Stephen Motors, Inc.

Used 877-819-2053
Service 877-826-2670

Outstanding in Every Way

by from Mount Vernon, IA |

I have purchased at least 8 vehicles from Stephen Motors over the past 20 years. They are fair and honest people, the reason I keep going back. I have never been pressured into buying something I didn't want or need. The service department is excellent and fair priced. This is one dealership that makes you feel good just walking in the door.

Excellent Service

by from Monticello, IA |

I had a headlamp out and on my way to work. I asked if it could be repaired and was told in a half hour after lunch. When I said I couldn't wait that long the man said he'd take a look and said he could do it himself without taking everything apart. In 20 minutes I was on my way with a new headlamp and only cost me for parts. I really appreciated it as I didn't want to drive home from work again without the headlamp at 10:40 at night.

Roger does it again!

by from Anamosa, IA |

I stopped in with a check engine light for my Impala- rather than make an appointment, the lady in service told me they'd pull it right in! While I was waiting, I sat down with Roger and Greg (and Jordan, the family dog), had some coffee, and talked about the new cars. People overuse the term "family" when it comes to businesses, but this place really does treat you like you're an equal, and not a number. Down to earth, no pressure, just a nice small-town business. I'll never go back to the "big city" guys that take themselves SOOOO seriously ever again.

Great Experience!

by from Des Moines, IA |

We bought our car online and drove to get it and it was great to work with them! I would recommend them to anyone!

Great Experience!

by from Monticello, Iowa |

I have found that the people that leave reviews like these online are either sharing a great experience or a horrible one- mine was great! I purchased a used 2012 Impala from Stephen Motors in 2013. Greg helped me through the whole process- discovering what vehicle I wanted, and because they didn't have the color I was interested in, they went and found one for me, showing me pictures and keeping me updated along the way. He didn't go ask the boss for prices, he didn't send me to another department for finance, he didn't add on any extended warranties or service contracts. Just good, old-fashioned business. I'll go there again, and I'll tell all my friends!

horrible

by from monticello, ia |

this place needs to be removed from GM facilities. what a blister...

Stephen Motors, Inc. responded to this review

January 26, 2015

Thanks for leaving your feedback on Cars.com. I'm sorry that you didn't have a great experience at our family car dealership. I'd love to have the opportunity to listen to your story, and earn your business back! Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do. - Greg Stephen