Colonial Auto Center

100 Myers Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22906

New 888-533-5256
Used 888-494-7207
Service 888-548-0767

You want it. We've got it.

" What an excellent car buying experience "

by from Charlottesville, Va. |

We had the best car buying experience at this dealership ever. The Sales-Rep Simona, Jim Childress, and Scott Draper made our entire purchase so comfortable, stress - free & no pressure. Simona was fantastic, very knowledgeable, and professional in helping us through the process.The phone calls, test drive, trade- in, financing, add-ons and customer service was exceptional.Thank you again for the great service during and after the sale. I cannot recommend your great team high enough to my friends & co-workers. We love our 2014 Lincoln MKX.

Excellent service

by from Crozet, VA |

Excellent service! Our sales rep. Justin Powell made the process of buying a new car very enjoyable. We were treated very well by all staff. We looked at two other dealerships and had done a fair amount of research. We had a good idea of what we wanted and the Altima met all of our criteria. We got more car for less money at Colonial and a better trade in value on our vehicle. Our next vehicle will be from Colonial.

Fantastic deal, love our salesperson !

by from Nelson County, VA |

This was our third purchase fromColonial, all from Simona, and are very happy with our cars! Simona is fantastic. She is very helpful and will go out of her way to make her customers happy. The only negative about our experience is the wait time to sign the papers. I would suggest that Colonial hire more people to help in that department. The last two times we seemed to wait for hours just to sign our names. Other than that, our experience is great. The only reason we go to Charlottesville is to shop at Colonial Auto Center with Simona!

Amazing service that exceeded all expectations

by from Charlottesville, VA |

A few months ago I bought a used car from Colonial Auto Center and was treated extremely well. Unfortunately I discovered within a matter of weeks that the vehicle I purchased had some rather serious issues that would need expensive repairs. These issues were not the fault of Colonial, but I was worried that I had made a really bad decision that I would be saddled with for years. So imagine my relief and heartfelt appreciation when the management at Colonial took back the car and generously helped me to finance another. I was completely overwhelmed at their kindness, their understanding, and their dedication to customer service. I work at a company that prides itself on great customer service and support. But the lengths to which the good people at Colonial Auto Center went for me - from Sales to the Service Center to Management - convinced me that this was probably the finest buying experience I have ever had anywhere. I went from a state of worry and remorse to absolute relief and heartfelt gratitude. Colonial Auto Center has made me a fan and a customer for life, and I would urge anyone I know to take their business there, whether it be for service, repairs or sales. These are very good people and I am still humbled by how well I was treated. I wish all car dealerships and service centers were run this way. I feel very fortunate to have dealt with them and to have had this experience. A huge personal thanks to my salesman, Mr. William "Chili" Childress, Used Car Manager Mr. Nick Walton, and Service Manager Mr. Doug Layton. All three of these gentlemen were a pleasure to deal with and are a credit to their professions. It's impossible to imagine that I could have been treated nearly as well at any other dealership.

Best Car Buying Experience

by from Loudoun, VA |

I had been searching for the perfect Nissan Juke, and found one online at Colonial Auto Center. Blake Rouse was my sales representative. He was always so nice and quick to respond. I felt like I was his one and only most important customer. There was never any pressure and he went above and beyond to meet my needs. I drove hours to see the car before I bought it, and it was worth the trip! Everyone who works there is so nice and helpful. I never thought it would be fun to buy a car! I will definitely refer them to anyone!

PC12312011

by from Millboro, VA |

I was very pleased with my recent purchase of my Nissan Sentra from Colonial Auto Center. I found the car on the internet and dealt with Blake Rouse. We were able to work out a great deal over the phone and had a very smooth transaction. I was very pleased with the fact that he was able to deliver the car to me on a Saturday and I did not have to travel to Charlottesville to pick it up. I would definitely deal with them again in the future!!

Colonial Auto Center responded to this review

November 9, 2013

Thank you again for your business Kim, I am glad that you had a pleasant, smooth transaction with us. We would love to serve you and your family again in the future! -Blake Rouse

unsatisfied

by from draft VA |

Had an awful experience buying our car. The salesman didn't even want us to take the car for a test drive. Loan approval took hours. Trade in value was not reasonable. Then they sold us warranties and all kinds of other protections. Then they didn't have time to put the on the vehicle. We had to sign two contracts and then were called a week later to come back and sign a third since we supposedly never signed the first one. Our salesman then never returned calls to set up the outside protection and alignment. Then once he did we took it back twice and they didn't have time either time to do it. Set up a time for the third time and still no alignment since it wasn't put in the book. So 4 times back and over a month after purchase and everything still isn't done as they said. Salesman still doesn't return calls. And to top it off paid for tags to be transferred from old vehicle which includes a registration being printed and we did not receive the registration. The printer wasn't working the day of purchase and we were told it would be mailed. Over a month and we still haven't received it and guess who got a ticket going through a road block for not having a registration. You go and spend over $30000 for a car from them and they still can't get it right and to have this many issues come up this short after purchase is ridiculous

Colonial Auto Center responded to this review

June 9, 2013

On behalf of Colonial Auto Center I apologize for the dissatisfaction concerning your recent purchase. Our goal is to provide the highest level of customer service possible, which has been the foundation our company has stood by since its founding in 1924. When first learning of the situation back in April, I did as much research as possible so we could correct the issue's to your satisfaction without additional inconvenience. That meant arranging a time to pick your vehicle up, bringing it to the dealership for completion of the necessary service and protection package, correcting any mechanical issue you were concerned about, and dropping the vehicle back to you with all concerns resolved. As hard as we all try, unfortunately we fall short of our expectations occasionally, but that does not stop us from making it right. I sincerely hope Colonial Auto Center and our Team Members have done that. Thank you again for providing our dealership with the opportunity to assist in your transportation needs, and please feel free to contact me directly with any future concerns. Sincerely, George Peters Internet Manager Colonial Auto Center

Great customer service, low pressure approach

by from Charlottesville |

I had a great experience purchasing a car at Colonial, where I worked with Tim Royer and with Scott Draper in financing. Though I went in expecting to buy a used car, I found that I was able to get a really good deal on a new Versa as they cleared out some of the 2012s to make room for 2013s. Everyone on the staff was very friendly and helpful and were not high pressure like I expected. They were also available to answer questions outside of store hours. Worth noting, I considered going up to Northern VA to purchase a Nissan, but I figured out that some of those places really manipulate their prices online to make it look like they're a lot cheaper than they are. Glad I went with Colonial.

Very accommodating, helpful, friendly!

by from Charlottesville, VA |

From the initial telephone call, to the final handshake, our experience with Colonial Auto Center was extremely positive. We found exactly the used car we were looking for, in mint condition. Our sales representative was knowledgeable and eager to help. He came in on our day off in order to accommodate us, and had everything ready to go as soon as we walked in the door. We are extremely pleased with the whole process.

Very accommodating, helpful, friendly!

Retired Housewife

by from Earlysville, VA |

Our experience shopping for a used car at Colonial Auto Center was GREAT! The customer service given by saleman,Tim Hess, could not have been better. We were shopping on Saturday and the following Tuesday he called to make sure we were happy with our purchase. We really appreciated it. Yes, we will return to Colonial Auto Center the next time we are in the market for another vehicle.