Delta Imports

(4.2) 5 Reviews

6025 28th St., Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Delta Imports - Earns our Repeat Business

by from Grand Rapids, Michigan |

Just completed the purchase of a 2013 Audi S4 from Delta Imports. This is the second car Delta Imports has sold me in the last 3 years; having purchased a Porsche Boxster in 2011. Prior the that, we also purchased a new 2006 Subaru from Delta and Dion Newkirk. From the first contract to the closing paperwork, Dion Newkirk, Charles Van Wyk, the managers and F&I folks were professional, responsive and fair. The Audi was a special order from the factory and the entire process took over 3 months to complete; giving many opportunities for interaction. Throughout, I was given updates on the build status and expected delivery through regular email updates. The sales experience was no-pressure and the negotiated price was fair without any games. They even found an Audi factory rebate for "conquest buyers" that went into effect after the order was made but before delivery. No promises were made that were not kept. Everyone was helpful and prompt in their responses; going out of their way to make sure everything was friendly. This fair and positive buying experience was a repeat of what happened when the Porsche and the Subaru were bought off the lot. We always service our vehicles at the dealership. It is a bit more expensive than independent shops, but, in our opinion, worth it to have technicians specifically trained on our vehicles. Since we have now owned all of three makes offered by Delta Imports, we have had many experiences with their service groups. Regular maintenance has always been painless with reliable schedules, excellent communication and no nonsense. Warranty repairs can be frustrating. However, Delta has always made the best of it. The repairs were accurately diagnosed and then effectively fixed the first time. Other than never having an issue with the cars, I'm not sure how they could have done better. I highly recommend Dion Newkirk, Charles Van Wyk and Delta Imports if you're in the market for an Audi, Porsche or Subaru.

Easy & Transparent

by from Grand Rapids, Michigan |

My wife and I bought a new Subaru from Caleb and the whole transaction was easy. I had done quite a bit of research on Subarus so I had a decent idea of what I was looking for going in. A However, my wife was a bit in the dark. Caleb did a great job of explaining the different models and laying out the pros and cons of each one as well as helping us decide which would be the best fit for us. The whole process was low pressured and a much better atmosphere than some of the other dealers/brands that we looked at during the car buying process. When we started discussing number, Caleb was very upfront about pricing and even printed off quote sheets detailing all of the numbers. The quote sheet for the lease also included all of the numbers including the money factor, residual, and everything else needed to calculate the payments without me even asking. To me, this was great as I'm a numbers guy. Other dealers will tend to give you the payment amounts for financing or leasing without giving you the details of how they got there. Just as we finished the paperwork, Candace, the business manager, noticed an error in our favor. Rather than sweeping it under the rug, she reprocessed the necessary paperwork and saved us about $50. During the finalizing of the paperwork processes, we were offered the dealer's extended warranties, which we declined. There was no hard sell, more of an explanation of our options. No "your car will blow up after the manufacturer's warranty" pitches. That was refreshing. Caleb as part of the orientation of our new car mentioned that they do sell Subaru accessories but, again, it was in an informative manner rather than "hey, you need to buy all of these aftermarket parts." It wasn't until I asked for an accessories brochure that I received one. Bottom line, if you're looking for an up front, transparent transaction, visit Delta. Like Artie mentioned below, I'll gladly pay a little more for an honest transaction with solid service. I'm hoping for a positive experience with the service center when it is finally time to visit them. A big reason I stopped into Delta, aside from being one of the only Subaru dealers in town, is that a friend of mine has purchased two Subarus and gets all of his service work done at Delta and has been quite happy. The Subarus will sell themselves on their own merits but at least you don't have to play the usual car buying game to get one at Delta.

Easy Buying Experience, Very Good Service, Parts

by from Fremont, Michigan |

We (I and my wife) purchased (2010-new) a Subaru (via Jim V.) at Delta Imports in Grand Rapids. We do not like to haggle and play insane games, so we are glad that we went there and got help from Jim. Everything was simple and pleasant. We could have save a few hundred, I'm sure, by going to Detroit, but we got a fair price without any games. Service has been very good, too. I also ordered some parts (aesthetic), and that department was very good, too. We will probably purchase our next (2013-new) car (very soon) from them; and if we do, it will be through Jim for us, although, the other sales people there seemed sane, too.

They Break the Mold

by from Kalamazoo, MI |

People hate dealerships (see the other post about Delta). But they have provided exceptional service for my Porsche. Their service advisors are first-rate and they have never tried to "upsell" me. Their labor rate is a bit high, but it helps to support the only dealership within a few hundred miles.

Bad News

by from Grandville |

Typical.... dealer! If its not under warranty, don't service your vehicle there!