Birdnow Motor Trade

(3.0) 2 Reviews

1440 S Frederick, Oelwein, IA 50662

Extremely Satisfying Buying Experience

by from Tipton, IA |

I am so thrilled with my experience with Birdnow in Olewein. We drove over two hours to look at a used car we were interested in. We did not buy it that day as there were a few things we wanted to see done to the car. As soon as the car had made it through detailing, we got a call from Mike Bell, our Salesman. He was very honest about some of the imperfections they were not able to get out of the car, and took pictures to send to us. We were able to negotiate what we think was a very fair deal over the phone and drove the two hours to finalize the paperwork. Even after the sale, we had an issue with the car and Dean, the Sales Manager and Greg, the Parts Manager were extremely helpful and accommodating. They absolutely go out of their way to make this a pleasant experience and to do what it takes to make the customer happy. I would highly recommend talking to them when you're in the market for a new vehicle.

Horrible Experience!!!

by from Oelwein Iowa |

I went into the Birdnow car dealership in Oelwein Iowa to have my tires balanced and rotated.They told me it would cost $29.99 and they would call me when the truck was done. They called me 4 hours later to tell me that all my lug nuts and my special tool to take my lug nuts off were ruined and that I would have to pay close to $50 more to have new lug nuts put on. They ruined my expensive lug nuts that I had specifically for those rims and totally bored out the key for those lug nuts. They blamed me!! They said my tool was bad and the lug nuts were bad prior to taking it into them. THEY WERE NOT!! If the tool was bad to begin with then how would they get all my tires off and why wouldn't they call me prior to taking the tires off to notify me of the issue. BAD BUSINESS!!