Luther Westside VW

2370 South Highway 100, St. Louis Park, MN 55416

New 877-244-1658
Used 888-464-5426
Service 888-242-0961

Hablamos Espanol! Ask for Kader.

No Cheese, no hassle

by from Minneapolis, MN |

It's been 9 years since my husband and I bought a car and, honestly, it's one of our least favorite things to do...this time things were different! Our experience with Brad Davidson and the rest of the Luther Westside VW team was so positive. I cannot say enough about how good we feel about our new car. There was no icky, cheap suit feeling, no pressure to buy and no cheesy add-ons...just a great sense of pride in VW and in helping us find the right one for us.

Great Service

by from Stillwater, MN |

I honestly can't tell you much about what the dealership looks like because I was focused on purchasing a used vehicle. I was hoping to find the car I found at the price I could afford. Everyone was helpful from opening the front door to asking if I needed water or coffee. Having just found my way into the dealership thru much road construction, that thoughtfulness was appreciated. I never spent as much for a car before, not even a new one, yet I felt I found just what I wanted for a fair price. (Ford Flex's apparently hold their value!) My experience was such that I would recommend Luther VW, but I would also give careful instructions as to how to reach the dealership. (Minnesota's construction season begins right after the snow melts and, I must say, Hwy. 100 is a MESS!) But I was not deterred by that, even though my second test drive became longer than usual. Don't let the traffic pattern keep you from visiting Luther's Westside VW. The salesperson I met with several times more than made up for the highway problems. Helton is competent and honest. He is willing to go the second mile for people. He is reachable (even, regrettably, on his day off). He made the trek across the Twin Cities to that nightmare of Hwy. 100 worth the effort!

Best Service Ever

by from North Dakota |

Originally I went to the dealership because my boyfriend was looking for a car, at the time I absolutely hated my car that I had just bought a few months prior (Chevrolet Malibu), I saw the Tiguans and so we looked at them and the sales lady he was working with (Gervona Lynn) let us test drive any one that we wanted. We test drove 6 Tiguans before I decided which trim level I wanted. We brought my car to the dealer for them to get a trade-in value, we were both surprised that we didn't get low-balled especially when I had just purchased the car. Super nice and no pressure customer service. I will purchase all of my next vehicles from this dealer. I definitely recommend this dealership to anyone looking to buy a new or used car. Fairy priced! My sales lady, Gervona was amazing during the whole experience!

No hassle purchase

by from West Des Moines |

This was the most pleasant experience we've ever had purchasing a vehicle. We made an appointment by phone, then drove 240 mi to test drive several Touaregs. Vince McDonald was knowledgeable, patient, and polite. He listened to our wants/needs and found a vehicle that suited us. We will not hesitate is using Luther Westside VW in the future.

No pressure, no hassle.

by from St Paul, MN |

We walked through the door at 1:45 asking for a test drive of a Tiguan we'd seen online and walked out the door with it at 4. No one tried to pressure us into driving more or buying new instead of used. Rich was very helpful and made sure we had our phones connected and knew how to use everything before we left. It was also nice that we only dealt with one salesman and one finance person, at some places there are so many hand-offs.

Made me feel like a VIP!

by from Elk River, MN |

Originally I chose this service dealer for its location, taking advantage of the proximity to my workplace for 2 scheduled maintenance visits. Not only am I completely satisfied with how my Jetta is performing, I am even more pleased with the service that I've received from Luther Westside VW. The newly remodeled facility is very clean and sophisticated. The staff is classy, knowledgeable and efficient, both in person and when scheduling. By offering the shuttle service back to work was the icing on the cake for me. Thank you!

Found my VW here...

by from Stillwater, MN |

I had very specific requirements: VW Sportwagen with manual transmission, gasoline engine, under 30K miles. Brian found one for me, pointed out all the good and bad, and made the buying process seamless. Best of all, he KNEW VWs. We spoke engines, models (going back to the great 16-valve 2-liters in old 1990-1992 GLIs and GTIs. It was obvious he wasn't bluffing or "mirroring" a customer. He knows cars, and in particular, VWs.

Terrible

by from Woodbury, MN |

Wow, I'm amazed to see this many good reviews on here. I wanted to buy a used car from Luther, but apparently they do business in a place and time when the internet does not exist? They're using sales tactics that should have been shown the door close to 10-15 years ago. Everything is, "let me check with the manager" style of buying a car and it just wears you down. I was there for over 2 hours before I had my trade-in looked at, and once they looked at it I was completely low-balled. At which point I pulled out my trusty print outs of my cars value from KBB.com, and said, "this is my number when pointing at them." Which they claimed they could not meet after having several "manager" conversations and told me I was reading the KBB print out wrong. So I left and went to another dealership and was in and out in about an hour and a half with a new car and the full KBB value of my trade. My advice would be to avoid their antiquated buying process and save yourself a little time by going somewhere else.

EXTRAORDINARY

by from Minneapolis, Minnesota |

Absolutely profession and and painless. I made an appointment by phone was received with courtesy and professionalism, processed in expeditiously, called when service was completed and out-processed in two minutes. I have never had better service.

Swift, efficient, and great service

by from Plymouth, MN |

I bought a car after looking at it for one day at this dealership. Kader Elouardighi is a kind, devoted, and great person who helped me to select the best of cars within my budget. Together with his crew, they provided me with all the answers I needed to make an informed decision on my car and made getting rid of my old, run down car a breeze. Thank you for the excellent service and I look forward to getting to know the crew better in future encounters.

Luther Westside VW responded to this review

April 8, 2015

Thank you for your business and valued feedback!

Westside VW very helpful and no hassles...

by from Otsego MN |

Westside VW was a very good dealership to work with. To begin with, there was no push or shove into buying a car and it was actually fun to work with the salesman we had who knew his cars and what to expect. The salesman went thru everything we needed to know about the service agreement and waranty coverage because we wanted to make sure being that it was a 2 year old car. The only downside is that like all car buying with any dealership, it takes time to fill out the paperwork. In the end, we were very happy with the car we purchased and the salesman who helped us. VW has a good product these days and that is what interested us the most but it's very important to have a dealership to work with that knows how to treat customers.