CarMax Burbank

1000 S. Flower St., Burbank, CA 91502

Used 818-736-4722

Don't Go to CARMAX

by from Woodland Hills, CA |

This is the WORST experience I have ever had with a company. I purchased a vehicle at the CarMax Burbank location 9/14/13 and today is 1/4/14....I still have no vehicle plates, registration, and my temporary vehicle registration is expired. Carmax has been giving me the run around the entire time blaming the DMV - but it was their negligence of not finishing paperwork that was the hold up. Customer Service and their Finance group has promised to resolve the issue since 12.19.13 - and it has yet to be done. It feels like they are holding me hostage and I have no recourse. I beg you - do not buy from them....save yourself the headache and time you will waste having to call and ask over and over why this has not been completed. Horrible.

Great experience - Columbus, Ohio

by from Pickerington, OH |

First-time CarMax purchase, but it won't be the last. I found a car I liked online at the Columbus Ohio (Sawmill Rd) store on the 4th of July. I clicked the "check availability" link, which said to expect a callback during regular business hours. Imagine my surprise when I got a call 15 minutes later! The consultant, Mike Khurshid, assured me they were working on the holiday, and arranged a test=drive the next day. During the test drive, we noticed a noise in the right front tire. He had their service department check it out the next day, and found the wrong size tires(s) on the car. They replaced all 4 tires with brand-new ones (no additional cost), I test-drove it again. Problem solved, and I took the car home that night! Mike was extremely helpful, in frequent contact to let me know what was happening, but with NO high pressure, or shady sales pitches. I know this was a "small" deal for CarMax (sale was under $10 k), but everyone there made me feel like I was their most important customer throughout the process! I left with my car, and a handful of Mike's business cards to give to all my friends. Thanks!

July 12, 2012

Thanks for sharing this great review. I wish you and your car many happy years together! ~Austin

4Runner shopping at Carmax Burbank

by from ventura, CA |

We made an appointment with two salespeople. When we arrived, one was busy and the other was not there. A third gentleman helped us. He was no pressure at all. In fact, at times, it seemed like he had no interest at all. We took a couple of vehicles for test drives but he spent part of the time texting and was fairly unresponsive in general. On the other hand, the salesperson who was busy that day has been great on the phone and in email responses. It looks like we will buy a car here because of the selection and price.

April 6, 2012

4Runner, we're sorry you were left waiting or felt ignored. That's certainly not the experience we want to give you. Glad to hear you are still considering buying a car from us and that the initial salesperson you contacted is helping. Thanks for your review.

Jorge was GREAT!!!

by from Canoga Park |

I was actually shocked. We knew what kind of car we were looking for and there was no pressure. We will definitely be back for another car later this year!!

March 2, 2012

Thanks for the great review, gcexpress! We're happy you had a good experience at CarMax and that Jorge was a big help. Enjoy your new car!

HORRIBLE SERVICE DEPARTMENT

by from Oxnard, CA |

TERRIBLE SERVICE DEPARTMENT!!!!!! I bought a 2007 dodge caravan with only 25000 mi back in Jan 2011 and I have had to take the car in 4 times to fix the sliding doors since they couldn't fix it right the first time. Then when I took my car into the dealership to get a regular service since I live in ventura county, Burbank is like an hour away and I have a 1 yr old (that's why we bought a mini van). The dealership found that my breaks need to be replaced and at that time it was June 2011 so I was surprised that I had to replace them so soon (I had about 31000 mi) IS THAT NORMAL?? Well my service rep Olivia helped me out and was able to replace the rear break pads and did a service too in Jun 2011. BUT this month Jan 2012 my tire sensor went off and I had low tire pressure so I took it into a local tire place (mountain view tire) and they took a look at my tires and told me my front tires were basically bald, my husband took a look and agreed (he doesn't drive the mini van so he didn't know they were that bad till then and I usually find out about things needing to be replaced when I take my car in for service which is pretty consistently at 5000 mi like when I took the car into the dealership but when I got my rear breaks and service done back in Jun they didn't mention anything to me). So we had the front replaced and Louie at Mt view also recommended the rears need to be replaced soon as well and when they were replacing my front tires they found that my front breaks were very low like at 10%. I was very upset that I took my car in like 6-7 months ago and it was not brought to my attention that I would need to be replacing the breaks soooo soon. IS THAT NORMAL? I have only 38000 mi right now. Oh and by the way we have had problems with the battery a couple of times where we have had to jump start the car. So I called carmax and asked why I was having to replace soo many things so soon, I've never had to do this for any of my cars till like at least around 50000 mi. I was told to talk to JOSEPH the service MANAGER who basically told me that it was normal wear and tear and that he couldn't do anything but a price adjustment which would only be around 40-50.00 off. I told him that would only cover my gas to go to and from. He kept his ground and said that was all he can do. So I called corporate and talked with Esha and she basically could only talk via messages with JOSEPH and ask him to do a review and which he did but called me back and basically said the same thing he said before. I asked if he could at least change my front breaks and I would go ahead and do the tires and the battery but he flat out said no. I will never take my car back to Carmax for service and I dont recommend buying a car there either. The service or inspection they do doesn't seem fair. I think if I had bought an older car with more miles they would have replaced certain items like the tires and breaks so they are up to state standards but if you are looking to buy a car with less miles they tires and breaks are pretty much the ones that the dealer put on and if they are at the min standards they leave it and oh well I guess. I find that to be very unfair you would think the service department would be able to do something about that. VERY DISAPPOINTING. I did not complain when I had to bring my car in and pay a deductible with maxcare to fix my doors and have to bring it in several times but this is unacceptable. DONT BUY AN CAR FROM HERE AND DON'T BRING IT IN FOR SERVICE EITHER!!!!!! This is the first time I have bought a used car and well NEVER again. All because of this one bad experience.

January 31, 2012

Stay at home mom, I am sorry to hear you haven't had a good experience with our service department. Our Customer Relations team would like to look into your experience further and see if we can help. Please give them a call at 800-519-1511 any time between 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., EST Monday through Friday. ~Britt

Jim schaub

by from Chino hills , ca |

We bought a Kia Forte Koup. Jim was a pleasure to deal with. The entire staff made us feel welcome. Thanks for a great experience. Tom flynn

November 22, 2011

So happy you had such a great experience, Tom. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We hope you are enjoying your new-to-you Kia Forte!

Purchased Porsche Cayman

by from Glendale |

Sales Rep went out f his way to make it happen. Service department great. Very happy with the whole experience. This is my 6th car purchase and it was the best.

September 14, 2011

Wow, six cars Dainese! Thank you for sharing your experience with cars.com and for being such a loyal customer.