Greiner Motor Company of Douglas

Service 888-470-0776

Wyoming's Big 3 Dealer!

Tried to hide damage

by from Riverton, WY |

After consulting a salesman about the condition of a car, I was told it was in excellent shape with no scratches, dings, or dents. I specifically asked about the paint under the bra that was on the car and was told that it looked good. I told him to take the bra off and I would come to take a test drive. After driving 3 hours to see the vehicle, I discovered a dent with missing paint on the front bumper and the fenders didn't line up with the hood. I told the salesman that the car had been wrecked, and he insisted that it had a clean carfax, which it really did. I told him I didn't care what the carfax said, I was looking at a sizeable dent. He wasted my time--I wouldn't have driven all that way to see the car if he had disclosed the truth beforehand.

Dont trust these guys

by from outofstate |

After looking for a new cab and chassis truck, I found one at Greiner. I drove 150 miles to go look at it and was I sure surprised to see what a "new" truck consisted of. I was told the truck was drove from Iowa to Douglas and thats where the 1100 miles on the odometer came from. Upon further inspection of the frame, I was astonished to find weld marks and cutting torch scars at the rear of the frame. It appears that someone had tried to get a bed to fit the frame by cutting a couple inches off of the back and by adding a few holes on the frame that were not supposed to be there. However, upon my inspection no bed was on the truck. Black gloss spray paint was applied over the cuts on the frame and the holes that were drilled. The gloss wasn't even close to matching the flat black paint of the frame from the factory. The staff only wanted to sell me the truck and didn't care that the frame had been tampered with. They said it was good as new...I will NEVER recommend Greiner to ANYONE.

Greiner Motor Company of Douglas responded to this review

May 21, 2013

We certainly appreciate the apparent frustration "Disappointed" experienced in not finding the correct vehicle to fit his needs. Greiner Motors acknowledges that this particular vehicle was listed as "new". Wyoming state law mandates any vehicle that has yet to be purchased from a dealer to be marketed as "new". This particular vehicle fit that description, even though it had accrued mileage during various dealer transactions. Regarding the frame issue, the previously dealership had modified the chassis to accommodate a bale loader. This was subsequently removed prior to Greiner Motors acquiring the truck. The changes were cosmetic in nature and the integrity of the vehicle was never compromised. In fact, the Ford Warranty was still valid. Most cab and chassis trucks are purchased because they can be configured to the user's very specific application, and the chassis is rarely visible. Greiner Motors certainly does not want to misrepresent any of our inventory and apologize for the inconvenience "Disappointed" experienced.

Best Service Great Price Could not ask for more.

by from Douglas, WY |

After looking at vehicles all over the net I found one on Greiner motors website in Douglas Wyoming. I sent an Inquiry and had a call back within 2 hours. They beat every price I found within a reasonable distance of our home. Casey Lengkeek was able to find us exactly what we were looking for and went above and beyond to make sure it all went smoothly for us and got us a great price. Bill Sterling was able to get us better interest then our local bank. We could not be happier with our purchase or with the way things went. I would recommend them to anyone shopping for a vehicle.