Smoky Jennings Chevrolet, Inc.

Smoky Jennings Chevrolet, Inc.

152 N Main St, Palmyra, IL 62674

New 888-565-2749
Used 888-451-5616
Service 888-743-0464

Your local Chevrolet truck dealer, doing business since 1946.

Best Car Buying Experience In 30 Years !!!

by from Clearwater, Fl |

I was looking to replace my 2010 SS Camaro that was totaled by a tow truck here in Florida. After 3 weeks of searching I found Smoky Jennings had posted incredibly a twin of my car with all the after market parts I had. I called Debbie in financing who was a sweetheart! she offered to try and get me a lower rate than my bank and succeeded! I spoke with Doug, the Salesman, made an offer, and he didn't squabble one bit. He accepted it and we started to close the deal. I didn't want to drive to pick up the car, instead having it shipped to me. Debbie fed-x 'ed all the paperwork and I never had to fly to ILL, just a great experience! Then I asked if the prior owner had the car cover. they called the prior owner who the got in touch to offer me more aftermarket parts at a great deal. Shane in Service acted as a liaison and also installed all the parts before shipping car to me. In 30 years of buying cars, I have never had a better experience than Smoky Jennings. 5 stars all the way!!!! Robert (Dj Ace) / Florida

Awesome Car, Awesome Dealer

by from Urbane,Il |

I really lucked out when I found this dealership. They had just the new Corvette Z51 Stingray that I'd been looking for--at a price I would never get anywhere else. The salesman John Shumaker actually sold it to me over the phone. When I went to pick it up, I was surprised to find such a nice dealership in a small town (only 750 people). I planned to pay cash for it, but the finance team made it so easy (Debbie Williams & Jarrod Powell) I financed a portion of the buy. Again, everything was done over the phone, so when I arrived all I had to do is sign the papers and pick up the keys. I met and talked to the GM Rick Thoroman--another great guy and Corvette fan. It was definitely worth the two hour trip to get the car, and although the car is really great, I'm looking forward to getting a new Z06 next year.

Finding my rare truck

by from Tempe, AZ. |

I always look for rare vehicles, usually rare options, gear ratio, motor, special packages or options of which few were made. I live in Tempe, Arizona, near Phoenix so there are many dealers but I never seem to find the rare unique one I am looking for. Therefore, I seldom buy a vehicle here in the Phoenix area, I use the internet to browse for the ones I am looking for. This particular vehicle is a 2013 Chevy Silverado 4wd, extended cab, with a 6.2 liter engine, with the max tow package, which gives you the rare 3:73 rear end gear. I only found a few of these trucks in my price range, and little Smoky Jennings Chevrolet in Palmyra, IL., had the truck, and ironically it was twenty miles from where I had just moved my youngest daughter last summer to, Carlinville, IL. I contacted the dealer, John Shumaker was my contact, I asked for more pictures, history on the truck, his opinion on what shade of leather I should change the seats to, and he accommodated all my concerns and questions promptly and the interior leather change turned out great. My wife and I went to visit my daughter a month ago, without my wife knowing, I drove up to the dealer and bought the truck, I like my vehicle purchases to be a surprise, the dealer is shipping the truck to me. Smoky Jennings is now on my list of diamonds in the rough as a dealer I can contact with my next rare search.

Looking for a Lucerne

by from Edwardsville, Illinois |

Very satisfied with their overall sales effort - professional approach.