Rudy Luther Toyota

8805 Wayzata Blvd, Golden Valley, MN 55426

New 866-840-1249 New 866-840-1249
Used 888-244-0547 Used 888-244-0547
Service 888-854-5553 Service 888-854-5553

Rudy Luther Toyota has a large selection of New, Used or Certified Used Toyota vehicles!

Very Disappointing Service! Warranty Issue?

by from Plymouth, MN |

After having a "routine" service check at 25,705 miles that included rotating tires and brake linings/drums & pads/discs inspected which were all in the "green" level check by the service technician, I noticed a rubbing noise coming from the rear wheel on passenger side suddenly one day and it continued to get worse until it was an out and out grinding noise. I called the dealer and asked to have it looked at but couldn't get an appointment for a week....but the damage of course, was already done. The advisor told me it was a brake issue where the pad had apparently come loose and twisted "somehow" and the pad wore down severely enough to start grinding on the rotors. He said both rear rotors needed to be replaced as well as the pads as they ONLY COME IN PAIRS to the tune of about $450! I asked how this could have happened in such a short time as supposedly they were checked and found to be OK less than 2500 miles ago and he replied, "it just happens". I told him this was not a satisfactory answer in my book. He said if I don't have the work done it could result in loss of braking power at a critical time. Anyway, I'm thinking that this should have definitely been a warranty issue. This is not a normal wear and tear issue.

disappointing 45,000 service experience

by from Golden Valley, MN |

I dropped off my car at Rudy Luther Toyota in Golden Valley for its recommended 45,000 mile maintenance. This includes things like the inspection of the brakes, fluid levels tire rotation etc. Following the service they park the cars in one of their lots outside which means they have to drive the car following its servicing. When I started up the car the tire pressure low indicator was on. I drove back into the service area where they verified there was an issue. They added air to each tire resolving the problem. The service tech missed this ? After returning home I was refilling my wife?s wind shield washer reservoir and out of curiosity I checked mine. Well it was low thus I had to add solution to the reservoir. This was supposed to be taken care of as part of the 45,000 service ? So with these items missed I thought it best to review my service invoice. Sure glad that I did. On the invoice was a charge for an oil change labor parts etc. This is not part of the 45,000 mile maintenance. As I have synthetic oil and am not scheduled for this until 50,0000 miles. I called Rudy Luther Toyota they pulled up the invoice and explained to me the oil was not changed. It appeared on the invoice due to a ?computer glitch?. They said they would credit my charge card for the oil. Believe me I will verify this when my credit card statement arrives. After I hung up I thought they should refund the oil change labor charge also, I should have called them back but ?.but I didn?t at this point I was exhausted and just gave up.. Will I go back in the future to Rudy Luther for service ? Would you ?

Great sales and disappointing service

by from Minnesota |

My sales person was friendly, capable and solution oriented. She went out of her way to answer questions and get me fair pricing. I would buy from her again. I was a little surprised no one mentioned an extended warranty, which I might have purchased. I returned to have an issue on the car looked at and the service department staff said the problem was not fixable, along with some other misinformation. So, I googled the problem and found the solution myself. I will be taking it to another Toyota dealer for repair, miles out of my way, because I want a repair person working on my car that knows the problem and how to fix it. I now have a trust issue with the service department at Rudy Luther Toyota. Repair people should always know more than the customer when it comes to fixing their car brand.

Unhappy Canry guy

by from Eagan, mn |

Before you buy your Camry, hope you read this. A 2012 Camry is a cold car, meaning slow to heat up. If you do a lot of stop and go driving, it won't a ever heat up, so when you start, don't stop for a while. Dealer says, that's the way it is. I haven't had a car this cold in 15 years (my last Camry - just thought in 15 years they would have fixed it). Second, MPG in city is pretty bad (highway is pretty good). Dealer also says that's the way it is. Third, Rudy advertises loaner cars(Certified Warranty), but just found out a rental charge to check out the low MPG &cold start . RL is off 394 &169' I live in Eagan. I don't even get a ride home. My salesman suggested I go to Inver Grove and make it their problem. Not much "love" at this Dealership. Al

Exceptional Customer Service

by from Golden Valley, MN |

Linda Phang met us at Express Lube on Oct. 17 at 1pm for an oil change on our 2008 Prius. We mentioned a problem with our 2002 Camry with 96,000 miles. She listened, suggested possible solutions, and was able to get the Camry into service that afternoon. She got us a rental car and kept us informed on maintenance progress. The Camry wasn't ready until late afternoon on Oct.18. Linda was friendly, knowledgeable, courteous, and delivered exceptional customer service.

Excellent Service Repair and Care

by from Minneapolis |

Thank you for being thorough and patient for isolating the issue with our repair which was computer and transmission related, accurate with the estimate, and applying the necessary warranty which we never even thought of or considered. We will remain faithful for this service experience.

Great

by from Minneapolis |

Thorough and competent. I have had everything from oil changes to full transmission replacements done here. Great service and great customer service.

Oil Change

by from Eden Prairie, MN |

very good customer service. The representative was polite.

Service at Luther Toyota, Golden Valley

by from St Louis Park, MN |

Everyone at this dealership are wonderful. They really know their business. That's why I take all my concerns to them.

We are new in town and glad to have found them!!

by from Eden prairie |

What a great place! My husband arrived before I did when I took my car in for service, and they treated him very well while he waited for me ( we are new in town and I was lost.) the four staff people we spoke to were warm, courteous, and friendly. The work was done in a timely manner, thirty dollars less than the quote. The car was cleaned and vacuumed! We recommend them highly