Flood Mazda

220 Old Tower Hill Rd, Wakefield, RI 02879

1 of 1 review

Dishonest car dealer

by from Kingston, RI |

Very nice people, was happy that the local Mazda dealer was able to come up with a competitive price to Mazda dealers further away. Had everything set up and agreed to before the car was transferred from another dealer (stick-shift Mazda5's are hard to find) and options installed. The paperwork they pulled out was *completely* different from the agreed upon pricing and financing. They were trying to finance $1,600 more than what should have been at our agreed to price. They finally came down on that so that I was "only" paying $300 more than the agreed to price, but in the process had to ditch the 0.9% financing I had qualified for a slightly higher rate. The financing and total price including tax, title, and registration fees was part of the original agreement with the salesman setup days in advance. In the end, I paid just a hair more for the car. They blamed it on an inexperienced salesman, but I find that rather difficult to believe. I'm almost positive this was their intended sales tactic in this case. On a plus side, a number of our friends in the area are Mazda owners, and state that the service shop at this dealer is truly top notch. I guess in the long run, having excellent car service is more important than the sales experience. I certainly don't mind paying just a little more for the car if that's what needs to happen, especially for such an affordable car. Being baldly lied to however is completely inexcusable. I would have asked for my agreement in writing if there had been any shred of ambiguity on what we would pay, and what the financing was. The agreement was made crystal clear on multiple occasions with the dealer, and I decided to take them at their word. If you buy here, make sure all agreements are in writing before committing, and double check all the paperwork before signing. They certainly didn't go out of their way to highlight the $1,600 price increase they tried to sneak in there. You can count me exceptionally disappointed. I will never buy another car through Flood Mazda again. Love the car though.

(1-1 of 1 review)