Rudy Luther Toyota

Used 888-244-0547
Service 888-854-5553

Fast,informative,pleasant.

by from Cottage Grove,Mn |

I inquired online about a particular car.I was contacted within 5-10 minutes.He answered my questions & offered more info besides.He even offered a closer dealership to test drive the model car I was interested in.And he followed up with a phone call & email. It was only my first day car shopping, but he was helpful & pleasant.

Great sales and disappointing service

by from Minnesota |

My sales person was friendly, capable and solution oriented. She went out of her way to answer questions and get me fair pricing. I would buy from her again. I was a little surprised no one mentioned an extended warranty, which I might have purchased. I returned to have an issue on the car looked at and the service department staff said the problem was not fixable, along with some other misinformation. So, I googled the problem and found the solution myself. I will be taking it to another Toyota dealer for repair, miles out of my way, because I want a repair person working on my car that knows the problem and how to fix it. I now have a trust issue with the service department at Rudy Luther Toyota. Repair people should always know more than the customer when it comes to fixing their car brand.

2012 Avalon

by from Minneapolis MN |

Kris Fox helped us and made the experience most enjoyable. My wife is very pleased with this car.

Rudy Luther Toyota Scion Experience

by from MInneapolis, MInnesota |

I e-mailed the dealership to tell them when we would be coming for a test drive. A salesperson had been assigned and the car was waiting outside the door. Both the salesperson and the business office were efficient and friendly. There was absolutely no pressure. We were asked if we were interested in an extended warranty or other options, and when we declined, they were never mentioned again. I hate buying cars, but this was almost a pleasant experience.

Everything went fine

by from Rochester, MN |

The interaction with the internet salesperson went well. Didn't have a lot of time for me at the show room as it seems he was doing the work of three people. The other internet salesperson was busy discussing his fantasy football team draft. The car was cleaned up very well, inside and out, and I was very happy with it. The only thing I can complain about is the fact it took three repeated requests to get the car filled with gas before I left the lot. Each person told me it was done, when it fact it never was. Had to go back after closing to get a salesman to take me to a gas station to fill it up.

Great Experience

by from Andover, MN |

I had a great experience with the staff at Rudy Luther. The salesman and I emailed back and forth and got all of the questions answered and the deal setup. Stopped in that night and picked up the car. The only issue was the delivery process, which took a couple of hours, but the car was worth the wait.

My First Experiance with Rudy Luther and Last

by from Binghamton, NY |

Just wasted 2 weeks on a vehicle. Found the listing for it on Cars.com, emailed them, got no response. I finally called and they set me up with salesman Billy. I wanted pictures of the car as it was a fresh trade and they didn't have any on the site. It took days to get pictures and he sent me 3. He told me they ship cars all over the US and even have to Russia and Africa. I asked for more pictures as I'm purchasing it site unseen, I never received them. I contacted Billy again to make a deal on the car after getting all the information I could on it. As I'm trying to make a deal on it and set up to have a shipper come pick up the car, Billy informs me they are only selling to bordering states as they've been having titling issues. First thing I told them I was from New York and it was them that had given me the idea to ship the car it instead of flying out and driving it home. I even talked to the manager Alex and he said he would call me the next day, still have yet to receive that call. I'm really glad they own 31 dealerships because I wouldn't try to purchase a sandwich from them. The most incompetent people I've ever dealt with, I've never had such a problem trying to purchase a vehicle.

Horrible Saleswoman

by from Eagan, MN |

I had the worst car buying experience ever at Rudy Luther Toyota in Golden Valley, MN. The sales woman 'Kelly" wasn't knowledgeable and was inflexible on giving me a couple of days to pick up the car even after we gave her a down payment. When I went for a test drive, she screamed with fright -- I am a very cautious driver and I don't know why she screamed. When we picked up the car (used vehicle) we noticed that the rear view mirror was loose and could easily fall off. This was supposedly a certified used car with only 11,000 miles on it. Once I got the vehicle home, I noticed that they did a bad job on cleaning up the car. This is my second and last bad experience with this dealership.

Never again

by from Shakopee, mn |

We went in to buy a new Rav4 on a Saturday. We knew exactly what we wanted when we walked in, colors, model, everything. It took forever for Ernesto to tell us they didn't have one in the color I wanted, he kept trying to push different ones on us that we did not want. Finally he said it would have to be sent in but it would be there by the end of the week and the manager would call us Tuesday morning to give us an exact date. Tuesday afternoon we called, we were told we would get a call back within the hour. 4 hours later I called. Back and Joelle said they were busy so no one had a chance. I spoke with a manager and he did have someone call me back and I thought we were set. Then they said it would be 10 more days until the car came in, unless I wanted a more expensive model! They do not email or call when they say they will, I would never ever deal with the people at this location again.

already disapointed with customer service

by from Golden Valley, minnesota |

We traded in our 2007 Corolla this week for a 2013 Rav4.We had horrible service 4 years ago at this dealership (kept our car for 4 days and never fixed the problem,,,) thought we would give them a try. The salesman was very informed but obnoxious in his sales techniques. If I heard "I am being brutally honest" one more time I would have thrown up my lunch. All we heard was how in 2009 every job at the dealership was looked at with scrutiny, to provide the best customer service. In 30 minutes we had driven and chosen the Rav4 we wanted.... 4 1/2 hours later we walked out the door... waaaaaay too long. We purchase all the optional extended service and appearance packages. Two days later I called to set up an appointment to bring the car in for the installment of the appearance package. I left a message for the appropriate person. Never received a call back. HMMMMMMMM wondering how future interactions will be. Will update!

Unhappy Canry guy

by from Eagan, mn |

Before you buy your Camry, hope you read this. A 2012 Camry is a cold car, meaning slow to heat up. If you do a lot of stop and go driving, it won't a ever heat up, so when you start, don't stop for a while. Dealer says, that's the way it is. I haven't had a car this cold in 15 years (my last Camry - just thought in 15 years they would have fixed it). Second, MPG in city is pretty bad (highway is pretty good). Dealer also says that's the way it is. Third, Rudy advertises loaner cars(Certified Warranty), but just found out a rental charge to check out the low MPG &cold start . RL is off 394 &169' I live in Eagan. I don't even get a ride home. My salesman suggested I go to Inver Grove and make it their problem. Not much "love" at this Dealership. Al