North Suburban Auto Sales

(1.0) 5 Reviews

378 Como Ave, St. Paul, MN 55103

Used 651-489-8898

don't bother

by from saint paul, mn |

I went to the Saint Paul location and was interested in a car, but I was concerned about its quality so I wanted to confirm it with the dealer and perhaps negotiate. The salesman called the general manager, JAN so we can negotiate with him. The general manager was irritated by the fact that we said there is something wrong with the car. He denied and kept saying nothing is wrong with the car and he hung up on the salesman. At this point I was already hesitant about buying a car from an unprofessional dealership. He called back and wanted to talk to me. The first thing he said to me was "what do you want?" I told him I want to negotiate the price and he cut me off saying "not an option. If you don't want it I already have a customer that is going to buy it tomorrow." Very unprofessional and unacceptable. I will not be going back to that place. Don't waste your time.

North Suburban Auto Sales responded to this review

November 3, 2014

Customer wanted to buy the vehicle, there was nothing wrong with it, he wanted me to think there was so he could buy it for thousands less. We inspect all vehicles and price to sell we are generally the lowest priced and offer warrantys with all of our vehicles. We have been in business since 1984...

Hugo, MN Location

by from Menomonie WI |

Was interested in a vehicle from the Hugo location. Called the dealer about 7 times during the week, everytime he answered the phone with a "yeah" or "what" or even hung up on me. Very disrespectful and unprofessional. Asked many questions about the vehicle like; condition, carfax report, engine problems etc.. He said "no problems all checks out good". Will not negotiate one bit, stupid as used cars are ALWAYS, ALWAYS negotiable. Proceeded to get a loan for the vehicle, drove 2 hrs one way to check it out. Started looking over the vehicle and it looked nothing like the pictures online. Dents and damage to one side most definitely from an accident which he didn't mention about from the carfax report. Vehicle was smoked it, white glaze all over windows. He failed to tell me the check engine light was on. Under the hood the powersteering pump was leaking, the front end was leaking gear lube, the A/C unit had a rag zip tied to the lines and the front speakers didn't work. This was only about 20 mins worth of looking at it. PURE DISGUSTED with this guy as he didn't want to waste time negotiating, but he failed to tell me these things as asked and WASTED my time going to look at it. REMEMBER this Hugo shop is a REPAIR DEALER and they forget to REPAIR part in that....GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Horrible Dealer

by from minnesota |

Purchased a car here. They issued a temporary license with the promise that the plates would be mailed to our home. Surprise... no plates and the temp license is about to expire. I contacted the dealer and they said the plates were mailed and it is not their problem. Plates never came. I contacted the Mn Department of Vehicle Licensing and they told me that no one came for plates until the day after I called inquiring the where abouts of my plates. They LIE and treat you horribly on the phone. This dealer is not run with any integrity. They are also guilty of shining up a car to hide flaws that you will only find out about after in rains. They are the PERFECT example of the used car scammer. NEVER buy a car here; the complaints are all over the internet.

Never going back

by from Saint Paul, mn |

Poor service and shady business practices. DO not buy from this place, your sure to regret it.

North Suburban Auto Does Not Stand By Their Cars

by from Amery WI |

They do not stand by their cars. I bought a car there and found that it needed repairs. Got nothing but a run around and when I finally got a date to take the car in I was refused and turned away without any repairs completed. The Dodge Stratus came with all 4 sway bars unattached, the radiator was almost empty, they flushed it and "forgot" to fill it back up, and the rear brake cylinders are bad. They said that they would fix the sway bars and after driving over an hour one way I was turned away and told that they were "done" as well as being called a liar!