Joe Lee Chevrolet, Inc.

(3.0) 2 Reviews

1820 Hwy 65 S, Clinton, AR 72031

Dealer put Passenger tires on a 2500HD Truck

by from Benton, AR |

Truck was purchased with agreement that the dealer provide two new tires. Dealer provided 4 new tires, which was a pleasant surprise, until I found out they were not rated for a 3/4 ton pickup. They are passenger rated tires. I have consulted with several tire dealers and a Bridgestone dealer, they all said they would not put those tires, The Bridgestone P255/70R17 (4 ply tires), a 3/4 ton pickup. They all said a 2500 should have E (10 ply) rated tires. GM, by the sticker on the door, says LT245/75R17E. Here is a description of the tires mounted on an 9,500lb truck (2500HD, HD = Heavy Duty): 'The Bridgestone Dueler H/T D684 II is a light and medium truck all-season tire. It often comes as original equipment on light and medium trucks as well as on some crossover and SUVs.' They have admitted to pulling them off of a 1/2 ton pickup which weighs 4,860lbs. When I told the sales manager I didn't buy a 1/2 ton pickup, I bought a 3/4 ton pickup, a Silverado 2500HD, which weighs 9,500lbs, he said this conversation is over and hung up. When I use this truck it will be loaded with a 1,000lb four-wheeler and towing a 7,000lb camper. By driving on tires not rated nor recommended by GM or any tire dealer I have contacted, I put me and my families lives at risk. One last note, when I originally brought this to their attention, I was told that if I wanted to 'upgrade' the tires, I would have to pay the difference in price and cost of mounting/balancing. Upgrade...all I wanted was the tires recommended by GM, the factory tires like ones that come with a new Silverado 2500HD, AND I only wanted two. They acted like I was trying cheat them somehow. Unbelievable.

Sold with a smile

by from Mountain View, AR |

Several years I purchased my S10 pickup from Joe Lee Chevrolet. The process was fast and painless. I received a more than fair credit for my trade-in.