Borton Volvo

Service 866-691-6420

Dedicated to Excellence Since 1957

Gene Kaganovsky

by from St. Cloud, MN |

In 2010, we were encouraged by a relative to check out the Volvo family of cars when looking for a good, reliable upscale car. Upon entering Borton Volvo my wife, daughter, and I met Gene. He proceeded to inform us on the specific characteristics of various models. We found Gene to be very informative and patient with us. He answered all our questions and since he was knowledgeable and patient with us; along with the financial figures his pencil came up with, we bought our first Volvo. Upon leaving (with smiles on our faces) I remember mentioning we would be back in the future. Well, today, 4/17/2014, we purchased our 3rd Volvo from Gene. Because we found Gene dependable and personable, my wife and daughter purchased Volvo #2 without any input from me; and I just purchased Volvo #3 over the phone from Gene by myself for my wife. She knew the exact model she wanted, but she didn't see the car before I drove it home. She is ecstatic about the car. I highly recommend Gene as your salesperson at Borton Volvo. John who does the financial paperwork is excellent, too.

new car buyers from mpls

by from Mpls, MN |

We purchased our first Volvo some 20 years ago from Borton. That's when we first met Gene Kaganosky. Not your average car salesman. He was very polite, friendly, extremely knowledgable, and patient in answering every one of our questions. We ended up buying a beautiful Volvo Wagon which we drove for at least 10 years. On our second visit to Borton Volvo, we were pleased to find Gene again. He did it again, and sold us our second Volvo which we have been driving for about 9 years. Last week we paid Gene a third visit at Borton Volvo. His many years of experience have served him well, he knows these cars like an expert and speaks of them with great enthusiasm every time. Yes, once again he found us an amazing new car at an amazing price. It has been such a pleasure to deal with Gene over the years. He hasn't changed a bit - still the best in his field.

Sales & Service Borton Volvo Sales Gene Kaganovsky

by from Minneapolis |

I have purchased three Volvos (S80 & 2 XC60's) from Borton Volvo working with Gene Kaganovsky. He is a great salesperson to work with if you need a car. He is very knowledgeable and patient as you work through your process. He has the desire to get you the car you want/need so you will continue to use him for the future. The last purchase was worthy of passing on a great review, total delight (which is higher than satisfied). I don't think you will be disappointed, give him a try.

Excellence personified!

by from Golden Valley, MN |

We've owned Volvos since the late 1960s, and we've always purchased them from Borton Volvo, so we've dealt with several decades worth of salespeople. Gene Kaganofsky ranks above them all. He took us through the overseas delivery purchasing process step by step, being careful to explain what each involved and which options were available. When he needed to check with Volvo USA on a point, he did it promptly. Once we had completed our purchase, he checked back with us to see that the travel arrangements made through Volvo were moving along. If there was any 'hitch,' he was quick to straighten it out. When our S-60 arrived from Gothenburg, he went over the basic operating instructions in the same manner noted above. We know that he's received lots of highly positive reviews. Here's another. He's terrific!

Poor PPI

by from Mpls MN |

My son bought a used Volvo at a different dealer. We took the car to Borton Volvo for a pre purchase inspection (PPI). They did identify one problem. We bought the car, then took it my trusted neighborhood mechanic and he found MULTIPLE problems not identified by Borton Volvo. I hard PPI done at the Volvo dealer assuming they were familiar with the car and what to look for. Big mistake by me. Now it's going to cost $3k + in repairs. Wish I knew that going into the deal. Don't waste your money with PPi at Borton Volvo

Gene Kaganovsky Top Sales Person at Borton

by from Minneapolis, Minnesota |

I just bought my fourth Volvo from Gene. He is professional, knowledgeable, honest, sincere, and reliable. I drive a Volvo because of their outstanding safety record. Follow through and customer recognition are very important to me; Gene takes incredible pride in the product and he values his customers. I have known him for a decade in his capacity as the sales person at the Golden Valley Borton Volvo; he will get you in the right vehicle and his approach is fast, sincere, and honest. He gets you the best price and then insures that you are totally satisfied with your purchase. In the Finance Dept,, John Dondlinger, gets the best number and makes the purchase very easy. Finally, once you drive away in your new Volvo, the Service Department will always be there to provide superior customer oriented care for your vehicle.

Outstanding buying experience

by from Golden Valley, MN |

Loved our purchase experience at Borton. Gene Kaganasky made the process simple and painless. This was our first new car purchase in quite some time, and he made sure we were getting what we needed, and found what we wanted, even though it wasn't in Borton's current stock. We don't hesitate recommending this dealership to our friends and family.

Gene Kaganovsky was incredibly helpful

by from Minneapolis, MN |

Car buying can sometimes be an awful experience or sales people can be pushy, but we had the pleasure of working with Gene Kaganovsky at Borton Volvo in Golden Valley and it could not have been smoother or more pleasant. Gene was friendly and helpful, and truly wanted us to find the car we would enjoy most. We test drove two models twice and he and John from the Finance department made the buying process incredibly easy. We love our new S 60 and could not be happier. We will absolutely return to Borton Volvo and look forward to working with Gene and John again when this lease is up.

Great experience

by from Rochester, MN |

We bought a new Volvo from Gene Kaganovsky (and John in financing). The process was very smooth and efficient. The facility is in the process of upgrading and streamlining 2 locations into 1. We went to Gene based on friends' recommendations. We had already researched Volvo pretty extensively, so came ready to buy. Gene outlined our available choices and was very to work with on this deal.

Gene K, the outstanding salesman

by from Minneapolis, MN |

I was pleased with the facility, the knowledge of the salesman, the time he took, his pleasant manner, and would recommend him to a friend or family.

Exceptional customer service by Gene Kaganovsky

by from Edina, MN |

I went to the Golden Valley Borton Volvo location as I read on-lne about the excellent customer service provided at that location. I also heard positive things about Gene Kaganovsky, the lead sales person there. I was so fortunate that he happened to be there that evening and he was the sales person who helped me through the process. I was trying to determine whether to purchase or lease a 2014 Volvo S60. He explained the value of both options. He went through both options with me in detail, and eventually gave me what I thought was a fair price on the car. I decided to lease the vehicle. Although I received a fair price on my trade-in, I felt I should have negotiated for a better price - but I chose not to. I never once felt that Gene was trying to take advantage of me, manipulate the price of the car or monthly payments, or pressure me to make a decision. This is a rare quality in a sales person. He is the best of the best - one of a kind in this business. Since I leased the car two days ago, Gene has been very willing to continue to answer my questions about the car. He promptly returns phone calls and patiently answers my questions. He is very knowledgeable about his product and is willing to share that knowledge with his customer.