1310 E College Dr, Marshall, MN 56258

New 888-349-7202
Used 888-835-0831
Service 888-862-1564

Since 1955 we have strived to exceed customer expectations in the sale and service of new and used vehicles.

Best buying experience in 25 years..

by from sioux falls, sd |

I recently purchased a used vehicle from Lockwood Motors and I dealt with Krysta my salesperson and Darren the manager. What a great experience. I had my best argument ready for haggling and I did not need to. I was treated very fair on my trade in and they repaired everything on the used car, without any hassle. It was definitely worth the 2 hour drive from Sioux Falls, where I was treated very rude and low balledme on my trade, without any questions or comments. Big city dealer didn't care for my cash business!!!! What a great experience and I will definitely be back and have recommended all of my neighbors that are asking me about my new car, t shop at Lockwood Motors.

Lockwood Motor

by from Lyon,Co. MN |

In the past 6 years I have purchased 4 vehicles from Lockwood Motor and both my Son and Daughter have purchased 1 each. the entire staff from sales, office and shop were very helpful. I would like to thank the staff at Lockwood motor for all the help me and my family have received.

Excited about my new vehicle

by from Marshall, MN |

I was shopping for a new vehicle, with a specific one in mind. Salesperson (Krysta) mentioned another model that also fit what I was specifically looking for (gas mileage and passenger capacity), which ended up being the vehicle I bought. I would not have looked at it without her recommendation, and it ended up being the right one for me. I liked that she did not pressure me or hound me with calls. There was a long wait for production of the vehicle, and the paperwork for some of the incentives was laborious, so the 'buying process' gets four stars. We feel we got very good trade-in value.

Do not walk RUN Please Read!!!!!!! CAUTION!!!!

by from Marshall MN |

I brought my 2003 Monte Carlo Jeff Gordon Limited Edition in for a routine oil change. Car was in prestige collection condition when I dropped it off. When I picked up It was totaled from mid passenger side door to back bumper (passenger half of the car completely destroyed ). They had backed into my car with a service truck. when they called me they acted like the wanted to buy the car. I offered them a fair price. Considering within the last 3 years I have put a new engine in the car had all lines flushed, new brakes, struts, tires, wheel bearings, and a new paint job on the hood complete with sticker kit. They then proceeded to tell me that the car was old and not worth anything. I am a 22 year old female. At this point I felt like I had been taken advantage of! I know what I have in the car because I have seen the bills it takes to fix it and I have paid the insurance it takes to own this car. They then told me that my car was old and not worth much. I did not ask for them to total my car. I walked into the shop the same day the accident happened. I had said to Chet Lockwood (the owner) this is a bad situation for both of us so how about we wrok together to make this a win win (due to the event of course). He then said he was sorry and wanted to work with me ( I soon learned what work meant to the guy that had a business handed to him by his dad). He would not work with me on a new vehicle at all. I had showed some interest in a used vehicle he then "low balled me an offer on my car" and would not negotiate more the $700 dollars either way. If you ask me Chet Lockwood Is not in the market of selling car/ any type of customer service, but however, he is in the market of making money no matter who he has to work over even if it i not their fault. If it were up to me I would not suggest this business to anyone. This has to be on of the worst dealerships in all of Minnesota if not the country! If you have interest in a vehicle they may have run do walk away from this it will only end in more expense to your time and your pocket book! Sincerely, Unhappy and worked over U.S Citizen. P.S. I wanted to note with no stars however this website would not let me submit without adding stars

Lockwood Motors responded to this review

November 21, 2013

Offered to fix the car or trade it. Offered Hillary clean retail for her car, AS IS, she wanted $3000 more (11 year old car with over 160K and warning lights on). Tried to fix it. They wanted a check for 150% more then the estimate. Our goal is 100% complete satisfaction. However we were unable to meet customer's unrealistic expectation.

got us home

by from Merritt Island, Florda |

They were helpful, pleasant, and friendly. We were stranded 1600 miles from home with a car that was malfunctioning and I felt they gave us a fair price for our trade in, and a good deal on the car we were interested in. The car they sold us was all that we could ask for, even though they had just received it and we test drove it without it being cleaned or serviced by there team yet. After we made the deal, they took the car and detailed it in about 20 minutes and it was like it was brand new. Thanks to their team there at Lockwood.

by from marshall |

I would not buy another car from them! Bought one hardly had it had engine issues, was under warranty but still. Owner was rude said never drove it enough, paid good money for it, next time I will shop around.