com AD along with a copy of his google search. Even though the facts didn't support assisting the guest...I personally offered the customer to trade the vehicle in toward an AWD. He declined, Oh Well George

Tom Frazier was fabulous

by from White Bear Lake, MN |

I bought a 2011 Suburban with 15000 miles advertised on Shakopee's website. It was a good deal. About 10 days after buying it, the front tire blew out. I was upset and expecting a tussle. Instead, Tom Frazier, sales manager stepped in and told me to get the tire replaced and they would reimburse me. They did that. The car also needed some things fixed under warranty and Tom personally assigned Chris Johnson, service advisor, to the repair. I brought my car in at 9:00 am and told Chris that i would be done with my meetings at 4:00 that afternoon. He called me a couple minutes after 4:00 to advise me of the status of the warranty repairs. I was impressed. My experience with these two guys has been outstanding. They treated me very well.

January 28, 2013

Happy, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business and also the opportunity to assist you after the purchase. Regards, Tom

wow stay away

by from Ames, Ia |

Don't even know where to start. These guys are the most dishonest people I have ever enctountered. Went to look at a used truck, which I purchased, after a short test drive. Since I was from Iowa and it was a Saturday afternoon, I had no way to put it on a lift and check it for myself. The salesman assured me that the truck had been through the shop and checked out fine. I was about fifty miles from home and noticed a vibration, so the next morning I took it to the shop(i am a mechanic) and found the carrier bearing in the driveshaft had come apart. I also found that there was no fluid in the rear differential and both the idler arm and pitman arm were bad. Called the dealership monday morning and was told that I bought a used truck and would do absolutely nothing about it. I even offfered to cover labor and they pay for the parts. Again told they would do nothing for me. I would stay as far away from this place as I possibly could.

Excellent

by from Calumet, MI |

Excellent Dealership! Happy with my purchase from Shakopee Chevrolet.

January 28, 2013

Thank you for your recent purchase and hope you are enjoying your vehicle. Regards, Tom

customer setvice

by from saint cloud |

No response from any of your sales people for used. Vechile no calls or emails thank you for listening. Have a good day.

January 30, 2013

Tinal, I would love to assist you with your vehicle research and purchase if I had more information in regards to who you are and what you are looking for. I can not find any information in our system, so I am quite confused. Please contact me directly if you would like further assistance. Regards, Tom