D'Arcy Buick GMC

(3.5) 8 Reviews

2022 Essington road, Joliet, IL 60435

Will never buy a Car There again

by from New Lenox, IL |

I bought a 2009 Acadia from D'Arcy just over a year ago. In that time I have had A LOT of things go wrong with this vehicle. Thank goodness it was all covered under warranty because it was a Certified vehicle. After the warranty ran out in March it never seemed like it was fixed totally right. I had at least 5 rentals within a year if that tells you anything. Well, just recently I went to another dealership to look (because I do not like this car) and they ran the vin# to my Acadia and told me it was in an accident!!! I was never told that this car was in any kind of an accident. At the new dealership they ran a "carfax" and that is how I found out. I know it might be the customers responsibility as well as the dealerships but D'Arcy never said anything to me when I was buying it!! Working at a dealership myself I know that they all do it....it is not something "new" that dealerships do. I am very disappointed in D'Arcy Motors and my salesman for not telling me or even running a "carfax". The new dealership did when I was thinking of trading it in. This was my "dream car" for a very long time and when I could finally get one I was so happy. Now, I never wish I would have bought it. I am very unhappy with this GM vehicle and even more disappointed in the dealership I bought it from!! I will never buy a car from here again. I will say that when I had to bring the car in numerous times the service department was very nice.

Service work

by from OTTAWA IL |

Had an absolutely exceptional experience at D'Arcy Buick GMC. What a great team of employees with the most impressive customer service I have ever seen.

Awesome experience!

by from Minooka, IL |

I went into D'arcy's to look at a used GMC truck. I was happy that JR showed me a new Sierra after I inqured about one. I ended up buying a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE. I have received numerous calls inquiring about my happiness in the truck. I appreciate the service and concern D'arcy's has about my satisfaction.

Very happy

by from Minooka |

I visited D'Arcy twice last week, during my first visit I worked with Sales person Jesus Barajas who explained the features on the vehicle to me. I also worked with Sales Manager Luke. However, I did not buy a car that day and instead of giving me the typical brush off after realizing that I was not purchasing a car, Luke shook my hand and politely thanked me for coming in and invited me to come again.(I work in the sales/customer service field and I really appreciated the respect he showed me). I returned to the dealership a few days later and was immediately greeted with a smile and hand shake by Luke who introduced me to Scott Kastrati who took me on my second test drive and instead of asking me a million questions, he shared information about himself.(again, this made me feel at ease and confident that I was spending my money at the RIGHT dealership. I worked with Mike and Bill in finance to finish up the deal. They were very professional, yet still very interpersonal. Lastly, a gentleman by the name of Nick, he found the wireless headsets that came with the vehicle and offered his support if I have any other questions at a later date. There was another sales person who offered his support as well. Unbeknownst to many of the staff, this was our third purchase from D'Arcy Buick and we were treated with the same level of professionalism and care was given years ago. We love D'Arcy!!!!

Terriffic leasing experience....

by from Mokena, IL |

Our Salesman, Giancarlo Frigo made our car search experience very positive for my wife and I. He was not only technically very competent when it came to the product but he is a Gentleman with such a great sense of humor that working with him was also tremendous fun. He is very good at what he does and the next time we are in the market for a vehicle we would definitely go see him again. The D'Arcy GM dealership made us feel comfortable with low pressure tactics and a willingness to listen to what we wanted. Luke, the Sales Manager located the exact combination of options (in another dealer's inventory) that we wanted to pay for and no more....something that we appreciated very much as this was a budget conscious search for us. Bill, the Finance person could not have been nicer and took his time explaining different things to us which were very helpful. Even the young man who prepped our car for delivery had a nice word and a smile for us. Although it is a little out of our way, we are going to give this dealership a try for service work also. If their Service Department is a good as their Sales department we will be well taken care of. Kudos to Giancarlo, Luke, Bill for a job so very well done!

Terrible Experiance

by from Matteson, IL. |

I went in to D'Arcy looking for a Buick Enclave and was going to trade a Cadillac Escalade. They took my vehicle for a ride and went through the whole appraisal process but when we sat down to talk about purchasing an Enclave, they would not even tell me what they would offer me for my vehicle. They asked me if I had visited other dealers and if I was given an offer for my vehicle. I told them that I had not yet. The sales manager told me to go and do my research and then come back. Then they would talk to me about about an offer. They play games and waist your time. I would never recommend this dealership to anyone who is experianced at buying cars. They are looking for the easy pray (People who do are not experianced at buying cars and people they can take advantage of). Do not waist your time.

Great Experience

by from New Lenox, Il |

My last experience with an american dealer was yrs ago and was terrible, so I bought a Honda. Now purchased a GMC Acadia and the entire dealer experience was fantastic. Service area and the way the customer is treated is at or better than any Honda dealer. GM has taken the best of other dealers and improved upon it even more for a completely satisfying experience!

Worst Car Buying Experience I Have Ever Had

by from Lockport, IL |

Worst car buying experience I have ever had I purchased a car from D'Arcy Motors that had to be trailered into the dealership, the Sales Manager lost it in transit or sold it to someone else ( I never got a straight answer from them where my first car went) Sales Manager Mike is in the wrong job. We waited over 2 hours to buy the second car due to a finance rep taking a personal day and only one rep onsite that night. They continually told us it woul be just a few minutes but it turned out to be 2 hours. I had a $100 referral coupon from my last D'Arcy car purchase that the Sales Manager would not honor due to a technicality that was not written on the coupon. They care more about new than existing customers This is the second car I purchased from D'Arcy and expected better treatment being a returning customer, would never return to D'Arcy even for service. Aviod this dealer