Elgin Toyota/Scion

Used 888-530-6593
Service 866-443-3140

Run!!Forrest Run

by from Schaumburg IL |

I put the title to imply the quality of this business. These guys are rude, impatient and have no culture. They seriously lack organizational skills, customer service skills and value of being honest. They do not seem to understand a customer is paying 20+ thousand for a new car and would like to explore options, understand which car fits them and get the best price. Their business value lies in being delusional about them having the best price(when other dealers offer better prices for a similar new car) and then being arrogant about their pricing, putting pressure on the customer and finally telling lies about their cars and customers. It doesn't make sense for anyone buying a new car who spend their hard-earned money to go to this dealer. It is really weird that a dealer in 2014 behaves like this. My advice would be just save your time, money and energy to go to one of the multiple dealers with in 50 miles of this dealer.

No games

by from Dubuque, IA |

This was only the second new car that I have purchased, first one in 36 years. I never liked buying a new vehicle - too many games played by the dealer. THIS experience was GREAT from beginning to end. Got a great quote to start the process (internet) and after comparing the quote from Elgin Toyota with my local dealership and another larger volume dealer in Iowa (they weren't even close), I knew the drive was worth it. Saved over $900 by purchasing from Elgin Toyota. The price was good, but the service was even better. I was thoroughly impressed. Erica eased my mind when I questioned the different prices for license fees from the local dealership and Elgin Toyota. She said that they quote a flat rate that is higher than what you actually pay for out of state customers and that my state would refund the difference (so we were getting an even better deal). I had called on a Friday about noon and said that I would need to pick up the car the next day. My local dealer had said that Elgin didn't even have the color of car that I wanted on their lot. Erica had Carlos check with other dealerships and they were able to get the car I wanted on the only day that both my wife and I had off together, so we had one shot to get this right. When we got to the dealership on Saturday, Carlos greeted us and set us up with Robert. Robert was very friendly and showed us everything we needed to know about the new car and even programmed paired both of our cell phones so we could use the hands free feature (state law in Illinois - which I didn't know) and not get a ticket. I can't say enough good things about the whole car buying experience that I received from Elgin Toyota. I am actually looking forward to buying new again and would HIGHLY recommend Elgin Toyota. GREAT people, GREAT prices, GREAT service.

Great Experience

by from Hillsboro, IL |

After doing extensive research online, I contacted several Illinois dealerships to find the car that my husband and I had decided on. Elgin Toyota was outstanding to work with from the first online contact to the business office at closing. We drove 5.5 hours to pick up our car, which seems extreme, but the deal was worth the drive. From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated with customer service that we had never experienced anywhere else. Everyone was so helpful and professional. When considering the deal we were given and the ease of the entire transaction combined with the welcome atmosphere of this dealership, we will definitely go back to Elgin for our next purchase.

Great Service, buying third car from them

by from Lake In The Hills, IL |

This is the third car we bought from Elgin Toyota over the last 10 years. Every time we visited 3 to 4 other dealers before going there. And every time not only we got the best service or the price but we walked out happily.

worst experience ever!

by from elgin , il |

This was the worst car burying experience ever first thing they told me was that they thought I could not afford the vehicle I wanted to purchase .it also Semmes that ever time I've been there to get my car serviced they put a new scratch on it.

Great facility with trustworthy people

by from Schaumburg, il |

Everyone was professional and trustable Dealers helped me get the price that I wanted.

Fast, easy car buying experience

by from Carol Stream IL |

We were very happy with the ease of buying our new Toyota Sienna. We got a great price on a great vehicle. The process went very smoothly and quickly.

great dealer..great management

by from joliet il |

5 stars all the way. I drove 1 hour to buy a vehicle and expected a typical run a round when I got there, but to my surprise it was actually a very pleasant and easy experience. Mike Yorty (sales manager) was great. He is professional and customer friendly. great place overall. I will refer all friends and family to him.

excellent dealers

by from Bartlett, IL |

This was the best prchasing service I got ever. I purchased 2014 toyota corolla from this dealership and Rob Jacobs took care of me very professionally and everyone were very nice and helpful. Rob showed me many different colores he explained me all the new system with bluetooth and he even helped me hookup my bluetooth. This was the first dealership I ever felt like they care about their customers. Also, price was not a game. They gave me the price of the car on the internet and no extra charges were applied except the warranty that I purchased. They also were very honest and that's what I liked about all people who took care of me. Imran, who was the finance officer, was very nice, helpful and very informative about the warranty I purchased. I highly recommend them.

Elgin Toyota/Scion responded to this review

April 7, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at Elgin Toyota with us. We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new Toyota Corolla!

my bad experience at elgin toyota

by from elgin il |

on 2012 I was looking to buy a new car and was interested in a Toyota fg cruiser. I went to elgin Toyota and was treated very well after test drive and long negotiation on price I finaly have the truck. A year and a haft latter I wend back to trade the cruiser for a seguoia omg by the time I get out of the dealer I was feeling like a criminal. The saleman was very rude he never inspect my vehicle, never ask for down , and was pretext after pretext, very loud in from of every one,the embarrassment was so bad that my wife and I get up and left the building so embarrass. This is a good experience for us not to go tru this againg and they want me to recommend this dealer to a friend. Have a good day

Elgin Toyota/Scion responded to this review

March 8, 2014

We are very sorry for any misunderstanding or inconvenience you experienced while at Elgin Toyota. I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please feel free to call my direct line any time,847-628-2845. Thank you and have a great day! - Jenni Tuton