Driscoll Motors

Driscoll Motors

10301 Burnet Rd., Austin, TX 78758

Used 888-229-3518

Wholesale prices to the public

not willing to negotiate

by from austin. tx |

When i discussed by a 2013 chrylsler 300, i was told the price was not negotiable because of the internet established the prices?

Driscoll Motors responded to this review

July 19, 2013

Retired Guy is correct, we do not negotiate prices. It says so in each of our vehicle listings and on our website, so nobody should be surprised to hear this from us. This has become a common practice in the car business these days because of Internet advertising like Cars.com. NO dealer wants to price their vehicles higher than their competitors, even if they are willing to lower their prices, because many Internet shoppers won't even consider their vehicles, the lower priced vehicles are the ones that attract people's attention. This has become "human nature" in an Internet age! This has also caused some scam dealers that recognise this fact to advertise vehicles for prices lower than they will actually sell their vehicles for, either telling buyers that the vehicle was just sold or tacking on hundreds of dollars in charges to their advertised prices in their closing offices. The car that this gentleman is referring-to was already priced lower than any other comparable car within a 250 mile radius of Austin, and he admitted that the other cars he was looking at in this price range were also selling for non-negotiable prices. I suspect that he was trying to buy a car that was more expensive than his budget allowed. This gentleman never even came here to look at our car, so it is unfair of him to give us ANY rating at all simply because we wouldn't lower our price. The fact that the car sold the very next day for the price we were advertising is proof that our price was more than fair. The bottom line is that a vehicle is worth what someone is willing got pay for it. Driscoll Motors.

The way I like to do business.

by from Austin, Tx |

I concur wholeheartedly with other reviews thus far. This was the most stress-free dealer experience I've ever had. I'm the kind of person who does my research, and knows what I want. I knew this was the used Subaru Outback I wanted, and the one at Driscoll Motors was exceptionally nice at a very fair price and I did not have to be convinced otherwise. I did not have to endure the financing option games that factory dealerships often play, or any high pressure tactics whatsoever. (ie. "You don't really want THAT option", etc... just because they don't have a car with that option.) I walked in and they said... if that's the kind of car you want, then it's a nice one... and they handed me the keys for an instant, private test drive. I made my decision to buy, and to my pleasant surprise they recommended financing it with the UFCU, a local credit union which I have been a loyal member of since 1986, and already have a great history with. I LIKE not having to consider different financing options to affect the final sales price. Since the vehicle was priced so well already, it just wasn't necessary. The cherry on the top of this experience was when I went to my credit union to cut a check, the representatives all knew of this dealer and the person I worked with (Fred), and all spoke very highly of him and this establishment, and the quality of the vehicles offered there. Talk about confidence inspiring! Thank you Driscoll Motors.

Driscoll Motors, I liked them

by from Texas Hill country |

I purchased a 2006 Lexus from Driscoll Motors recently. I have already recommended them to a friend. Wade was very business like. I like the no-nonsense, no haggle approach to car buying.

Great Value & Easy

by from Austin, TX |

I purchased a 2007 Mazda MX-5 from Wade at Driscoll Motors. Their motto is "Wholesale to the Public" and the vehicle was priced well below other vehicles that were similar anywhere else. Wade, my salesperson, made it the easiest and quickest car deal I have ever done! I took it for a test drive then asked about financing. He suggested they did not have any in-house financing but that one of the local credit unions in Austin had low rates. I applied on-line with the credit union and was approved in a few minutes! Overall--no hassle pricing, great interest rate and a great car! Thank you Driscoll Motors and Wade for helping me with my purchase!