Jim Clark Auto Center

911 Goldenbelt Blvd, Junction City, KS 66441

New 866-949-0130
Used 888-699-7641
Service 888-935-1724

Everyone from Everyone Trades and Saves at Jim Clark - Under the Huge American Flag!!!

Great buying experience

by from Fort Riley, Kansas |

I purchased a 2014 Silverado LTZ Z71 with the plus package, it is black and chrome. This is a very lovely vehicle and has all the options. My salesmen was Steve Chisholm, he was excellent and offered a no hassle buying experience. Steve brought the vehicle out to my location for me to look at because I was unable to get to the dealership because of work. This was done so that I could make sure this was the particular vehicle I wanted with the options I had specified. Being active duty military I have always been hesitant about buying vehicles from dealerships around the base, because prices tend to be higher and most dealers are unwilling to make deals and give you a fair price. However, this was not the case with Jim Clark Chevrolet Cadillac in Junction City, Kansas. They epitomize what a great dealership is, and they have outstanding customer service.

My new Cruze!

by from Detroit, KS |

2014 Chevy Cruze from James Keene. 3rd New vehicle purchased from James since Nov 2007. Highly recommend James, and have several times. Great dealership to do business with. Financial, Willie Roberts was also great for the 3rd time around!!

Horrible technicians in the service department

by from Junction City, KS |

Thought I was getting a great used vehicle! The sales consultant, Danny Armidon , walked me through their process of vehicle inspection for used, non-certified pre-owned vehicles. He stated that they had a 180 and some point inspection. If this had been true, I would not be having the issues I am currently having with the truck. My problem is not with the sales department. It is with the service department. Every time I bring my vehicle in there, some thing else crops up. Let me give you an example. I took my vehicle in there because it told me to service the charging system. This was 2 days after purchase. The technician told us not to worry about it because the alternator had not gotten the battery up to voltage. This was clearly untrue, but I could not get the department to work on it. I had to have it diagnosed by Firestone (which I paid for out of my pocket and the dealership will not reimburse) just for Jim Clark to admit that the alternator was bad and replace it (which they did free of charge). The starter also went out on the vehicle a week after we bought it. One of the seats that was supposed to fold down wouldn't. The door handle on the vehicle fell off. The air ride compressor died. The driver's side seat won't move, even though the service department diagnosed the problem and made me pay for a motor for it. The truck is currently sitting in my driveway, not able to start, making the clicking noises like the starter went out on it (after Jim Clark supposedly replaced it a couple of months ago.) The turn signal sometimes doesn't make the clicking sound when I turn it on (which I believe points to bigger problems), but the dealership won't even look at that. There was also water dripping from the information center at the top of the truck, but again, that's not an issue either. I have had this vehicle for about 4 months and it has been in the shop to be worked on 10 times. Tell me again about the inspection they do on all used vehicles? The service department can't seem to find the issue with the driver's seat not working, why trust them with anything else? The one bright spot there is Sherry, who sets up our appointments. She is bright and cheerful despite being clearly overwhelmed with work. Of course, if people are taking their cars back for the same issue over and over and over again, then that would explain why she's so busy. Jim Clark is friendly and a good place to buy a NEW vehicle (where the lemon laws protect you - and as long as you have a different dealership to take your vehicle to for maintenance). But I would never recommend anyone to get a USED vehicle there. Their service department is just too incompetent. I will be looking for somewhere else to take my lemon of a vehicle to get it fixed.

Poor Service Department

by from Junction City, KS |

On Thursday May 29, 2014 I had my 2003 Chevy Tahoe towed to Jim Clark because the brake light and ABS light were on, the speedometer didn?t work and the transmission would not shift out of first gear. It only had first gear and reverse. I told Steve in the service department that it seemed to me like it was an electrical issue. Steve set my appointment for first thing Friday morning. I received a call early Friday morning from Steve with the diagnostics. He stated I needed all four brakes and rotors replaced, new tires, a rear wheel speed sensor, a front axle seal and a brake flush all for $1,162.00. (I do agree the brakes, rotors and axle seal need to be replaced but NONE of these were the issue.) I then asked him about the transmission and he stated that the technician didn?t mention anything about it. This is why it was towed in the first place! He then called me back and told me that there was no third gear and that I needed a new transmission ($2,000 for the transmission and $700 in labor). I then stated that it sure seemed like an electrical issue and he told me that the technician ran the diagnostics and all he got was the rear wheel sensor code. I told him I would look into a rebuilt transmission and I would be in to pay their fee and have it towed to a place that rebuilds transmissions in Junction City. When I went to pay I repeated that I thought too many things went out at once and it sure seemed like an electrical issue. He told me that he had his best technician on my Tahoe and he went and talked to him again and reported back to me that the technician could get the transmission into second gear manually but there was no third gear. He then told me that he could have the technician look at it again but it would cost me another $80 diagnostic fee. I then had it towed to the transmission place and told him the issues and the gentleman I spoke with said it sure sounded like an electrical issue as well. First thing Tuesday morning I got a call from the transmission place and was told that mice had chewed through a few wires on the transmission (one of which is the rear wheel speed sensor)! ELECTRICAL just as I thought and what I tried telling Steve at Jim Clark. Thank goodness I have more common sense than the computer they hooked up to the car and the technician that was working on it! I was out of a vehicle for 5 days, spent $92.72 on a diagnostic fee, $50 for another tow and the fee for actually fixing the problem at the transmission place. This service center just tried to get $3,862 out of me of which NONE of it had to do with the problem in the first place! Not a good experience at all!

Always with a Smile

by from Junction City, Kansas |

As I have expressed many many times, I would recommend anyone to visit and/or use the services this dealership provides been going here since 2006, and have not been dissatisfied. Always smiles, helping hands, and willing to make all things right. Love coming to this dealership. I have purchased Vehicles, parts, and have had maintenance done with all of my vehicles with Jim Clark Dealership. Always get the answers that i am looking for, and they have always gone one step further. From buying a Car with Nathan, or having my vehicles worked on in the service department with Mike or Sherry they have always done an excellent job. Then when paying for parts, you still get a smile and they always let you know if you have credit on file with the dealership (Thanks Patrick). Just have to say always a fantastic job.

Outstanding dealership !

by from Manhattan, KS |

Really enjoy the 2014 Chevy Traverse recently purchased at Jim Clark Chevy. Outstanding Sales Manager, Jerrod Leis, and Salesman, Ron Johnson, made the purchase easy and without pressure. Both are very knowledgeable and eager to satisfy their customer base. I would highly recommend this dealership to anyone looking to purchase and new Chevy vehicle !

Twenty-five years and Five cars Later

by from Milford, Kansas |

On February 21, 2014 we purchased a Suburban XL From Jim Clark Auto Center. We have been Customers of Jim Clark Auto Center since the 1980's for all of our auto purchases and service. Through these years we have developed a deep respect for Jim Clark as a community leader, a friend, and a brother in Christ. I believe that he operates his company as a proud American that holds traditional values ant his staff and customers accordingly. Now let me tell you what we think about Jon Johnson. Ron has been the salesman for all of purchases. He is personable, knowledgeable, thorough, and very patient. After each sale he keeps in touch by mail and phone. He is so attentive in meeting our needs that we sometimes get the impression that we are his only customers. Ron is a family man who exudes a joy for life and living. We are proud to call him our friend. Jim Clark Auto Center is a one stop service center and the service center has always been courteous, prompt, and eager to schedule my cars in for service or was able to work me into their schedule if an urgent need came up. All of the staff are courteous and will assist in the kindest way. If I ask the wrong person for an answer that person will find the right person to get me the answer. From the time I pull into the parking lot I experience the assurance that my needs wills be successfully addressed. We always refer friends, neighbors and newcomers to Jim Clark Auto Center and plan to continue.

March 7, 2014

Thank you for the heartfelt feedback about our company!!! It make us extremely happy to do business with people who's own values align with our own. Lifelong customers such as yourself are the lifeblood of our business that allow us to be active and participate in the community. You are correct, our employees, like Ron Johnson we are proud to say symbolize the very essence of our organization. Thank you again for your ongoing support we we look forward to our continued relationship in the future.

do not deal with these people they do not deliver

by from EDMOND, OKLAHOMA |

Poor management & sales personal. They make promises they do not keep. I made a deal on a car they said they would hold for me to pick up. My wife & I drove over 200 miles and arrived as scheduled. The sale's man and General manager said it was sold that morning. They never attempted to call us to cancel our trip. Two tanks of gas and a day wasted with no compensation. General Manager said they needed to train their sales personal better. T00 LATE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME 7&&

awesome dealership

by from junction city Kansas |

I had a fabulous experience with Ron Jon and all staff that applied to my service! I was there and in my new 2014 equinox within a couple hours which was nice...still had day light to take and drive for hours of play! I am very elated with my purchase and would do it all over again! Thanks to my home town dealership Jim Clarks for being like family to me!

February 19, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our dealership as well as Ron. We are all pleased you were happy with the level of service you received and look forward to continuing to take care of you in the future as well. If you ever need anything, don't ever hesitate to let us know.

Great Service

by from Junction City, KS |

Due to my work my wife had taken my 2013 Avalanche in for its maintenance. As always she was treated very well by the good folks at Jim Clark. She had now issues and my Avalanche sounds better than ever.

Great customer service

by from Kansas |

It was nice to work with a dealership that did not play the pricing game. They told us the price of the vehicle we were looking at up front, listened to what we wanted and made it happen. They were true to their word and very friendly. So we bought the vehicle and we are very satisfied with it. The whole process was pleasant and painless. Hard to find that these days with car dealerships. Hope they never change.

January 27, 2014

Thank you for the 5 Star Review, we are glad the you received the shopping experience you were expecting. We always strive to be upfront and competitive in all aspects of our business. If you should ever need anything, please don't hesitate to let us know.