Garavel Subaru

Service 888-461-3144

FREE Lifetime Warranty on all new purchases

Satisfied customer

by from Stamford, Ct |

The dealer has a warm customer service for anyone who is looking for a car. The salesperson I had is very patient in showing me all the features of the vehicle I'm looking at and offer me to test drive the car. After looking for a great deal in the area I lived ( 2 other dealers located in the area) I finally purchased the car at this dealership. They offer me a good price for the car I wanted and also provide a nice value for my trade in car.

Great dealership

by from Cortlandt manor n.y. |

One of the best dealerships around. Had a wonderful buying experience for my 2015 wrx. Great price no haggling treated like I was getting a new car from a family member. Brought over 30 cars in my life best car buying experience. Drove over one hour from westchester n.y. Where my dealer there could not get my car after 4 months gravel got the car I wanted in 3 weeks. Nik the internet sales manager was wonderful would go back for my next Subaru for sure they are the best.

Gary @ Garavel

by from Trumbull, CT |

We had the pleasure of working with Gary Saja at Garavel Subaru when looking for a certified used car. We were very stressed out at the time and frustrated with other dealerships.By the time we got to Gary he put us at ease with his friendly manner and polite behavior. It was very refreshing. We described to him what we were looking for, the year, model, price range, and he pulled up a beautiful Outback that I am still so grateful for. I love the car. He followed up with us a few times which was very nice to answer any questions we had. The experience purchasing a car at Garavel was very stress free and they handled everything and made smart suggestions.

Good home town dealership

by from norwalk ct |

Garavel Subaru is a well run family business with a very good team. Gary S was our salesman and a competent, pleasant fellow. They found us a car not in their stock exactly as we asked at an excellent price. The parking lot is short on space but these guys are caring and know their biz. I'd use them again. .

Horrible experience...a total waste of time

by from Tri State Area |

I traveled over 3 hours to purchase a preowned vehicle that I found online and could not believe the condition of the car when I arrived. I specifically told the woman that I spoke to over the phone (Jessica) that I was very particular and that I was looking for a car in excellent condition with no scratches, dents, dings or damage. I was told that the car was in "MINT" condition and she repeatedly assured me that I would be very pleased. When I showed up to look at the car, another salesman assisted me and told me that obviously the woman I spoke on the phone did not actually see the vehicle and he apologized and wanted to know how he could make it up to me. I was livid, as i took the day off to make this trip, I had paid for the ferry and had planned to purchase this vehicle after weeks of shopping only to find out that there were scratches, paint chips and scrapes and found that the interior also had blemishes on the steering wheel, seats and doors. I would never go back to this dealership and warn others to stay clear of this dealership. It's ironic because i had mentioned to Jessica that I saw bad reviews for this dealership and was concerned, and she told me that there were new owners that were running things and that the bad reviews were old. Apparently that was a LIE too!

Stay away from Garavel!

by from weston, ct |

STAY AWAY FROM GARAVEL! I was in the market to purchase my familys's fourth subaru. Love the cars, so no complaints there. Having said that, you should stay away from this dealership. There are better options in the area that sell and lease the same outstanding cars. My salesperson demonstrated a shocking lack of familiarity with the product. She told me that in order to get the radio controls on the steering wheel, I had to have a special package, which cost more than the base model I was looking at. When I did some more research and went to the dealership's own website, I found that not only was she wrong, but that they had two cars in inventory that met the exact specifications I was looking for. When I called this to her attention, she said there must be a mistake on the website. When I pressed her, she said I was right, and that she had misunderstood what I was looking for. When I told her I could get the same exact car for less at Stamford Subaru, she said Stamford would pull a bait and switch and that I would end up paying more. She then said that unlike other dealers, if Garavel can't locate the car with the features I wanted at the price agreed upon and deliver when promised, they would put me in an upgraded model so that they could meet the promised delivery date and Garavel would eat the extra cost. She also pitched the 10 year drivetrain warranty they offer. In the end, they couldn't get the car to me when promised, the salesperson denied that she ever made the promises she had made and her manager threatened not to sell me the car. And the drivetrain warranty? What they don't tell you until after the sale is that it only applies if you service the car at their dealership. The salesperson knew this car was for an out of state college student, and therefore the car could not be serviced at Garavel (thus voiding the warranty). In other words, she knew the warranty would be worthless to me. This dealership exemplifies every bad stereotype you have heard about automobile sales people. Too bad, because it is a great car.

Great experience.

by from Allentown PA |

I bought a used car through George at the used car sales. Treated me very well. Drove almost 100 miles one way for the car. Straight honest deal. Thank you.

Stay Away

by from Yonkers, NY |

When it comes to car dealerships, one does not generally expect a high level of honesty & integrity. Still, despite my low expectations, Georgetown Subaru managed to disappoint, using deceitful tactics to make the sale. Post sale, they virtually disappeared. If price is the same, I would purchase from any other dealership.

The best experience

by from CT |

I searched a 50 mile radius for the new Subaru Impreza I was looking for and found the exact vehicle at Georgetown Subaru. They responded to my inquiry within 10 minutes and later that day I drove home in my new Impreza. The experience was the best I ever received when buying a car! I highly recommend Georgetown Subaru to anyone looking for a new Subaru!

They have cars listed that they are not selling.

by from NY |

I called about a Porche for sale and was told it is not longer for sale because they got a lot of calls because it was priced low, but I could come in to see other cars they have. So not only are they not selling the car they still have it listed for sale.

Garavel Subaru responded to this review

August 24, 2011

We have to apologize to this customer as the car he inquired about was certainly for sale and the person who answered his call was misinformed. The Porsche had been designated as wholesale and was at our storage lot waiting to be sent to auction. We did have several customers come to see the car and had decided to leave it available for sale until we physically shipped it. We used our call tracking system to identify the person who gave the customer the wrong information and corrected them.

Pricing not on the up and up.

by from Fairfield, CT |

Recent experience : I was interested in a used car on their lot,we asked for there lowest price ( all-in, with tax and reg. cost)was given a price written on their business card. When we went back was told that price did not include taxes and reg. They were unwilling to come down from their list price. We wanted to pay all cash no financing. We left disappointed. However, I guess it was a blessing in disguise, because the next day we found the same model and year with a larger engine and less mileage for the price that we had offer this dealer.