Mankato Motors

Service 877-237-4068

Nice! Just ask around.

Relaxing car purchase

by from North Mankato,MN |

I had a great experience when purchasing our new car, everything was explained in detail. It took only an hour to talk, do a test drive, get a price for our used vechile and start the paper work on a Thursday that we then finished on a Saturday, we had our grandaughter with and she was accepted and treated like royality while we finished the paper work so we could take possesion of the vechile When Travis was showing my wife all the perks in the car our grandaughter was allow to ask questions also so friendly. We have had our vechile a month and I see Travis once a week for my free car wash so it still looks great. When in the market again will be looking Travis up again.

In need of patients

by from Mapleton, MN |

My family stopped in to look at the Mankato Motors lot on a spur of the moment decision and ended up seeing a couple of vehicles that might work for us. We were able to sit down and visit with Joe Bidwell right away and get a feel for what each vehicle we liked would offer us. He allowed us to take test rides to see how they might work in our life. We did not want to get into a rush decision and Joe was very good about answering any questions and giving us the space to think that we needed. We ended up coming in 3 different times, communicating by phone numerous times, and looking at 5 different vehicles before settling our minds on one. Joe and his colleagues were able to explain scenarios from leasing and buying used, to buying new to see which we were most comfortable with and would work best in our lives. They were all very helpful, knowledgeable, and best of all very patient to make sure we were making the right investment.

Knowledgeable, Friendly Service.

by from Owatonna |

I was looking to trade in my car to get a new pickup. I don't know much about trucks (or cars for that matter), and Joe B. was able to answer all the questions I had for him with a lot of patience (most dealers I've come across aren't as patient if you aren't 100% sure what you are looking for). They were very cooperative in trying to find the payment plan that best fit me. After the purchase was complete, he walked me through everything I needed to know about the truck - instruments, mechanical aspects, etc. With the few other cars I've purchased elsewhere, I was never shown all the workings of the vehicle. I would totally recommend them to anyone I know who was searching for a different vehicle.

Quick email response but no follow up

by from Storm Lake IA |

got email response stating that they will contact me with the info, there was no follow up it has been 2 weeks.

Service Was So-So

by from St. Cloud MN |

I found the vehicle online on a Sunday and emailed them a phone number to call me. On Monday, they emailed me rather than calling, and the message went into my junk mailbox. By the time I found the message it was late afternoon. I called them and decided to go test drive it, and stated I was driving 3 hours one way and needed to know the vehicle would be available when I arrived; I was assured it would be. Five minutes outside of town, after nearly 3 hours of driving, I received a phone call saying a customer had taken it out for a test drive while the salesperson was at dinner and they still had it out. The customer was negotiating when I arrived. I waited, and they finally offered and brought out a similar vehicle for me to consider. The other customers declined to purchase the vehicle, which I then test drove and decided to purchase. The purchase process was quick, but they refused to negotiate on the price. They also refused to even put gas in the tank, which was just above empty -- nothing for my time and the frustration they caused. Driving the vehicle home late at night I noticed the speedometer was erratic and then it quit. Hmmmm. I question what they knew and did not disclose. Would reconsider dealing with them again, although so far I like the vehicle.

Inaccurate vehicle inventory may mislead you

by from Minneapolis |

Found a used vehicle for sale from Mankato Motors listed on Cars.com website. I responded to the link they provided on cars.com. I received an automated response indicating that someone would call me back, which they did. They left me a message one day saying to give them a call back for more information/details. The following day I called back and was told that the vehicle I inquired about was already sold and then asked if there was another vehicle I was interested in. Duh..wow...I was interested in that vehicle posted on both cars.com and on mankato motors own website... then asked if I want another? No thanks...it would probably be gone by the time I drove over there. Vehicles must be flying off the lot at Mankato Motors.... better go get one before there all gone!

Smooth and Easy

by from Hutchinson, Mn |

Gave me a trade-in value over the phone and stood by it with no lower offer after test driving. And no pushy salesman.

Monroney Window Sticker on New Truck Incorrect

by from Mankato, Minnesota |

New truck purchased 2010. Called GM to double check tow weights ability and found out we paid for a truck without the STANDARD equipment that the Monroney window sticker said we had. Immediately contacted dealership and GM Corp. Told us nothing we could do. Stickers can be wrong. This was the reason we bought it for a Z85 handling and trailering package and it has none of that. No tranny cooler either. Treatment has been horrible by GM Corp and blaming us for the issue. If we cannot shop and buy a vehicle based on the Federal law governing the Monroney window sticker act how do we really know. Polite with them and they told us go buy another truck. We cannot afford too. Buyer beware; GM knows it is wrong and closed our case.

Great staff and selection

by from Mankato, MN |

I have always enjoyed this lot because of their vast selection of vehicles and if they don't have the model that you are looking for they will get it for you. I worked with Cary this time and was very pleased. I felt no pressure to buy a more expensive car or even buy quickly. He took the time to make sure I got the perfect car for me. Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond the control of the dealer I was unable to purchase a vehicle from them this time around. They will however be my first stop next time I am looking for a car.

GREAT SERVICE!!! Repeat customer.

by from Bemidji, ,MN |

This is the second vehicle I have purchased from Mankato Motors through salesman Jason Steele. I initially purchased a used vehicle three years ago which I have been very happy with. Recently, wanting to upgrade, I contacted Mr. Steele mentioning the fact that I was looking around for a newer vehicle. He went above and beyond finding me the best deal for my budget and even making it possible to purchase my first new vehicle a 2013 Nissan Rogue. I highly recommend working with Jason Steele and Mankato Motors. I have recommended him/them to friends and family who have subsequently purchased vehicles from there and have also been highly satisfied. I will definitely continue to be a repeat customer.

Great Experience

by from Kasota, MN |

I have had great service from Mankato Motors-the entire staff were excellent and very to me. Jason Steele is phenomenal! I leased my first Juke from him and now I am on my second. I never felt pressured, or spoken down to. I recommend this facility and Jason to all my friends and coworkers!