Luther Family Buick Gmc

3202 36th Street Sw, Fargo, ND 58104

Good work but expensive

by from Moorhead |

I have not noticed anything wrong with the repairs and it looks good. I will say if I do recommend anyone to the dealership, I will advise them to be prepared to pay a lot based on how the garage quotes their prices. They use the price for parts which appears to be mostly GM or Delco and quite frankly are over priced. Second they use the book value to do the job. I am very familiar with this process and one thing to note. The book value, quotes prices based on the worst case scenario. The issue with that, is that most cars don't fall into this category. So while the book is a good things to quote a price on, it should not be the absolute rule for the final price. I believe a real life example would clear this up considerably. I was quoted a price for rear breaks that would be over 400.00 for pads and rotors. This included the labor and parts. Let look at just the labor and say the parts are the same price in the equation. I did the brakes myself in 1 hour and 40 minutes and the book quoted 1 hour and 30 minutes (1.5). So I am an inexperienced mechanic without air tools and all the special tools that garages have and I can almost beat the time in the book on the first brake job I have done in about 12 years. Now a mechanic that does this everyday that is equipped with the right tools should be able to do this in less than an hour. Why is the book at 1.5 hours? Because they are quoting the worst possible scenario and the consumer is paying for it, every time. Now compound that issue if you have multiple things to get fixed and each of them is anywhere from .5 to 1 hour too much. You are talking hundreds of dollars just in labor, that is being charged but not used by the technician on your vehicle.

Oil Change and more!

by from Moorhead, MN |

Robb Reierson is the person we go to for our servicing. I needed an oil change and tire rotation and asked if he could look at my brakes while they had my vehicle. Within an hours time I was called that my vehicle was done no brakes needed, but I feel good knowing that they take great car of my vehicle. Thanks to Robb and his team.

Service

by from Moorhead, MN |

Robb was a great help. Very professional and got my vehicle in and out on a very timely basis. Great Service.

Follow up service on new Sierra purchased.

by from Fargo |

Follow up service call to replace defective glove box. Staff was very courteous and professional, issue was fixed quickly. Counter Representative was excellent. They washed my truck and the coffee was good while I waited. Top Notch.

Engine Problems

by from Fargo, ND |

Our car was running poorly. The problem was a broken intake valve spring, and still under warranty. The service advisor, Robin Tollefson, was great. He got us a rental car and had all repairs and safety recalls done in a professional and timely matter. We received daily phone updates. The service technician, Nathan Bode, explained what was being repaired, and very helpful and caring. Both these gentleman are a true asset to the service department!

great service

by from fargo north dakota |

thank you for your good service and helping us understand the problem in order to make our decision if that what we want done or not. We work a lot with Kevin Lindgren and he is good and what he does and is very good to us.

Standard Service Visit, Oil Change, Tire Rotation

by from Fargo, ND |

I love dealing with Paul as a service writer. Having Toby on board is great now too! I didn't take advantage of Pie Day, but from what I saw, I should have! Thank you!

Review

by from Fargo,ND |

Dealership is fine but, it took me 3 phone calls to get an appointment. Sat on hold for the first one for 15 minutes. Second one left a message and didn't get a returned phone call until I already made my appointment and the return phone call was 13 hours later. I called at 7:30 AM and the return phone call was at 8:48 PM.

oil change

by from fargo,nd |

I appreciate the free wash\rinse after the oil change. The extra step to wipe the windows would be a nice touch as the water spots need to be cleaned up once home. Minor point, but just a suggestion.

Quick service, pleasant wait

by from Fargo, ND |

Always great service, oil changes are quick. Nice waiting area with plenty to occupy your short time there (newspaper, tv, tablet, play area, popcorn, coffee, etc.).