McGrath City Honda

Service 877-276-9288

When You Do The Math, You'll Choose McGrath

Love my car and they even FED me! Great dealership

by from Oak Park, IL |

I just want to say how happy I am with the purchase of my new Elantra from McGrath Hyundai. Frank Torres made me a great deal, didn't give me a hard time on price, and had the keys in my hand in just a couple of hours. I LOVE how my new Elantra drives. Thank you so much for the great car buying experience. I'll be back for my next car.

What the heck?

by from South Suburbs |

As I have seen on this website, reviews are terrible. I also called about a good price on a used car, and was told that it was an error ! I asked them to honor the price, and he refused. I now cannot get a manager on the phone. If this is how they do business, how do they treat the vehicles that are sold there. I asked OTHER dealers what they would do in that situation, and they said to call the BBB, because they must honor the price. The price is still there today FYI !

bait and switch

by from Arlington Heights, IL |

Called about a car that was advertised for a great price on this website and said I would come to see it the next day. Salesman on the phone told me to ask for a certain sales manager so everything would be smooth. Made special arragemebnts because I live quite a ways from the dealership. Today looked for car online - price increased 2500. Left message asking about the price change - no one returned my call. Called and talked to the manager who was supposed to be expecting me. Obviously he wasn't. He told me the price I saw yesterday was a 3 day sale and now it's over. I said the guy on the phone didn' t mention a sale. Said he'd call back right away. Didn't call back. If this is how they treat customers, glad I found out before I purchased a vehicle. Will stay away!

Great Dealership and Customer Assistance

by from Huntley, IL |

Great people and great facility. Got the car I went in to look at the same day. Little difficult on the haggling but overall a great expierence.

Be warned ... they will lie to you

by from chicago |

I was expecting to have a good experience with this dealership after Daniela had quickly contacted me with a great price on a Honda Accord and I had already double checked via email that it was the out the door price. I went in to verify it because in the fine print they said this quote was adjustable with any arithmetic errors. I told them I was ready to buy if the quote was what they said it would be. It turned out I was quoted the wrong price on a car, but they wanted me to stay in order to work it out. Since my wife and I were riding with a friend we said we couldn't since it would be a long commute home by train. I was assured that I would get a ride to the closest train station. After waiting a long time for the salesman to come up with the price they could give, I was surprised ... it was much higher than they initially said. After that I politely declined and thanked them for their time. I asked about the ride they had promised, somewhat nervous that since I didn't buy a car they wouldn't care anymore about my wife and I. After waiting another 10-15 minutes they said that there was no way they could take us to a train station. That there was someone just about to come into to buy the car we were just test driving. I was tempted to go back and see if there really was someone there, but didn't care anymore. My wife and I took a bus and a train home. ... over an hour commute. I'm shocked at how much I was lied to by this dealership. AVOID THEM. I'm hoping to have a better dealership experience in the future at another dealership.

Didn't expect to buy

by from Chicago |

I'm sure it happens all the time, but I didn't expect to buy when I went to McGrath. I was just looking to test drive, but was somewhat convinced to buy. It would have happened within the week anyway, but I went ahead and bought. The reason I went to MdGrath is that they had the best used car price for my 2010 Honda Civic. They had a good number of cars at the same price, so I figured I would find one I liked. A little bit of pressure to buy, but that's to be expected. Overall a good experience to buy and got a great deal to boot!

Professional

by from Chicago |

Everyone my wife and I dealt with from the salesman to the manager, and the finance department were quick and professional. We did not spend any time dancing around haggling about the little things, they knew where we wanted to be, we knew where they wanted to be and we met in a comfortable spot for both of this. This was actually my wife purchasing the car, and they understood that and dealt exclusively with her (you'd be surprised as some dealers would still be pitching me on HER car!). Marcus our salesman asked if we thought about new, told him we wanted to stick with the "sightly used" and he wasn't pushy at all. They let my wife and I make a decision in private, and got us on our way. All the decision and negotiating was done very quickly, the only delay was waiting in line for the financing as they were selling plenty of cars that evening and we had to wait about an hour before we could get started on our paper work. Cars.com research was done prior to the trip and this helped both us and the dealer to get to a comfortable spot in the price as quickly as possible. Thanks!

Long wait but overall pretty good

by from Chicago, IL |

It didn't seem like there were enough employees there because we had to sit and wait a lot after we test drove the car. The guy who helped me was really nice and they were really flexible about how and when I would pay.

No Integrity

by from Sugar Grove, IL |

I found that this dealer is deceptive in their tactics. I emailed them about a car I saw online that was in the color I wanted. I also made the point that I lived quite some distance away and would only make the drive if they have the color I want and an agreeable price. I received a quote from them along with a statement that they had a few of that color in stock. I drove 30 miles first thing the next morning only to find out they had none in stock.

Easy to Deal with

by from Elmwood Park |

Came in looking for a vehicle for my daughter. Let the sales staff know our true budget, and they showed us cars in that budget. A few hours later we left with my daughter's first car. Art, the sales person, and his manager Andy were awesome. Thanks Again guys