Carlson Toyota

12880 Riverdale Dr NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55448

New 866-691-8603
Used 888-822-5402
Service 866-982-1721

Just What You're Looking For!

Chevy Cruze Purchase Experience

by from Lino Lakes MN |

I was shopping for a car for my girlfriend. I was looking at a 2011 chevy cruze they had on the lot. I called before I came in and talked with Ken Langham which than became my salesperson. I got to the dealer and the car was pulled up and washed. I than took it for a test drive with Ken. Ken was very helpful in answering my questions. He also worked with me on the price. You don't get to many salesman like that anymore. Overall my girlfriend ended up purchasing the cruze thanks to Ken. He was one of the nicest salesman I have ever worked with and you can tell he is there for you not there to just sell you a car. He is very good at meeting the needs of the customer. You can tell he loves his job. I would highly recommend Carlson Toyota and especially KEN to be your salesperson

Carlson Toyota responded to this review

January 9, 2015

Zach, Thank you for your great review. We enjoyed working with you as well and hope you are enjoying your new car. Thanks again! Dave Nixon

2015 Tundra

by from Springbrook,WI |

We had the pleasure of working with Nick Froemming as our salesperson. Until we picked up our Tundra all of our dealing was conducted through emails and phone calls. Nicks attention to our questions and requests for options was timely and accurate. I had never purchased a vehicle sight on seen before but Nick made the process easy. I watched as our truck was prepped and the attention to detail was obvious. This is our 5th Toyota and thanks to Nick and the staff at Carlson Toyota we will be back in the future.

Could NOT be happier!

by from Andover, Mn |

I had been searching for a vehicle for my daughter for 2 months. The last used vehicle that I had purchased was from another local dealership and I was trying to work with them. The salesman was trying to work with me but his "manager" was a different story. I knew I was no longer interested in purchasing a vehicle at that dealership and it was time to move on. I searched vehicles on the Carlson Toyota's website and found a vehicle I wanted to test drive. I sent a message through the website and Jihan Moore in sales, contacted me very quickly with regard to the vehicle. Within 2 hours I was at the dealership meeting with Jihan and test driving the vehicle. Jihan was VERY knowledgeable, professional, patient and kind. The used car manager (who I also met and was also very kind) and Jihan worked with me. I ended up purchasing the vehicle at a VERY reasonable price. I then had the pleasure of meeting with John Weiss "the finance guy" who was also amazing! He moved things along very expeditiously. His professionalism and sense of humor is second to none! I have already told Jihan I will be back to Carlson Toyota when we purchase our next vehicle. Thank you Carlson Toyota - seriously, you are the best!

Amazing service !!

by from Ramsey mn |

Me and my boyfriend just bought a 2015 corolla and we worked with Kelly Rogers , she was absolutly amazing ! I honest could not have asked for better sales person ! When we bought the car , somehow there was a little scratch on the winshield and they noticed it before we even did and were already talking about when we can schedual a time for them to fix it for free ! I honestly could not give them a better review ! Another reason why they were amazing is because we bought the car on jan 1st so most insurance company's were closed due to the holiday so we were sitting around for 3 hours trying to figure out insurance stuff and they were so polite in asking us how things were going and If we needed anything ! And one thing we really loved about Kelly is when they first brought the car up for final look threws , it got a little dirty from sitting outside in the snow for a couple minutes , and Kelly told them to take it back because it was not clean enough yet , (it was not the cleaning people's fault , it was because it was outside) HIGHLY RECCOMAND KELLY !!! Won't go to anyone else in the future !

Horrible Experience

by from Eau Claire, WI |

Horrible experience that still makes me furious to think about. A summary of my experience: 1. Basically had to drag a salesperson out to talk about the vehicles 2. The person hardly new their own vehicles and inventory. 3. The salesperson wreaked of cigarette smoke -- I initially thought it was the car and refused to consider it. The salesperson told me it was just him and turns out, it was. 4. The negotiating process is ridiculous as they always had to consult their boss in the 'back room'. 5. I had to wait more than an hour an a half after signing so I could speak with the high-pressure condescending extended warranty person. 6. After being told no multiple times, the final salesperson continued to draw out his condescension toward my spouse and I. 7. The final salesperson convinced us we had to get truck plates instead of using our traded in plates. When our plates arrived they weren't even truck plates! I would absolutely stay away from this dealership. Toyota makes a great vehicle and it is unfortunate that I had such a terrible experience trying to get one.

Carlson Toyota responded to this review

January 11, 2015

Hello. My name is Dave Nixon and I am the General Sales Manager at Carlson Toyota. I received your review and would like to apologize for your experience. We take great pride in doing an excellent job for each and every client and sorry you did not feel you received that same experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss it further and thank you for your business. I may be reached at 763-427-3200. Dave Nixon

Purchased Used Vehicle

by from Coon Rapids, MN |

The receptionist/phone contact was terrible; however direct contact with salesman, Blong Vang, financial, etc. was excellent. The vehicle and customer service turned out to be better than we had expected. The salesman went above and beyond to make things right.

Successive

by from Hopkins, MN |

Was working with two sales persons, manager and billing man. Was changing my mind, but people were understanding.

Go see Wendell Harren!

by from Blaine, MN |

I was trading in my old Jeep. I was a little worried at first because they offered almost half of what my car was worth. However, Wendell understood where I was coming from and worked to get to a fair trade-in price. He clearly showed me that he wanted to earn my business. Besides all that, Wendell was an absolutely professional the entire time. We went on a test drive, and he talked me through the car. He gave me info on the previous owner and showed me the carfax. When it came time to get all the paperwork done for the loan and the trade in, Wendell was really friendly and made the process worry-free. He was friendly, personable, knowledgable, and earnest. I would go back and work with Wendell again! The dealership itself look brand new, despite being 8 years old (the building anyway), so you can tell they take care of it. All the other salesman around seemed like genuine people just wanting to get people into good cars for them. (I visit a lot of dealerships in the Minneapolis metro area, and this is one of the best) Go to Carlson Toyota and ask for Wendell Harren.

Used Car Purchase at Carlson Toyota

by from Maple Grove, MN |

Jihan Moore was our sales associate. She was very knowledgeable and courteous in helping us find the exact vehicle we were looking for.

Great Service,Great Dealer Ship

by from White Bear Lake MN |

Found a great used car and the process was quick and simple.

Camry XLE Purchase a Positive Expérience

by from visiting a relative-from Seattle, Wa |

Wendell Harness took care of us throughout the process and explained everything including at length the operating systems of the vehicle to someone who had not purchased a car in many years. Dave Nixon-The Manager was also attentive and professional throughout the transaction