Sawicki Motor Company, Inc.

(3.3) 8 Reviews

1260 N 7th St, Rochelle, IL 61068

Used Tahoe

by from St. Joseph, IL |

Drove 3 hours to buy a used 2007 Tahoe from Sawicki Rochelle. Very responsive to email contact, talked on the phone and basically had the deal done before I made the drive. Worked with us, gave me more than I expected on my trade in, great price on the Tahoe. It is an older dealership with a small-town feel. I would make the drive again and will be looking to go back the next time I drive a car.

March 27, 2012

Thanks for the great review! We are here to help anyway we can in the future.

SARAH BUCK

by from SYCAMORE, IL |

WE HAD THE BEST CAR BUYING EXPERIENCE FROM THE MOMENT WE CALLED THE DEALERSHIP SARAH ANSWERED THE PHONE, GOT THE USED CAR READY FOR US TO TEST DRIVER. SARAH WAS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL DURING THE ENTIRE BUYING EXPERIENCE. WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH THE CAR THAT WE PURCHASED FOR OUR DAUGHTER.

Mike Meyers not willing to discuss service issues!

by from Leaf River IL |

I had my car towed to Sawickis in Rochelle Illinois after hours. Called them right away in the morning to let them know why my car was in their lot and the individual on phone seemed very nice, But he changed his tune quickly after I agreed to let them service my car. It went like this.......I explained my situation of needing the car right away and that if they could get it in right away I would let them do the repair, otherwise my son-in-law and I would tackle it. (It was very cold and I suspected the fuel pump was the culprit, so if they could give me a quick turn around I was willing to pay the price, if not, I was willing to do the work myself in the cold.) I was assured they would get it in that day for diagnose and call me with problem and estimate. That part happened! It was fuel pump and they could order it, have it next day and also installed next day. I said do it ! Everything went south from here ! I didnt receive a call the next day so the following day I stopped right away in the morning and was told the wrong fuel pump got sent so another one was on order and they would get it the next day, do the repairs and have ready for me. Again, no calls so I stopped again to talk to them personally. This time the customer service rep durectly inside the shop doors was Very rude to me, but assured me my car will be done the next business day. They claimed to have it done so I stopped but before paying I requested driving my car because he said it has a slight hesitation at take off and I assured him it did not before. He told me I had to pay first and I refused. He really copped an attitude then and said, Fine but I am going with you. I said thats fine and Boy am I glad I drove it first. The car would bearely run !!! We drove back to the shop and I requested to see his manager. He directed me to an office straight across the shop from his desk to a guy named Nick. Nick was very easy to talk to and understanding as well. He assured me that he would make things right and wanted the opportunity to try and figuire out what was wrong and have it fixed the same day. I agreed and Nick followed through! I got a call from Nick later in the day. The fuel pump was still the problem. The previous teck had not installed the pump properly, but his best tech found and addressed problem. I would Highly Reccomend talking with Nick from the start. I left a message with Mike Meyers telling him that Nick is definately an asset to Sawicki. I also asked him to call me back and left the best times to get ahold of me as I sleep in the day. Basically, he played the game of phone tag so I told him I will be availabe all day on such and such a day for him to contact me. HE NEVER CALLED!!!! I felt and still feel they owe me a reimbursement of at least $100.00 since in order to get my business they promised to have my car turned around by Saturday at the latest and it was actually the following Wednesday or Thursday. If Sawicki reads this feel free to contact me and make things right and I will update my review. You can find me in your computer under Dave C .....Leaf River IL

Not willing to go much below sticker at all

by from Rochelle |

They wont budge from their prices and they lie about current price drops. not worth dealing with in my opinion.

Horrible experiece

by from Rochelle, il |

My fiance test drove a car at lunch and put money down and said she would be back at 5 to complete the deal. When she came back they had someone else out driving and trying to purchase the car. This was her first car purchase and she was beyond upset. The Sales Manager Jim tried to sell the car out from under her, and the competing salesman was beyond rude when I asked him why he was trying to sell a car we had money down on. We will never go back to this business for anything and I will tell everyone know how they conduct shady business. I had heard bad things about them and should have listened. DON'T buy a car at Sawicki's.

July 19, 2013

I sincerely apologize for our mistake and the way you were treated. We have taken steps to address our mistakes so they do not happen again. I am glad you were able to purchase the car you wanted from us. If I can be of any assistance in the future please contact me personally. Thank you for the feedback. Mike Myers General Manager

Weak Follow-up...

by from Freeport, IL |

Salesperson promised to send photos of vehicle after initial phone call. After several days, I sent an email inquiring about the photos and didn't receive them for another couple of days. When I did, they were of such low resolution and size that I couldn't even make out any details of the vehicle at all. In fact, there were only 2 or 3 exterior shots...no interior photos whatsoever. I suppose it's because I was looking at a lower priced vehicle...oh well.

Friendly contact

by from Spring valley,il |

Friendly people to talk to they helped nicely!The help was greatly appreciated!

March 27, 2012

We are here to help anyway we can!

Great service

by from Amsterdam, Europe |

Living in Europe and bought 2 trucks from them and all paperwork was FeDeX'd to me, service was great. Fast replies on emails and all questions answered in no-time. My experience was great, I can honestly recommend them.

March 6, 2012

Thank you, it was a pleasure doing business with you!