Bill Harris Auto Center, Inc.

(3.0) 2 Reviews

2245 Claremont Ave, Ashland, OH 44805

Oldest trick in the book...

by from Ashland ohio |

I took my car in for a burnt out taillight and brake light. It had been out for a month. I also had a bent rim which I made them aware of. They made me wait for an hour and a half before charging me for a wheel balancing and trying to sell me tires. They did not fix my taillight and I had to take my car somewhere else for a simple light fix. They just kept trying to sell me tires when I had new ones and wouldn't fix the obvious problem. When I tried the file a complaint they were rude to me in regards to my concerns and tried to sell me tires again.

Bill Harris Auto Center, Inc. responded to this review

June 20, 2014

Thank you again for speaking with me over the phone this week, Paige.Your feedback and safety is important to us, and per our phone conversation, I hope you decide to stop in so that we can show you what we discussed. We would never try to sell you something we don't think you need. Again, we understand how you feel, but rest assured, we were trying to do what was best for you and your vehicle. We look forward to seeing you soon. javascript:doVoid()

Nice experience

by from Michigan |

We spent 2 solid weeks on-line and in-person trying to find a used minivan. After untold visits, test-drives and disappointments (outrageous prices, grinding brakes, engine lights on, low/bald tires and one still-tipsy salesguy!) we were quite pleased with our experience at Bill Harris. Gary Guemalata was professional, personable, well-versed in cars and very helpful. He took us out on different roads so we could see how the van performed on different road types and showed us all the features. We also met with many members of the Harris family and also spoke with their other experienced friendly, knowledgeable staff. We ended up buying the van and have driven 300 miles without problems. Thanks Gary and staff!