Carlson Toyota

12880 Riverdale Dr NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55448

New 866-691-8603
Used 888-822-5402
Service 866-982-1721

Just What You're Looking For!

The place to go, the people to trust!

by from Elk River, MN |

My wife and I recently purchased our third vehicle from Carlson Toyota in Coon Rapids. Once again, we got a great car at a great price, we couldn't be happier! But, we want to let everyone know about Wendell Harren, our Sales and Leasing Consultant. He is extremely knowledgeable, making the process effortless, but he is also a great guy! We always enjoy working with him. If you are looking for a dealership that you can feel good about, and good people who will really take care of you, Carlson Toyota Coon Rapids is the place, and Wendell is your guy! Thanks again Carlson!

Review for purchase of 2015 Rav4

by from Andover, MN |

I worked with Stephen Boulka on the purchase of my new Rav4, and was very pleased with how the whole experience went. He was very informative, friendly, and went into detail on how everything works inside and outside of the vehicle. He also found exactly what I wanted when Carlson didn't have the interior colors that I picked out. I would totally recommend Carlson Toyota, along with Stephen Boulka to anyone who plans on buying a new or used vehicle.

Great experience!

by from Elk River, MN |

I recently leased a 2015 Toyota Corolla. The entire process, from choosing a vehicle, payment process and paperwork, through becoming acquainted with the vehicle was professional and easy. The salesperson, Wendell H was outstanding. He spent over an hour explaining everything to me in a knowledgeable and patient manner. (I am not very technologically savvy!) He even rode with me for a test drive to make sure I was comfortable. I love my new car and am extremely pleased with the entire lease process. Thanks Wendell!

Great Helpful Salesman

by from Anoka, MN |

Preston is a very good salesperson. Not pushy, but knowledgable. He helped my buy the right vehicle (truck). We have bought many units from Preston, a top salesman and a nice guy!!

2015 Tundra

by from Springbrook,WI |

We had the pleasure of working with Nick Froemming as our salesperson. Until we picked up our Tundra all of our dealing was conducted through emails and phone calls. Nicks attention to our questions and requests for options was timely and accurate. I had never purchased a vehicle sight on seen before but Nick made the process easy. I watched as our truck was prepped and the attention to detail was obvious. This is our 5th Toyota and thanks to Nick and the staff at Carlson Toyota we will be back in the future.

Could NOT be happier!

by from Andover, Mn |

I had been searching for a vehicle for my daughter for 2 months. The last used vehicle that I had purchased was from another local dealership and I was trying to work with them. The salesman was trying to work with me but his "manager" was a different story. I knew I was no longer interested in purchasing a vehicle at that dealership and it was time to move on. I searched vehicles on the Carlson Toyota's website and found a vehicle I wanted to test drive. I sent a message through the website and Jihan Moore in sales, contacted me very quickly with regard to the vehicle. Within 2 hours I was at the dealership meeting with Jihan and test driving the vehicle. Jihan was VERY knowledgeable, professional, patient and kind. The used car manager (who I also met and was also very kind) and Jihan worked with me. I ended up purchasing the vehicle at a VERY reasonable price. I then had the pleasure of meeting with John Weiss "the finance guy" who was also amazing! He moved things along very expeditiously. His professionalism and sense of humor is second to none! I have already told Jihan I will be back to Carlson Toyota when we purchase our next vehicle. Thank you Carlson Toyota - seriously, you are the best!

Amazing service !!

by from Ramsey mn |

Me and my boyfriend just bought a 2015 corolla and we worked with Kelly Rogers , she was absolutly amazing ! I honest could not have asked for better sales person ! When we bought the car , somehow there was a little scratch on the winshield and they noticed it before we even did and were already talking about when we can schedual a time for them to fix it for free ! I honestly could not give them a better review ! Another reason why they were amazing is because we bought the car on jan 1st so most insurance company's were closed due to the holiday so we were sitting around for 3 hours trying to figure out insurance stuff and they were so polite in asking us how things were going and If we needed anything ! And one thing we really loved about Kelly is when they first brought the car up for final look threws , it got a little dirty from sitting outside in the snow for a couple minutes , and Kelly told them to take it back because it was not clean enough yet , (it was not the cleaning people's fault , it was because it was outside) HIGHLY RECCOMAND KELLY !!! Won't go to anyone else in the future !

Chevy Cruze Purchase Experience

by from Lino Lakes MN |

I was shopping for a car for my girlfriend. I was looking at a 2011 chevy cruze they had on the lot. I called before I came in and talked with Ken Langham which than became my salesperson. I got to the dealer and the car was pulled up and washed. I than took it for a test drive with Ken. Ken was very helpful in answering my questions. He also worked with me on the price. You don't get to many salesman like that anymore. Overall my girlfriend ended up purchasing the cruze thanks to Ken. He was one of the nicest salesman I have ever worked with and you can tell he is there for you not there to just sell you a car. He is very good at meeting the needs of the customer. You can tell he loves his job. I would highly recommend Carlson Toyota and especially KEN to be your salesperson

Carlson Toyota responded to this review

January 11, 2015

Zach, Thank you for your great review. We enjoyed working with you as well and hope you are enjoying your new car. Thanks again! Dave Nixon

Horrible Experience

by from Eau Claire, WI |

Horrible experience that still makes me furious to think about. A summary of my experience: 1. Basically had to drag a salesperson out to talk about the vehicles 2. The person hardly new their own vehicles and inventory. 3. The salesperson wreaked of cigarette smoke -- I initially thought it was the car and refused to consider it. The salesperson told me it was just him and turns out, it was. 4. The negotiating process is ridiculous as they always had to consult their boss in the 'back room'. 5. I had to wait more than an hour an a half after signing so I could speak with the high-pressure condescending extended warranty person. 6. After being told no multiple times, the final salesperson continued to draw out his condescension toward my spouse and I. 7. The final salesperson convinced us we had to get truck plates instead of using our traded in plates. When our plates arrived they weren't even truck plates! I would absolutely stay away from this dealership. Toyota makes a great vehicle and it is unfortunate that I had such a terrible experience trying to get one.

Carlson Toyota responded to this review

January 11, 2015

Hello. My name is Dave Nixon and I am the General Sales Manager at Carlson Toyota. I received your review and would like to apologize for your experience. We take great pride in doing an excellent job for each and every client and sorry you did not feel you received that same experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss it further and thank you for your business. I may be reached at 763-427-3200. Dave Nixon

Purchased Used Vehicle

by from Coon Rapids, MN |

The receptionist/phone contact was terrible; however direct contact with salesman, Blong Vang, financial, etc. was excellent. The vehicle and customer service turned out to be better than we had expected. The salesman went above and beyond to make things right.

Successive

by from Hopkins, MN |

Was working with two sales persons, manager and billing man. Was changing my mind, but people were understanding.