Bennett Motors

26 9th St S, Great Falls, MT 59401

Service Dept. billed for warranty work

by from Great Falls, Montana |

I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Accent for my granddaughter for graduation. The car was a "certified" used car and it had a 5 year/50,000 warranty on it. There were 37,000 miles on it when I purchased it in June. After driving the car my granddaughter found that the USB port was not working. My understanding of a "certified" used car was that when you purchase a "certified" used car, the dealership is certifying that everything works properly on the vehicle. I contacted my salesman and he set up an appointment to have the car brought in to fix the problem. When my granddaughter went to pick up the car after service, Nichole, in the service department, gave her a bill for the work they performed. (They didn't even fix the USB port). Nichole proceeded to tell my granddaughter that the car only had a 3 year/30,000 mile warranty on it so it wasn't covered under warranty. Nichole was very rude and condescending to her. My granddaughter called me while with Nichole and told me what was going on. I asked to speak with Nichole and she proceeded to tell me that the car had a 3 year/30,000 mile warranty and therefore we are being billed for the service. I told her she was wrong and that the car was under warranty. She got angry and told me it was not under warranty and that I would have to pay the bill. I told her that my granddaughter and I were not paying a dime for the service and that she was to give my granddaughter the keys to the car and let her leave. Nichole responded (very rudely) that she would take it up with the salesman. Whether she did this I do not know. The following day I got a call from Nichole who said she felt really bad because they couldn't fix the car so she went on-line and did some research and found the part that would fix the USB port. She asked me if I wanted her to order it - of course I did, I wanted the car fixed. The next day I get a voicemail from Nichole stating that they actually had the part in stock and if I wanted it, I could stop by the parts department and purchase it for $32.00. I don't know what to do at this point. Who makes the decisions? FYI - I purchased a 2015 Subaru Forester in November 2014 from Bennetts. I will not be using their service department for oil changes on this vehicle. I will take it into Bennetts for warranty work only. I will continue to use the dealer who I have been taking my cars to for oil changes for years. They are courteous and friendly.

Stranded Canadian Traveler

by from St. Albert, Alberta Canada |

Our 2012 Hyundai Sante Fe malfunctioned 70 miles north of Idaho Falls on April 8th 2015. After travelling slowly to Butte, Mt we found the closest dealership on our route north was Great Falls who we contacted on the morning of April 9th and we were assured that they would service our vehicle shortly after our arrival. Arrived at 11.15AM and Oli who we spoke by phone earlier that day immediately looked after us and contacted Hyundai Can to get approval for any warranty work. By 11.50AM Oli advised that our vehicle would be analyzed shorlty after 12..00 as soon as the service mechanics returned from lunch. Fortunately, our service mechanic returned early from lunch and before 1.00PM Oli advised that was one of six possible problems with the vehicle and he recommended that we go for lunch at a local restaurant which he highly recommended. While waiting for the repairs, the Shop Foreman Steve stopped by to advise what the process was. Shortly after lunch and while walking around the community the Shop Foreman drove by to advise that the problems was a malfunctioned spark plus. Arriving back at the dealership, one of the Service Mgr's Pat went through the problem to advise that the work would not be covered by warranty and we would have to pay for the service which amounted to some $160. The manner in which the service personnel handled us was superior and we would highly recommend your dealership . Well done Oli, Gaylene Steve and Pat. Great job and we really appreciate the quick turnaround.

Happy customer

by from Great falls, montana |

I had been shopping around at other dealerships and was dissatisfied and tired of salesmen trying to give me the run around because I'm a female. I finally went to Bennett and was very impressed with customer service and effort they put into finding the right vehicle for me. Every person I interacted with was fantastic. Great thanks to Bon Anderson and Jenni Mccury

NEVER AGAIN!!

by from Great Falls, MT |

I bought a 2004 Chevy Silverado from Bennett Imports a few months ago. The dealership claimed they had replaced the water pump, the front brakes and a couple of other things. I was also told that the DVD player worked. Less than a day after driving it off the lot the "Check Engine" light came on. I had the code read and it indicated an exhaust issue, specifically the Catalytic Converters. I replaced all the O2 sensors, hoping that was the issue. Unfortunately, it was not. I spent almost $1,000 replacing the converters. This was definitely an issue before I bought the truck and should have been made aware of it by the dealership. When I called and spoke to Bob, the sales manager, I was told he would look into it and call me back. Still waiting for that call, Bob!!!! The DVD player also did not work.........that was approximately $300 to fix. The spark plugs and wires were so worn out that the tip of almost every spark plug was gone....approximately $200 there. Only put a few thousand miles on the truck and it is currently at the repair shop getting the front brakes replaced, along with all 4 shocks. Never seen a set of brakes wear out that quickly.........must have been a poor replacement job, huh Bennett?? I didn't expect the dealership to repair everything that was wrong with the pickup. I did expect them to be upfront about the issues though so I could adjust my offer accordingly. My parents and I both bought several vehicles from Bennett. Not sure what has happened to this dealership, but they won't have to worry about ever getting my business again!!!! Too bad someone sidestepped the owner when I called and specfically asked for her to call me back. Guess whatever legal business she was swamped with is far more important than honest customer service.

Worst Experience Ever

by from Great Falls, MT |

Actually 0 stars or negative would be more fitting. Started out promising with them staying late to help us out since we had to work until 5:30pm every day. However, we came in with a $250-300 budget and little by little they kept adding on until we were at almost $400. The salesman and financier seemed straight forward and honest when they said they were giving us a huge break by upping the value of our trade in over what it was really worth, however, I found out afterwards that they upped the purchase price of the vehicle to make up for the overvalue of the trade-in. We completed the deal and were supposed to get $500 cash back, but after weeks of being told the check was in the mail, I finally went to the dealership and was told I owe them $800. This was also after we received a call from a credit company saying that we were late on paying our car payment for the trade-in Bennett had taken from us. Bennett simply said that the pay off amount for the trade in was more than they expected and so they hadn't paid it off yet and we would have to give Bennett the extra money to make up for it. When we refused to give them any money, saying it was their responsibility to make a quick phone call and get the exact pay off amount, they brought out a slip of paper from among the stack of papers we were quickly ushered through without being given any opportunity to read saying we were responsible for any difference in the actual pay off amount. Finally after all of this, when we went to register the vehicle Bennett had not sent over the title to the treasurer because they didn't have the title to the trade in yet. So right now we're driving around with fingers crossed that we don't get pulled over until Bennett gets around to paying off the trade in and getting the title so we can register the vehicle. Also after all that the USB port in the car doesn't work and there are numerous scratches and dings on the car that the salesman said they would be happy to fix for free if we brought it back which has not been done.

satisfied

by from Great Falls, Mt |

I bought a used envoy from bennett and service engine light came on as i drove off the lot so i turned around and spoke with john the lube foreman and he was very helpful in finding someone to help me. I ended up dealing with keith in the service dept and he was able to get me taken care of. In between talking to those 2 i spoke with 3 other people who just werent very good with customer service they couldnt answer my questions or even point me in the right direction one of them was one of the shop foreman. Overall i am satisfied i just think they need to work on their customer service with some of the employees.

August 31, 2012

Dear Satisfied, Thank you for your review. I appreciate that you pointed out what didn't work as we would have expected because we are always improving. I am glad that John and Keith were able to resolve the issue with your Envoy. They are both very knowledgeable and have great expertise. We look forward to seeing you at your next regular check up! Until then, I hope you enjoy the drive. Cari Yturri, President and Owner Our Mission: Bennett Motors serving our customers with heart for the next 100 years.

Regular Service

by from Great Falls, MT |

They always handle everything very professionally and courteously!

July 2, 2012

Thank you for noticing! We take customer service to heart. We look forward to seeing you again, Cari Yturri

Quick Service

by from Great Falls, MT |

I brought my car into the service dept to have the problem looked at. The service manager promptly made a appointment with the service technician for evaluation and part replacement.The car was given a service inspection while in for repair.I was concerned about the cost of the repair.The service manager promptly researched the problem and told me the repair was under a life time warranty. The dealership provided transportation to and from my work location. When the car problem was fixed I got a call from the service manager offering another transportation ride. The car was parked outside in front of the dealership when I arrived so I didn't have to wait for it to be brought around.The service personnel took my car through the car wash so I had a clean car when I came to pick it up.

July 2, 2012

Dear Subaru Lover, We are so glad that you took the time to comment on your service appointment. Our departments work hard to provide the very best in customer service. I'm also glad you appreciated the free shuttle while your vehicle was in service. We look forward to seeing you again for your next maintenance appointment. Cari Yturri, Owner

Subaru Lover

by from Great Falls, MT |

I love my Forester and the service I get. It is always done with the most friendly people I have ever dealt with!!

May 27, 2012

Thank you Subaru Lover! I appreciate that you noticed our staff and are enjoying your Subaru Forester. It is the highest compliment when our customers will tell their family and friends that this is the place to buy and service their vehicles. We look forward to seeing you at your next maintenance appointment! Cari Yturri, Owner

35000 maintanence

by from Fairfield MT |

Excellent, friendly, prompt service.. I appreciated the transport to and from while waiting for my car to be serviced.

May 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I'm so glad you took advantage of our free shuttle service while your vehicle was in for the 35,000 mile maintenance. We look forward to seeing you next time and will continue to earn your 5 star review! Thank you, Cari Yturri, Owner