Carlson Toyota

12880 Riverdale Dr NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55448

New 866-691-8603
Used 888-822-5402
Service 866-982-1721

You're going to love it here!

The Problems Only Get Worse

by from Blaine, MN |

I purchased my 2010 Camry V6 through the fleet department at my credit union. I have had it serviced at Carlson Toyota because live in Blaine. Last January, my car was in for over night service. I pick it up the next day around 5 pm. It had snowed 7 inches and they had just cleared the parking lot. A young man went to get my car and bring it to the front door where I was. The young man got in my car and drive past the oil change bays. He did not brush off the 7 inches of snow off my car. He didn't even brush off the windows! Literally drive my car across the parking lot and could not see! I went and got a service manager and explained what the young man did. Really? I spent 20 minutes scraping my windows. I guess I should be glad he didn't hit any vechiles driving across the lot. Unreal. I have had numerous issues with this dealership. Brought the car in for the same front end "clunk" 3 times. They could never find the problem but Luther Toyota did. No clunk. Weird. My car is bright white. On 5/10/14, I bring my car in for an oil change and tire rotation. I get my car back. On the hood of my car is 2 large male adult hand prints in oil. I go back in to the dealership to ask them to remove it. Seriously. Then I get in to my car and is oil is all over the steering wheel and the shifter. I do not expect shotty work from Toyota. I am done with this dealership.

Dishonest service technician. Never going back!

by from St. Paul, MN |

I brought my new Rav4 in for oil change and tire rotation. Lo and behold, the service guy tells me I have 4 punctures in my tire and it must be replaced. And since it's all wheel drive, I will need 2 new tires for a total of $550. So, I believe him and give the okay to order the tires. An hour later, I reach my husband who declares the story nonsense and tells me to go to Discount Tire for a second opinion. The outcome? Only 1 puncture, which Discount Tire repaired for free. Had I needed 4 new tires, the best tires Discount Tire sells would have cost under $400 installed! I believe I was lied to and taken advantage of because I am a woman. Are we back in the 80's? After buying 2 new cars here, we will never be able to trust them again.

Great Experience

by from Deephaven, MN |

We had a great buying experience. Lots of attention from all dealership staff, clean and pleasant environment, and a good deal on our new van.

Poor Customer Service!!

by from Coon Rapids, MN |

I drove around the lot 5 times, right past the showroom door. I stopped twice to get out of my vehicle to look at a couple of their vehicles for sale. I was never approached by a sales person. If you own an older vehicle, and are looking for "pre owned" vehicles, don't bother shopping at Carlson Toyota of Coon Rapids. They don't care about that kind of clientele.

poor 2nd experience

by from Minnesota |

Let us tell you about our 2nd purchase at Carlson Toyota. Keep in mind the 1st time was a bit of nightmare and don't get me wrong I do have somewhat high expectations when I am spending my money. I want good quality product knowledgeable staff with good communication skills and follow through. My 1st experience was not good but they worked hard to keep my business and after using their service center over the last 2 and half years I felt it was worth giving them a second opportunity when looking to make our next purchase. We purchased a 2013 Toyota Sienna Limited Awd on June 29th we ordered 3m film and Auto Armor wanted to protect our large investment. We also paid to have a receiver hitch installed $300 (same hitch online $160 & 20 minutes to install) figured hassle free let them do it. We went to pick up our New Sienna after being told it was ready 9 days later keep in mind 1 Sunday and 1 day was the 4th of July we get there the new car is filthy we had to wait 3 hours for them to "clean it" and it was still dirty. Asked the rep was the auto armor done and he said yes. Also the wiring harness for the tow package was not installed and on top of all of that they misplaced the bluetooth headphones for the dvd unit. Okay it is not going well. We drive it home for the night and decided I don't believe the auto armor was installed and go back the next to only find out it was not. So I was told it would be 2 days process and guess what 4 days later keep in mind no communication was done from the dealerships it was me texting my sales rep. we get the Sienna back still no wiring harness but at least they they treated the car and cleaned other than a stain on the headliner oh yea they fixed a chip we noticed on the paint as well. This time i noticed that my car which had 33 miles now has 84 miles (t-minus 4 gallons of gas) on it I asked the rep and he said it was treated of property which is weird because our finance guy said it was all done in house, when we purchased it. Well our time and troubles have seemed to be shrugged off. I am not overly mad at my sales man he was a stand up guy but this over all experience has once again made me think twice about Toyota and Carlson, I do not think I will be giving them a 3rd chance. Still waiting to receive my other missing bluetooth headphones and not sure about my wiring harness was told they only have 4 prong not 7 available at this point either would be beneficial because a receiver hitch without wiring it is just a ticket waiting to happen.

Don't waste your time and money here!

by from Anoka, MN |

By far the worst buying experience of my life! Bought a used truck from them and it had many major problems that were stated as in proper working condition under their inspection. They refused to take responsibility for their mistakes and now I'm out over $1000 in repairs. They kept the vehicle for 5 days before I had to call them, I spoke to at least 5 different people to get an answer. Their idea to help me was to quote "give me a good price if I would like to trade the truck in for something different." Carlson Toyota's motto reads, "Your gonna like it here! Its more than our motto, it's a guarantee."...I think not! Please, if you are reading this review, do NOT waste your hard earned money on these crooks. Also, the sales person Roger Thomas is a pushy, shiesty, a-hole. Buyer's Beware!

Like to waste customers time!

by from Minneapolis, MN |

Horrible managers. Had an issue, brought to their attention and was treated & talked to like a 12 year old. Worst buying experience of all of the 16 cars bought in 12 years. WORST!

very pleasant experience

by from St. Paul, MN |

Sarah Persons was very convincing .....did a good job selling us a new PRIUS when we were just "looking" at the vehicles. Nice dealership!

Hot out side. Salesperson kept his/us cool.

by from mpls |

While the temperature hit near 100 on Monday I decided to go shop a few dealers for a new Toyota Rav4. I went to 3 dealers in the area and ended up buying from |Carlson Toyota because of the OUTSTANDING service I received. Not that the other dealers I shopped at were terrible,no. It was that the sales person and staff at Carlson were just "aware" of the details. 1) when I first got to CT the salesperson offered me a bottle water.2) when we decided on the Rav4 I wanted to test drive he insisted that a wait inside while he "cooled off" the Rav4 before we go. 3)The person that appraised my old car took me with and then showed HOW he goes about arriving at the value...step by step. Very cool. 4) the price of the new Rav4 was given with a great discount and I still had the ability to negotiate the value of my old car....(I got an extra $400 because I had extra keys and I informed them I had receipts for a recent brake job). 5) The facility is the nicest I've seen. I waited to do the paperwork and while I waited I could see that the service department was busy,but the customers looked happy and comfortable. Lastly, I would say that Carlson Toyota was the best shopping experience I have ever had........... You have taken the time to read this....take the time to check them out.

Love the place! and Jim Baird

by from Burnsville, MN |

Had a really great experience at Carlson Toyota... particularly with Jim Baird. Incredibly friendly, easy to talk to, didn't pressure, really wanted to understand what I needed and could pay for. Has followed up with me multiple times. Great guy! Great Place! thank you, Jess Elias