Tyme Auto Sales

Tyme Auto Sales

199 Plymouth Road, Plymouth, MI 48170

Used 866-897-3310

Family Owned and Operated for Over 50 Years!!

Honest, Friendly, and Helpful Dealership

by from Oak Park, Mi |

I've been looking for a commuter car for our youngest daughter and talked to Mark and Aryn at Tyme Auto. We looked at several vehicles in her price range and ended up with a very clean, well-maintained car. Dianne, who handled our paperwork and JR, the owner, were super friendly and saw to it that everything went as smooth as possible!! Our daughter is a very happy car owner thanks to the friendly staff at Tyme Auto Sales.

Would not recommend

by from garden city,michigan |

Bought a car from tyme and had issues second day I had car. Told owner I was unhappy and wish to purchase a different car. He said he would repair the one I had purchase for free .Lasted two weeks and I went back owner said he take care of it.Lasted 3 weeks and owner then told me he would repair it but It would cost because it was pass a month.Afterwards to it to a dealership and found out wrong engine in it.JR would do nothing.

Tyme Auto Sales responded to this review

January 9, 2015

We want to apologize for any problems you encountered with your pre-owned vehicle purchase from Tyme Auto Sales. This is not how we strive to do business with our valued customers. We would like the opportunity to work with you to ensure your overall satisfaction. Please reach out to us at any time. Thank you-J.R. Jones 734-455-5566

Great dealer

by from Ypsilanti, MI |

Brandon was very energetic and helpful. I had very good experience with my test-driving and car shopping!

Great people, super helpful

by from Ypsilanti, MI |

I recently purchased a Jeep from Tyme Auto Sales, and it needed a few minor repairs (mostly cosmetic) that they took care of quickly and efficiently for me. I would recommend this dealership to anyone looking for an affordable used car.

Great Great Great!!

by from northville, mi |

i had a very good experience with tyme! There customer service was awesome, the selection of cars was great! i would highly recommend them to anyone looking in the area. you will not be disappointed!!

Great Dealership!

by from Redford, mi |

Found a good car at a good price. Sales staff was very helpful. Will definitely buy my next car from Tyme!

Response

by from Plymouth, Mi |

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your experience with us. Unfortunately the vehicle you selected did not have enough loan value to finish the deal with the one-thousand dollars down. Nancy said that you had a tentative approval, not a final approval. You simply needed more down than you had available to you, which is fine. Therefore, we tried to help you out by showing you a vehicle that we could get you in for just the one-thousand dollars down. Unfortunately, this vehicle did not meet your expectations. We try to do the best we can, but sometimes things just do not work out. We'd like to try to rectify the situation with you, but we would have to sit down and discuss the matter. -Tyme Auto Sales, Internet Customer Service

Not Bait and Switch

by from Plymouth, MI |

Very satisfied!!!

by from Livonia, MI |

Just bought vehicle #17 from this dealership. I continue going back there because I love the quality of used cars....and if i ever have any problems, i get them fixed fast and at very low cost to me!! Everyone there is friendly and willing to help....and not discriminate against me for my crappy credit LOL... Ive bought there for 20 years, and will continue to refer people there. (:

Bait and switch

by from Livonia, MI |

I went to Tyme Auto to look for a car. I do not have the best credit, and I had heard that this dealership will work to find a loan for you. I should never have come here. On Monday I found a blue Ford Escape that I really liked, and was within my price range. My husband and I test drove the Escape, and we decided to purchase it. It was after 5 PM, so the lady we worked with, Nancy, told us to come back the next day, as the banks were closed. She told me what paperwork to bring, and that I would need to put $1000 down. I spoke to Nancy on the phone on Tuesday, letting her know I would be in on Wednesday to purchase the Escape. She told me I was approved and that the Escape was basically mine. I left work early the next day, withdrew the deposit, and then went to the dealership. Nancy kept asking me if I was 100% sure I wanted the blue Escape, and not the silver Escape. The silver one was a 4x4, V6 (as compared to the blue, which was a 4 cylinder), and had 25,000 more miles on it. I told her that I was 100% sure I wanted the blue Escape and not the silver one. I gave Nancy my paperwork that she had requested (cell phone bill, bank statement, and pay stubs). I had to explain to her in detail multiple times what each piece of paper meant, which was rather concerning to me. Having been in the automotive business for over 30 years (which I was reminded of frequently), I thought she should be familiar with the paperwork I was showing her. She then told me that we couldn't get the car that day because the finance lady had gone home sick. I was a bit irritated, as I had left work early to come in (they could have at least called me). I gave her my $1000 in cash, as I had been told multiple times that the blue Escape was mine. Nancy wrote me a receipt for the money I gave her, with "Blue Escape" written on it. I told her I would be in the next day to take home the vehicle. While I was at work on Thursday, I received a phone call from Nancy stating that I had not been approved for the blue Escape (unless I put down another $1000, which I did not have), but I had been approved for the silver Escape (which would not require any more money down). I asked her why I had not been approved, and I also asked why she had told me I had been approved for the blue one earlier. I also asked what kind of a loan I had been approved for for the silver Escape (length, interest rate, etc). She could not give me any answers and told me that she would have Diane, the financial lady, call me back. Diane called me about 3 hours later, as I was driving to the dealership after work. I let the call go to voicemail since I was almost at the dealership. When we arrived, we noticed that the blue Escape was nowhere to be seen. I asked one of the guys there (his name is Mark) where my Escape was, and he said it was "out for repairs," because, supposedly, it was making a weird rattling noise. I found this odd, as it was not making any noise when we test drove it a few days earlier. I suspect they sold it. Mark also said that there was some issue with financing, at which point I told him that I had been promised I was approved and that I had put down $1000 toward it. Nancy was on the phone or something, so we test drove the silver Escape, mainly to get Mark to shut up about how much better the silver one was (even though he admitted he had never driven it) and how he sells 50 cars a month. We drove the silver Escape a few miles, and immediately noticed a rattling in the rear. It also pulled to the left, and would start to make weird noises once we hit 40 mph. It also wobbled if you moved the steering wheel even a little bit at 40 mph. We pulled the vehicle over and checked it out more. The back left wheel well had a ton of rust, and the runner bar on the driver side almost fell off when my husband stood on it (he is not a large man). He looked under the runner bar and saw that it was almost completely rusted through. We took the Escape back and told them w

2010 Ford Fusion

by from Westland, Mi |

I brought a 2010 Ford Fusion from Tyme Auto. The car runs like new the customer service I received was awesome. They told me if anything goes wrong with the car to just bring it back to them and they would take care of it. I must say they do live up to their word.