Delta Imports

(3.7) 7 Reviews

6025 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546

I've Changed My Opinion About Delta

by from Hudsonville, MI |

After our first experience with Delta, my family and I thought we would not return there again to have our vehicle serviced. However, the general manager, Ryan Coe, stepped up and made sure our bad experience was turned around. Our original visit was to have the car hooked up to the computer and to let us know any codes that the vehicle reported, as well as to have the turbos checked for leaking seals. When we arrived, Delta had no record of our appointment, and after waiting a very long time to get our car checked out, we were not provided the information we had requested. Ryan called us at home to apologize, and asked us to come back so that he could make things right. He allowed us to drop the car off the night before, and even offered a free loaner vehicle. We were later given the full diagnosis of the vehicle, and while we were not happy with the estimated cost (expensive), that is not the fault of the dealership. In the end we were provided with the level of service that we expected, and I respect and appreciate the general manager for reaching out to us and making sure we were taken care of properly. I no longer have any reservations about returning to Delta for service of our Audi A6. They have proven to me that customer service is important to them after all, and I would not hesitate to return there to have our car serviced in the future.

Customer Service - These People Just Don't Care!

by from Hudsonville, MI |

Our son recently purchased a used Audi A6, and he knew ahead of time that the car had a few service issues that would need to be fixed. He is a college student, who also works full time, so his time and his money are both very precious to him. My wife and I told him that he needed to start by going to the local Audi dealership and get them to hook the car to their computer to find out what error codes (if any) the car had. We also told him to have the turbos checked, because it looked as though at least one of them was leaking oil. My wife actually called Delta Imports and made the service appointment. She was told that the soonest they could get our sons car in was roughly 2 weeks later. The appointment was made for September 2, 2014, at 1:00 PM. So on Sept. 2, at 1:00 PM, our son shows up at Delta Imports. He is told that they have no record of him having an appointment, but they will do their best to get to him if he wants to wait around. It took roughly 2 hours before they got his car in. He told them that he wanted to know what trouble codes his car may have, and also wanted them to look at the turbos, to see if they felt they needed to be replaced. When the mechanic finished, he talked about control arms being loose, about wiper blades needing replacement, and stated that the battery was technically not the correct size for the car. My son was not presented with a proper list of codes, no quote for what repairs would cost, and the mechanic never even looked at the turbos. The mechanic told my son that he should just buy after-market parts and fix the car himself. Yet he didn't tell my son what parts he needed to buy (we have no idea what control arms are and what the part numbers would be, let alone how to install them ourselves). After spending over 3 hours at this dealership, my son said he was exhausted, and felt like nobody even cared about him or about helping to fix his car. My wife has called the dealership several times, and was told that "...there is no Service Manager." So she was transferred over to an assistant manager named Jason, who promised to get her a list of service codes from the inspection, as well as a quote for having the dealership repair the car. He also said he would see about getting the turbos looked at, but it would be another 2 weeks before they could "squeeze" my son's car into their schedule. It has been 3 days and we still do not have the list of codes, or a quote for repairs. This morning, my wife got a call from the dealership's general manager, Ryan Coe, who informed her that they would NOT take care of the turbo inspection unless we paid for labor, which he estimated would take at least 2 hours. 2 hours to look and see if the turbos are blowing oil past the seals? I guess I will spend 10 minutes taking the hoses off and check myself! Oh, and he said he would check and see what he could do about getting her the codes, and a quote for car repairs. He showed no sign of concern about what my wife told him about how my son was treated. My wife and I are in shock at how poorly this auto dealership treats a paying customer. My son may not have arrived all dressed up in a suit and tie, but he is a hard working young man, working and paying his own way through college, and on top of that he is driving a beautiful Audi A6! Is his money not good enough for this dealership? My son said that he observed other customers, who were well dressed business men, being treated with respect, and yet since he (my son) is just a 19 year old college student, he felt that the mechanic and the service lead were talking and looking down on him. He had an appointment, yet they claim he didn't. He paid good money to have them print him off a list of codes, for electronic problems with the car, and to check the turbos for oil leaks and/or blowing oil into the intake, and to provide him with a quote for needed repairs. Instead, he was told about things the car should have done, like g

Delta Imports - Earns our Repeat Business

by from Grand Rapids, Michigan |

Just completed the purchase of a 2013 Audi S4 from Delta Imports. This is the second car Delta Imports has sold me in the last 3 years; having purchased a Porsche Boxster in 2011. Prior the that, we also purchased a new 2006 Subaru from Delta and Dion Newkirk. From the first contract to the closing paperwork, Dion Newkirk, Charles Van Wyk, the managers and F&I folks were professional, responsive and fair. The Audi was a special order from the factory and the entire process took over 3 months to complete; giving many opportunities for interaction. Throughout, I was given updates on the build status and expected delivery through regular email updates. The sales experience was no-pressure and the negotiated price was fair without any games. They even found an Audi factory rebate for "conquest buyers" that went into effect after the order was made but before delivery. No promises were made that were not kept. Everyone was helpful and prompt in their responses; going out of their way to make sure everything was friendly. This fair and positive buying experience was a repeat of what happened when the Porsche and the Subaru were bought off the lot. We always service our vehicles at the dealership. It is a bit more expensive than independent shops, but, in our opinion, worth it to have technicians specifically trained on our vehicles. Since we have now owned all of three makes offered by Delta Imports, we have had many experiences with their service groups. Regular maintenance has always been painless with reliable schedules, excellent communication and no nonsense. Warranty repairs can be frustrating. However, Delta has always made the best of it. The repairs were accurately diagnosed and then effectively fixed the first time. Other than never having an issue with the cars, I'm not sure how they could have done better. I highly recommend Dion Newkirk, Charles Van Wyk and Delta Imports if you're in the market for an Audi, Porsche or Subaru.

Easy & Transparent

by from Grand Rapids, Michigan |

My wife and I bought a new Subaru from Caleb and the whole transaction was easy. I had done quite a bit of research on Subarus so I had a decent idea of what I was looking for going in. A However, my wife was a bit in the dark. Caleb did a great job of explaining the different models and laying out the pros and cons of each one as well as helping us decide which would be the best fit for us. The whole process was low pressured and a much better atmosphere than some of the other dealers/brands that we looked at during the car buying process. When we started discussing number, Caleb was very upfront about pricing and even printed off quote sheets detailing all of the numbers. The quote sheet for the lease also included all of the numbers including the money factor, residual, and everything else needed to calculate the payments without me even asking. To me, this was great as I'm a numbers guy. Other dealers will tend to give you the payment amounts for financing or leasing without giving you the details of how they got there. Just as we finished the paperwork, Candace, the business manager, noticed an error in our favor. Rather than sweeping it under the rug, she reprocessed the necessary paperwork and saved us about $50. During the finalizing of the paperwork processes, we were offered the dealer's extended warranties, which we declined. There was no hard sell, more of an explanation of our options. No "your car will blow up after the manufacturer's warranty" pitches. That was refreshing. Caleb as part of the orientation of our new car mentioned that they do sell Subaru accessories but, again, it was in an informative manner rather than "hey, you need to buy all of these aftermarket parts." It wasn't until I asked for an accessories brochure that I received one. Bottom line, if you're looking for an up front, transparent transaction, visit Delta. Like Artie mentioned below, I'll gladly pay a little more for an honest transaction with solid service. I'm hoping for a positive experience with the service center when it is finally time to visit them. A big reason I stopped into Delta, aside from being one of the only Subaru dealers in town, is that a friend of mine has purchased two Subarus and gets all of his service work done at Delta and has been quite happy. The Subarus will sell themselves on their own merits but at least you don't have to play the usual car buying game to get one at Delta.

Easy Buying Experience, Very Good Service, Parts

by from Fremont, Michigan |

We (I and my wife) purchased (2010-new) a Subaru (via Jim V.) at Delta Imports in Grand Rapids. We do not like to haggle and play insane games, so we are glad that we went there and got help from Jim. Everything was simple and pleasant. We could have save a few hundred, I'm sure, by going to Detroit, but we got a fair price without any games. Service has been very good, too. I also ordered some parts (aesthetic), and that department was very good, too. We will probably purchase our next (2013-new) car (very soon) from them; and if we do, it will be through Jim for us, although, the other sales people there seemed sane, too.

They Break the Mold

by from Kalamazoo, MI |

People hate dealerships (see the other post about Delta). But they have provided exceptional service for my Porsche. Their service advisors are first-rate and they have never tried to "upsell" me. Their labor rate is a bit high, but it helps to support the only dealership within a few hundred miles.

Bad News

by from Grandville |

Typical.... dealer! If its not under warranty, don't service your vehicle there!